New Raid Attunements

This is just an idea, And no i wasn't around in BC to see Attuning for things like BT and old Nax.

When a new 25/10 raid is released instead of the 25 being able to be instantlly entered all party members should have to complete the 10 man version in order to enter the 25 man dungeon. This would elliminate people easy modeing 10 mans using armour and gear from the 25 man at the begining.

Re: New Raid Attunements

This is against blizz policy of

10 man guilds do 10 mans

25 man guilds do 25 mans.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

So you do 2x 10mans and shaft 5 of your raiders?

Great plan.

All the raids have the same attunement quest these days.

Be Level 80 and inside a raid group.

Managed to do it? Good for you, enjoy raiding, stop being a cockblock for the ones that think of the days with attunements as the tales to scare the children. (Onyxia and Kara attunement, fuck both of them)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333
    This is just an idea, And no i wasn't around in BC to see Attuning for things like BT and old Nax.

When a new 25/10 raid is released instead of the 25 being able to be instantlly entered all party members should have to complete the 10 man version in order to enter the 25 man dungeon. This would elliminate people easy modeing 10 mans using armour and gear from the 25 man at the begining.
    No, 10 and 25 man modes are separate progress paths, doing one should not be a prerequisite for doing another. A better way to stop people in 25-man gear "easy modeing" 10-mans would be to have both modes share a raid lockout, i.e., that you could only do one of them each week.

As for attunements, I think it's perfectly fine to have an attunement to the first raid tier (like Kara attunement in TBC). However, attunements between raid tiers are very bad idea.

You need to do coli normal to unlock heroic. I think that's a good idea, easily doable for a raid group, and since only one person is needed to unlock heroic, there is no burden of attuning new recruits, rerollers and the like.

Attuning new people back in TBC was a pain in the backside.

Deleted

Attunements are cool, but not like unlocking 25 with 10. Totc is a good one with clearing normal to get to heroics. I miss the old ones a bit :\

i was there in bc and i liked every attunement q in there....it is ofc based on a guild with some skill and aiming for endgame raiding...but since it doesnt fit the policy of casuality it wont be back in game...

rgds

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    No, 10 and 25 man modes are separate progress paths, doing one should not be a prerequisite for doing another. A better way to stop people in 25-man gear "easy modeing" 10-mans would be to have both modes share a raid lockout, i.e., that you could only do one of them each week.
    I like this idea tbh but it will never happen.

Dont give me this only 2 10 man's shit. Almost everyguild iv been in has at least 30 people on with a few on standby. I know my guild splits into 3 10 man groups for toc and im sure most guilds wouldnt have a problem getting 5 people from their pool.

What they should do is make more events like the AQ event, where the entire server work together towards opening/or attuning to an instance...

The hard-core raiders could do the insane time consuming quests required and the casual can join the effort by donating items/ Completing quests/kill stuff... you get the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage
    All the raids have the same attunement quest these days.

Be Level 80 and inside a raid group.

Managed to do it? Good for you, enjoy raiding, stop being a cockblock for the ones that think of the days with attunements as the tales to scare the children. (Onyxia and Kara attunement, fuck both of them)
    Neither of those were hard...

... especially Kara, which was an afternoon at most.

Dont give me this only 2 10 man's shit. Almost everyguild iv been in has at least 30 people on with a few on standby. I know my guild splits into 3 10 man groups for toc and im sure most guilds wouldnt have a problem getting 5 people from their pool.
    So I take it that you were never in a guild trying to move from T4 to T5 in TBC, which killed many low level guilds. Building a guild capable of doing 25-mans is different from building a guild capable of doing 2x10-mans.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

What Blizzard should do is make 10 and 25 man share a raid lock out. You run one version per week, keeping 25 man guilds from rolling through 10 man content. Plus if both are tuned similarly then there wouldn't need to be as large of a disparity in ilvl from 10man to 25.

Attunements were a complete and utter pain in the arse. Fuck you, Onyxia. And UBRS.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Blizzard want to have two paths of progression:

10 man naxx/os/eoe -> 10 man Ulduar -> 10 man ToC -> 10 man IC

25 man naxx/os/eoe -> 25 man Ulduar -> 25 man ToC -> 25 man IC

no mixing up here

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain
    What Blizzard should do is make 10 and 25 man share a raid lock out. You run one version per week, keeping 25 man guilds from rolling through 10 man content. Plus if both are tuned similarly then there wouldn't need to be as large of a disparity in ilvl from 10man to 25.
    I actually like this idea. I also think that the achievements should be the same - that way you wouldn't have to go back through 10 man to do all the stuff you already did in 25 man. That way people could just choose which type of raiding they like better and not feel obligated to do both.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

just based on how the storyline is going you should have to clear ToC to unlock Icecrown, even if its easy as hell it should still be an attunement quest.

The whole ToC is to see who is qualified to charge the frozen throne, ob10viously if you fail to complete it you have no business near Icecrown Citadel (at least according to the story)

If they continue to do this 10-Player Normal and 10-Player Heroic / 25-Player Normal and 25-Player Heroic thing into Icecrown then you should have to clear the ToC counterpart (i.e. must clear 25player Heroic to go into ICC Heroic) to enter.

But they won't do it cuz they are scared of pissing people off.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    the "more active and better" player coagulated into a spearhead 10 man group ...... most common argument is "I like 25 man better", but the undelying bit is "I cannot be arsed to lead grou, hold hands, be responsible and..oh look...that other group has the better people anhow, it is just not fair....."
    What's wrong with wanting to play with people of your own skill? The last time I checked I pay to play this game. I don't want to hand hold people and carry them. From my perspective it is frustrating to play with people that wipe you over and over on something simple. I'm paying to have fun playing the game, and if I don't find something fun, I'm not going to do it.

Its never good when you need to do 10man before you can do 25man.

On the other hand, think it was better that you have to do naxx10+os10+eoe10 before you can go to ulduar10. And ulduar10 before you can go to totc10 (same for the 25man version).

Why i think that? I started a new char 5weeks ago, on a for me new realm and being unguilded. Now, im lvl80 geared for every instance and did full totc10+25, but never did ulduar25, only some bosses on ulduar10, never did naxx10.
    The only thing what you have to do is do some heroics (mainly totc+daily) and thats it. Everything is really to simply nowadays.