Thread: 2vs2 ret

2vs2 ret

am i wrong or ret is dead in 2vs2? i can't do any kind of dps i need a rotation of attacks to get down shield (SS or PW:S)...

i do 2vs2 with a priest. may be she sucks but we just loose, last season i had a good rating (2200) with 60% win ratio but now i dropped it to 2k and to be honest it sucks and it's frustrating playing this combo... no fun at all

Re: 2vs2 ret

if its not fun, dont play it

First of all, retri is nerfed.

2v2 is dead anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    But yeah, it's harder to get high ratings in 2v2 this season, or basically after 3.2.

They also "nerfed" the rating-system, so it's harder to get higher ratings, which was abused by people sitting on high ratings in S6 (Seeing it was implented late season 6.)

But bottom line: Go play 3s

10+ Year Old Account

Well as ret there is only one way to get high ratings in 2v2 & thats get a arms warrior or rouge teammate for their high burst and MS abilities. Retribution paladins have low levels of burst when facing people who have above 800 resilience, so much of their dps and abilities depend on getting critical strikes & if they cant get them they are basically screwed, & since they have lower burst then classes like mages, arms warriors, rouges, dk's etc and no healing debuff their basically there for their ability to slow down & prevent damage or backup heal help as needed with extra damage.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Pro tips for pally:

Pick one spec.

Now, pick another spec's gear

You just doubled your effeciency and can effectively faceroll once again.

Seriously on the average night in 2s, I don't even call out my target anymore, and the comp is simply "UA lock", "DK", or "Warr", since the partner is always a prot pally in holy gear.

Isn't there some ret spec that uses a 1h'er and tank gear now, that is disgustingly stupid?

Ret was dead in 2's after the vindication nerf. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

ret with a healer in 2v2 is pretty much useless, just cant get through the healing of enemy team if they have furious or better and know to play.

So your best bet as ret in 2v2 is going double dps !
    Just any class is good as long as the player knows how to inflict as much dmg as possible.
    So just go out, pop your cds (wings), repentance dps if u decide going for healer(for this your partner will have to have a MS effect) and just hope they die in next few sec, otherwise its a loss.

So the theory behind this is to kill fast or be killed fast

PS: go play 3v3, you'll do way better there

thanks for the confirmation that ret is dead in 2vs2 with a healer :S i'm gonna try ret rogue may be

2v2 is dead

end of

Quote Originally Posted by alko
    PS: go play 3v3, you'll do way better there
    This.

Deleted

I'm rank 1 as ret/druid 127 points ahead of the second team.

Ret's fine, just don't be bad.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amahax
    Pro tips for pally:

Pick one spec.

Now, pick another spec's gear

You just doubled your effeciency and can effectively faceroll once again.

Seriously on the average night in 2s, I don't even call out my target anymore, and the comp is simply "UA lock", "DK", or "Warr", since the partner is always a prot pally in holy gear.

Isn't there some ret spec that uses a 1h'er and tank gear now, that is disgustingly stupid?
    QFT. I can't be bothered with prot DPS, to be quite honest, seeing as it's boring to shit, but it is stupidly powerful if teamed up in 3's with the right partners (a druid and a warrior - not that the warrior will be the one "carrying" the team).

And prot healing's the uttmost retarded spec right now, 12k FoL and a 1k+ HoT, sup gusy? Disgusting. Good thing it's getting absolutely wrecked in 3.2, though Blizz should've already fixed it ages ago seeing as it's not even overpowered, it's just broken.

But still, as I pointed out above, ret's fine and so's actual "holy healing".

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix
    And prot healing's the uttmost retarded spec right now, 12k FoL and a 1k+ HoT, sup gusy? Disgusting. Good thing it's getting absolutely wrecked in 3.2, though Blizz should've already fixed it ages ago seeing as it's not even overpowered, it's just broken.
    You realize you'd have to have several thousand spell power for a 12k FoL? Its coefficient is 100% of spell power plus the base healing. Even with the 30% increased crit heal, you're looking at around 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix
    I'm rank 1 as ret/druid 127 points ahead of the second team.

Ret's fine, just don't be bad.
    eheh i have a priest as healer he always gets trained by a warrior and we just lose to every warrior/prot pally combo and warlock/x ..... rest is quite easy but we just meet those 2 combos