Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Faction Change Service Now Available in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    How does that suck? You get to do the same faceroll quests again and earn even more gold. Besides, you won't have to get the rep bonus item from the threat from above quest and the other 3 champions seals quests since you're already exalted, thus resulting in even more gold.
    I was exalted with all home-city factions a few months into TBC....

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Bottle_Joe
    bugged for me atm, any1 else receiving the message "please log out of this character" when youre already logged out?
    Nope, got the same thing, sigh.

Tried to change my Orc DK, typed in my CC number wrong (doh!) Now it says "Ineligible to Move".

Oh joy. Thought the whole of running it in the US first, was to get rid of all the bugs.

Oh and I got the "Please log out of your toon first" message as well, whilst I was logged into the game on another toon, on a different server.

Alright, got it working now: Pending.

The only thing putting me off a transfer to Horde at the moment is the fact that I'd have to play a Blood Elf. Implement holy cows already Blizz!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I was exalted with all home-city factions a few months into TBC....
    Some people make alts Nezoia.

Especially with the BG levelling system even more quests will be skipped. Anything that saves old world grinding is a plus to me.

10+ Year Old Account

Character Name Lvl Race/Class Current Realm Available Transfer Click below for options
    Zandiy 80 Gnome Mage Shattered Hand 16 November 2009 Ineligible to Move

FUCK BLIZZARD :>

yayayay! in 2 months i can transfer, on my birthday! lol fanx blizzard

Sucks. What about achivements like Loremaster, is such prevailed properly?
    Loremaster will NOT transfer because any faction specific quests will not transfer, even if horde and alliance have "the same" quest they have different IDs/quest giver/ender etc

Anything that the SAME quest is available to both factions will transfer, anything that is not, won't, and given that more than half of the quests in EK and Kal are faction specific means you will lose 300+ quests in both EK and Kal. Northrend and Outland you'll lose quiet a few also, but it wont be as drastic since a larger percentage are from neutral factions

Brilliant! Now when I come back to wow I can change my male draenei mage into a badass undead mage and my night elf druid into a cow. Wooooooo

Yay now no more QQ threads about how EU doesn't have the faction X-fer
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Completed achievements will transfer over, though; it's only those which are in progress that will be affected by the faction process.
    It'll stay!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#7

Sucks. What about achivements like Loremaster, is such prevailed properly?
    If you've already completed it yes, please note though that if you are working on it will reset to the number of neutral quests you've done only. Meaning all the alliance/horde quests you've done will have to be redone. For example, I need Loremaster of Kalimdor and was about 100 quests away from achieving it. Upon switching to horde, I the counter dropped to around 145/685

So my advice is to earn Loremaster before changing.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Please note that all achievements and quest lines relating to the Argent Tournament are reset when a character uses the Faction Change service.
    Was this the same for US?
    Just fishing for something to whine about comparing US to EU?
    Character Name Lvl Race/Class Current Realm Available Transfer Click below for options
    Zandiy 80 Gnome Mage Shattered Hand 16 November 2009 Ineligible to Move

FUCK BLIZZARD :>

yayayay! in 2 months i can transfer, on my birthday! lol fanx blizzard
    So because you have recently moved your character, and it's still locked out, it's Blizzards fault because you didn't think ahead, or now want to faction/server change?

Shut up.

That said, server transfers were never included, nor promoted as a feature with the faction change. Get over it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Deleted

My old main got the quest for Vials of eternity, and Ruse of the Ashtongue - I've had those since forever, and I know, completing them would yield me Hand of Adal title (one of my friends just did it). Is this transfered with faction change, or would I have to start over and not be able to earn the title anymore?

Edit: Btw, I already have Vashj' vial on the character, and, have had since before nerfs of everything in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Satyr=-
    My old main got the quest for Vials of eternity, and Ruse of the Ashtongue - I've had those since forever, and I know, completing them would yield me Hand of Adal title (one of my friends just did it). Is this transfered with faction change, or would I have to start over and not be able to earn the title anymore?

Edit: Btw, I already have Vashj' vial on the character, and, have had since before nerfs of everything in TBC.
    It clearly statse Faction specific quests, as in horde or alliance, not ashtongue or scales of the sands.

Disclaimer, if you however loose these quests don't come rage at me.

Finaly!

Deleted

Finally!² (UD/Orc Rogue inc. maybe )

cant get on to account management, big surprise

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ais
    It clearly statse Faction specific quests, as in horde or alliance, not ashtongue or scales of the sands.

Disclaimer, if you however loose these quests don't come rage at me.
    Thanks, but yes, I know - and I wouldn't come rage at you, at all :P
    Thing just is if Blizzard "reset" the quest, and gave me the new one with different ID that wouldn't yield the title...
    So much for changing mains ;/

Heh. On my server, we had a guild there that transferred from somewhere else in an attempt to get server firsts.

When they found out that there was already an Alliace guild putting forward on those, they flipped factions to Horde.

Hordeside promptly told the lot of them to fuck off. 8)

Cost of server transfer: $25 per character
    Cost of Faction Change: $35 per character
    Having your entire guild told to fuck off by both factions: Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.