Frost PVP vs Unholy PvP

Hey. Sorry if this has been posted a million times.. I'm new to pvp and am currently running 0/17/54, my mainspec PVE i sfrost DW nad was wondering what it is like compared to unholy aas it suits me a bit better. And since the frost presence nerf do we still pvp in frost presence?
    thanks

Re: Frost PVP vs Unholy PvP

I've been enjoying my Frost DW PvP spec myself, but Unholy is nice as well. I just enjoy Frost more for PvP, have since I was 80. Hungering Cold is a good OHSHIT button.

hawent PvP much. :-[
    butt now that i got a full pvp geer i lack alot of hit!
    so i wuld go unholy to start whit, then build upp som hit
    so u can go DW frost.
    is the hit cap the same for PvP?
    butt unholy´still has a pretty nice damage output regardles
    armp and stuff.

I prefer frost dw pvp

just use a priority dw frost pve rotation with death coil below frost strike

and use HB in aoe and on plate at highest ppriority

i use HB, obliterate and coi glyphs for aoe snare and coi replaces IT

unholy is good for utility but less damage imo

I die a lil inside each time i come to these forums. Good luck at 1500 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    I prefer frost dw pvp

just use a priority dw frost pve rotation with death coil below frost strike

and use HB in aoe and on plate at highest ppriority

i use HB, obliterate and coi glyphs for aoe snare and coi replaces IT

unholy is good for utility but less damage imo
    If your using COI anyway, HB glyph would be un-nessecary?

Quote Originally Posted by mudpies
    If your using COI anyway, HB glyph would be un-nessecary?
    no HB glyph is still good

it applies frost fever aoe which adds a 50% snare and if im running from one or 2 melee and aoe snare rocks

Quote Originally Posted by kekoa

^

Depends. Do you like 1800 rating, or 2200?

well considering bgs either come down to survival 1v1 or death in more than that because there isnt always bg healers i posted my bg spec

He didnt specify but considering his casual attitude id say he wants to do bgs

i eat unholy dks in any bg

Quote Originally Posted by Box of Rox
    Depends. Do you like 1800 rating, or 2200?
    this.

my arena mate was into playing frost, too. we're (face)rolling warr/dk/prot heal pal and we hat quite a good time instagibbing ppl up to 1900. but from then on it became almost impossible. we kind of ran against a wall of CC (mostly on the DK). He could not connect; we could not score a kill; we lost horribly.
    So we forced him to go unholy. We first dropped to about 1800 and he was just complaining that unholy sucked and had no burst and stuff but after ~50 games, he finally adjusted, learned to use his gnaw, gargoyle etc. to fuck up the opponents' healer while I dismembered stuff and so we rushed past 2k. Both the DK and pal still need to gear up (5/5 deadly, lol) but as soon as they do, I can definitely see us above 2.2k.

TL;DR version: play unholy/arms/prot heal and faceroll to glad.
    This user has been banned.

Just to get back to the OPs orginal question. I would go frost for sure. I mean I think it's a safe bet to say that your PvE DW weapons are gonna be alot better than whatever 2H you've got. I am gonna say THINK because I am just starting to really get into arena but I think that most high end teams above 2k are using either spec. And what presence i'm in depends on the comp. If I think i'm gonna get bursted than i pop into frost otherwise i'm in unholy.