... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

130,000 gold and you can't feed your pet

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-793881.jpg
    Farming Resist Sets & Attunements > Instance Gating

10+ Year Old Account

Awesome, nom nom popcorn.

Just ask yourself this, why are you stockpiling the g?

I got to 20k and realised, wtf, I need to use it for something - so bought TTM.

Then, I was like 'oh noes' @ 4k left...

Got back to 15k then spent 10k on mini-pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Niss
    You obviously have no clue about how the whole gear upgrade system works. I don't need to buy anything for Emblems of Triumph because most of the crafter 245 welfare crap has pretty bad stats on it (at least for me), and besides, I already got the parts I could craft replaced with the actual drops. That being said, I don't treat raiding as a job, quite the opposite, it's the only enjoyable acitvity in WoW, and theres millions of upgrades left in ToTC for me.

But anyway, you have to be massively retarded to sit at AH whole day and earn your whole 50s to 2g profit on a single item. Wow, great, you earned whole 100 gold in an hour time! .. lol. People that have massive amounts of golds are generally these people (I actually know one, so I'm basing my example on him) that sit on AH whole day, think they're super clever with addons and earn 50s profits, then spend 4 hours opening the 500 mails with 50 silver in them. (Yes, I know you can do it with an addon.). They have 0 expenses, seeing as they don't raid, they don't have to cover the consumables, repair and any kind of other bills, and thats where the gold is actually used in the game. Basically, they're useless to the whole community just hoarding the gold for absolutely no reason, I could even say stealing it from the players that use it. I could easly have over 500k now if I had zero expenses aswell, it's nothing impressive.

Once again, useless guide, but it's funny to see the QQing about server's economy.
    this guy is furious, and i don't mean gladiator

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-793881.jpg
    Farming Resist Sets & Attunements > Instance Gating

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous1
    this guy is furious, and i don't mean gladiator

Athenes friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Niss
    But anyway, you have to be massively retarded to sit at AH whole day and earn your whole 50s to 2g profit on a single item. Wow, great, you earned whole 100 gold in an hour time! .. lol. People that have massive amounts of golds are generally these people (I actually know one, so I'm basing my example on him) that sit on AH whole day, think they're super clever with addons and earn 50s profits, then spend 4 hours opening the 500 mails with 50 silver in them. (Yes, I know you can do it with an addon.). They have 0 expenses, seeing as they don't raid, they don't have to cover the consumables, repair and any kind of other bills, and thats where the gold is actually used in the game. Basically, they're useless to the whole community just hoarding the gold for absolutely no reason, I could even say stealing it from the players that use it. I could easly have over 500k now if I had zero expenses aswell, it's nothing impressive.

Once again, useless guide, but it's funny to see the QQing about server's economy.
    I agree completely camping the AH to make sure you are always the lowest price on a given item is a complete waste of time, thats why this guide is somewhat less useful then people seem to think. However to say that the only people making significant amounts of money from the AH are no-life campers is inaccurate. The most successful people at making money on the AH are not those who rapidly cancel their auctions and repost them but people with a system (most likely highly automated) which allows them to make significant money with only a small amount of semi-afk time.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Interesting guide. I personally never used that method, I did not expect that much money in it. Seems like I was wrong! Of course, this will have some major impact on server economy because the site is so popular, but who cares? It doesn't change the amount of gold made this way, it just spreads it more. And it is by far not the only way to make game money - basically, you can almost sell anything on the AH. And even the information is not exactly new, there are many blogs and wow-sites with threads related to AH-moneymaking.

And finally: The prices for ores did NOT skyrocket, it's just that every ore that had a reasonable pricing has been bought and blacksmithed now. The market will calm down again after a while when most of the people who read it here don't want to sit at the AH anymore and will go back to their daily quests.
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard
    it's 214748g36s46c only applies to individual toons, you can have as much as you'd like in a guildbank or reach the cap on several toons
    Nitpicking, but nothing is unlimited in the world of computers.

Assuming that guild banks use 64-bit integers for storing gold. The cap is 922337203685477g 58s 08c.

Possibly 1844674407370955g 16s 16c if it's not signed, I can't really think of any reason to be able to set a guild bank to negative. A GM can set gold to negative on players so we need a 32-bit signed integer, but can't see any reason for it on banks. But maybe Blizzard wants it to be signed anyway.

Edit: To put it in context.

Let's assume it's 63-bits. Let's also say that you earn 50000 gold every single day. It'll still take you 506778683343 years to reach the guildbank cap. Our sun is estimated to live another 5 billion years. So, to reach the cap you'd have to farm gold 500 billion years after it has died. :>

Ah, this topic is so much fun, please continue !

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I apologize for the wall of text, if you want a good reason to keep reading I will just say that I made 125 000 gold in 7 weeks just by doing that. (and probably have an extra 25 or 50 000 gold in reagents sitting in my bank)
    Yes, but now that you've posted it here everybody will try and get 125 gold i 7 weeks *g*

Though addons are not enough, you do need a head for making money - I don't alas - so I never buy anything :-/
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoh
    Nitpicking, but nothing is unlimited in the world of computers.

Assuming that guild banks use 64-bit integers for storing gold. The cap is 922337203685477g 58s 08c.

Possibly 1844674407370955g 16s 16c if it's not signed, I can't really think of any reason to be able to set a guild bank to negative. A GM can set gold to negative on players so we need a 32-bit signed integer, but can't see any reason for it on banks. But maybe Blizzard wants it to be signed anyway.
    Assuming is always bad but I agree that they'll probably use a signet long, BUT the reason I said there's no limit is that number is so high that no-one will ever get that amount of gold in a guildbank, hence it's pratically unlimited.

Thanks for killing the AH.

/clap

but seriously you just made a very bad move for the short term.

people will give up on your guide after everything is rock bottom for a while, but thanks again.

not a flame just the reality.

Anyone that has 1 gathering profession and one other that makes items with what the gathering one provides can make money.
    Also all the info in this guide is all over the internet and to find it you just need to use a search engine such as google for example.
    If you do not know how to take advantage of your professions and think that this info was some kind of well kept secret then you are a total idiot. Do the google thing again and guess what: it's no secret, there are guides everywhere.

This won't ruin anything, this is just common sense if you know how to use your brain. Making money in this game is retardedly easy. Stop qq-ing, nobody gives a crap.
    /hug

Brb farming cobalt.

Lol @ QQers.

I guess as some ppl have already posted that with 1st kills done and dusted for a while you need a way to maintain traffic and this is doing a bang up job as you get both the ppl who love you cause they think they'll earn as much gold as you and you get ppl like me who thinks it's a cheap shot way to obtain traffic. Just because you have secured your gold stock doesn't mean everyone else has nor does it give you the right to use that knowledge to gain traffic on your website cause you dont really need more gold atm. But I guess you have all rights reserved..

As to the ones say there are plenty of guides out there, yes there is but that that takes a tid bit of effort from ppl to go look for them, which most is too lazy to do. and as he said himself, this site is more popular then most think.

But I guess I'm just adding to your agenda by replying so guess I'm no better then the rest for biting, have fun with next weeks cheap shot.

@Boubouille

Ok, u are an AH camper asshole ok...but why the hell u showed it to everybody ;D ???

For many people wow is economic game too, its funny to find markets and play on them...people like u destroy this game.
    I ll never visit MMO again for this article.

I can only play on evenings and i am glad that i could made over 300k...that will end after this article i will get countered all day long and i can only hope that this gold i worked hard for, will be worth something after the inflation that will come now....

- thx to Boubouille you are realy a big asshole you helped nobody and just destroyed the fun for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybarracuda
    @Boubouille

Ok, u are an AH camper asshole ok...but why the hell u showed it to everybody ;D ???

For many people wow is economic game too, its funny to find markets and play on them...people like u destroy this game.

I can only play on evenings and i am glad that i could made over 300k...that will end after this article i will get countered all day long and i can only hope that this gold i worked hard for, will be worth something after the inflation that will come now....

- thx to Boubouille you are realy a big asshole you helped nobody and just destroyed the fun for many people.

u mad?

Quote Originally Posted by duffybarracuda
    @Boubouille

^^^^^^^^^ LMMFAO!!!!!!!!

banned!

not that we dont see your point. you just cant say that shit.

Neat guide, but I now see every profitable item mentioned in it having its profit margin plummet to hell and stay there for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by lumnights
    Neat guide, but I now see every profitable item mentioned in it having its profit margin plummet to hell and stay there for the forseeable future.
    Actualy the trick about the guide is not to use items he said, but to figure out ways to make money predicting what the mass of sheeps will do .

Vanish fix: Bad idea.... already op enough

mmo-champ gold guides: worse idea.... well there's one thing you cant change and that's the price of titanium.