Page 38 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Should I gem and reforge to hit 17%? I was doing this but just added a couple new epics and am wondering if I should still be doing it. I know with BIS you sacrifice too much of other stats, but I'm not BIS so how do I know if I'm sacrificing enough or not? Simcraft still shows hit valued higher than anything else, so I was gemming/reforging for full 17%.
    Top 100.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get a general feel for what everyone else is pulling in heroics more or less consistently. I typically pull between 13-14k on boss fights and just wanted to know if this is around where everyone else is as well. I know my class (well, maybe not depending on what you post) and generally feel like simcraft really overestimates the damage (see 22k on elitistjerks), but I'd really like to hear how you guys are doing before I look into switching up what I do.

Ripsin - Burning Legion (ilvl 352)
    (sorry for no link, first post)

Deleted
    At aka00devon:

I do max. 12k dps on a boss, depending on the fight. In a fight where I have to use a lot of CC and/or have to move a lot, it's about 9 or 10k. My gear is far from perfect -still running around with a green trinket-, and I like to screw up my rotation and forget to refresh Corruption once in a while -same to BoD-, or jumping into a Blitz or a lava puddle. So I guess I can do better.

Volviga - Scarshield Legion (iLvl 342)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Should I gem and reforge to hit 17%? I was doing this but just added a couple new epics and am wondering if I should still be doing it. I know with BIS you sacrifice too much of other stats, but I'm not BIS so how do I know if I'm sacrificing enough or not? Simcraft still shows hit valued higher than anything else, so I was gemming/reforging for full 17%.
    EDIT so I don't sound like an idiot anymore -
    If you're doing raid content, 17% is pretty much essential. If you're not doing raid content yet, you don't need to worry about 17%. If you plan on raiding in the near future though, I'd reforge pieces until you hit 17%.

For Ripsin - Armory shows you wearing a couple pvp pieces, though its probably for your pvp afflic spec. Assuming you have real pieces there (chest and hands), you look fine. Can't really tell if you're doing something wrong without fight numbers though.
    Last edited by gualdhar; 2011-01-06 at 09:12 PM.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    For Ripsin - Armory shows you wearing a couple pvp pieces, though its probably for your pvp afflic spec. Assuming you have real pieces there (chest and hands), you look fine. Can't really tell if you're doing something wrong without fight numbers though.
    I was more concerned with other people's damage and whether or not anyone was getting up into the 20k range. It just hurts to see a rogue pull 24k and i'm sitting around 16k in a raid. I'm not looking for help to see if I'm doing it wrong, but more to see if others are doing it right.

I keep the 2 set bonus in pve for now for the 70 int and that the chest is definitely better than the best heroic chest, and the gloves are arguably equal to the reputation gloves. With the 70 int set bonus they are definitely better. Once I get some respectable raid pieces for these slots, I will of course replace them.

I can consistently hit 20k in raid but I'm sitting on a good bit of gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have hit 20k when the stars align and I don't press my buttons like a moron, remember to use my cooldowns, and end the fight with zero instead of near-full mana.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Last raid I was in I hit 17k, but it was melee heavy so I was missing decent buffs.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

I was curious of a few things...us.battle.net/wow/en/character/farstriders/caladorean/advanced

No CoE nor food or pot was used and I am spec'd for Demonic Pact and ISB

i332.photobucket.com/albums/m352/bogey2230/WoWScrnShot_010611_171324.jpg
    i332.photobucket.com/albums/m352/bogey2230/WoWScrnShot_010611_171020.jpg

Most posts I've read have a demo lock placing no pts in Bane instead putting 2 pts in Soulfire and 1 in emberstorm decreasing cast time of SF and increasing haste by 15%. I understand the conception but since by SB is putting out a great deal more dps than the dots, aren't I correct in keeping Bane maxed to lesson the cast time of SB?

My shot rotation currently is CoE( again, not used for above pics) , Meta, Soulburn, Immo, Bane, Corr, demon soul, SB, HoG for refresh on Immo...

Crits will come and go and two pics are even close to a decent picture of what i can do or cant but those numbers are similar...

Any direction / help / Slap in the proverbal head would be appreciated..

CAl

Ideally you will completely drop those corruption points and get them into soulfire. You'll also take 2 points from shadow and flame to put in emberstorm. You need ISF. Especially since haste is such a vital stat for demon warlocks.

I can understand dropping the corruption pts and putting them into ISF since corruption is only 10-12% of total dps.

Once again, SB is making up 31-38% of my total damage therefore I dont see the purpouse of pts being taken out of shad/flam since i get a 12% increase to Sha Bolt damage.

Are you saying that reducing my SF cast time by a full second will make up the dps I will lose from shad/flame dps buff?

Im currently sitting on 2170 haste

cal

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    I can consistently hit 20k in raid but I'm sitting on a good bit of gear.
    Would love to see some WOL reports, tried to look up your guilds reports and got pretty much nothing...

Deleted
    Hi there, atm im using those 2 builds ( Sry i cannot post a link at armory before i make few posts but if u are interested you can find me at Eu Neptulon server as player Aurolac )
    I noticed that a lot of people start to play demo. Me as demo i can do 25-30 k AOE dps but at a single target i cant do more then 4-5k dps as destro i do around 6-7 k . I use the next rotation :
    Curse of the Elements,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Corruption,Soulburn,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap

or at trash :
    /castsequence reset=30/combat/target Curse of the Elements,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Corruption,Shadowflame,Soul Fire,Soul fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap
    Whats wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodu View Post
    Hi there, atm im using those 2 builds ( Sry i cannot post a link at armory before i make few posts but if u are interested you can find me at Eu Neptulon server as player Aurolac )
    I noticed that a lot of people start to play demo. Me as demo i can do 25-30 k AOE dps but at a single target i cant do more then 4-5k dps as destro i do around 6-7 k . I use the next rotation :
    Curse of the Elements,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Corruption,Soulburn,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap

or at trash :
    /castsequence reset=30/combat/target Curse of the Elements,Immolate,Hand of Gul'dan,Corruption,Shadowflame,Soul Fire,Soul fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life tap
    Whats wrong?
    well it looks like you're a fresh 85, so theres a lot of things you need to do. I'll address spec first:

1) Your talent spec is a bit off. 0/31/10 is correct, but you've placed the points differently. Switch to This spec.
    2) Your glyphs are a bit messed up. You're missing a prime (which is a huge dps loss), and your felguard glyph is incorrect. It sounds strange, but the highest single-target dps uses succubus, with the glyph of lash of pain. you'll also want to get a metamorphosis glyph.

For gear:
    1) don't use pvp gear. You've got a pvp trinket (the insignia) and its not a very good one at that. rule of thumb: if it has resilience on it, stay away.
    2) You don't have anything gemmed or enchanted. I know some of your gear is low and you're looking at replacing it asap, but things like your cape and your off-hand are great pre-raid pieces, and they should definitely be enchanted quickly. The rest of it you should enchant as soon as money allows, especially if you get an upgrade.
    3) If you're not raiding yet (which I seriously doubt you are), you don't need 17% hit for heroics. You only need 6%. Some of your reforges to hit can be reverted to normal. Just be prepared to put them back when you start raiding.
    4) Get your professions up and make use of them in groups. Tailoring especially has the best profession bonus for warlocks; the cloak enchant averages over 130 int more than any other enchant that can be put there, and cheap leg enchants are nice too. Alchemy gets great personal potions and gets elixir buffs if I remember correctly. Its expensive to level them, but well worth the price of admission.
    For rotation:

1) For single target dps, like I said above, you need to use succubus. Its idiotic, but with the glyph of lash of pain it makes it the best single target dps pet for any spec but destro. It also has some nice cc options if needed.
    2) You need to open with soulfire. Improved Soul Fire is the one absolutely essential part of any warlock rotation. You can put CoE up first (I usually do, it also gives the tank enough time to grab some hate) but otherwise ISF should be up 24/7.
    3) Don't life tap during a fight if you're not close to out of mana. Life tap should only be used when you're low (or are moving and will be low sometime during the fight).
    4) Immolate and corruption need to be up as much as refreshing ISF allows. Hand of Guldan should be cast on cooldown to refresh immo, and corruption needs to be recast when the dot is under about 2 seconds remaining.
    5) Shadow bolt is a filler, the spells above are more important. You may get three off before something else happens, but you may only get 1 or 2.
    6) If you get Molten Core to proc, use Incinerate as your filler instead of Shadow Bolt.

Any other questions should be answered by this thread: http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110366-..._demon_within/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bogey2230 View Post
    I can understand dropping the corruption pts and putting them into ISF since corruption is only 10-12% of total dps.

Once again, SB is making up 31-38% of my total damage therefore I dont see the purpouse of pts being taken out of shad/flam since i get a 12% increase to Sha Bolt damage.

Are you saying that reducing my SF cast time by a full second will make up the dps I will lose from shad/flame dps buff?

Im currently sitting on 2170 haste

cal
    Current math suggests that 1/3 Shadowbolt/Incinerate < 3/3 Bane
    But you have higher haste than most, you might want to check out simcraft yourself.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm not too sure what my DPS problem is. I use demonology and affliction and I still can't seem to break over 11k. Here's a picture of recount after the Aragoloth encounter. I was currently in demo for this fight, but I mainly use affliction. If I can have any advice I'm not sure whats wrong.

http: //img688 .imageshack.us /i/wowscrnshot010711221008.jpg/

depends on the fights, demo is great with adds and destro is good with 2 bosses...

Deleted

Am i making some mistakes?

Hello i'm a demo lock with a decent pre-raid gear... according with simulationcraft my dps could reach 22k... i know that this is an ideal fight... but in raid i can hit sometimes 15k and my avarage dps is around 11-12k.
    My rotation is the same of elitist jerks.
    i can't post any links becouse this is my first post so i can't post my screenshot
    My lock's name is: DUNEDAINS (human) RUNETOTEM (eu).
    I like demo but usually with destro i'm doing more dps
    thanks for Your time
    YO

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 01:58 PM ----------

i have fun with demo beacouse in aoe i can hit more than 60k.... maybe for a single target fight is better destro...
    if i have destro for offSpec i have to Regem?
    isn't different the value for crit/haste/mastery for demo and destro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    Hello i'm a demo lock with a decent pre-raid gear... according with simulationcraft my dps could reach 22k... i know that this is an ideal fight... but in raid i can hit sometimes 15k and my avarage dps is around 11-12k.
    My rotation is the same of elitist jerks.
    i can't post any links becouse this is my first post so i can't post my screenshot
    My lock's name is: DUNEDAINS (human) RUNETOTEM (eu).
    I like demo but usually with destro i'm doing more dps
    thanks for Your time
    YO

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 01:58 PM ----------

i have fun with demo beacouse in aoe i can hit more than 60k.... maybe for a single target fight is better destro...
    if i have destro for offSpec i have to Regem?
    isn't different the value for crit/haste/mastery for demo and destro?
    Simcraft always goes high. You've probably got it on patchwerk fight, which involves no movement at all. You've also probably selected raid buffs/debuffs which your raid doesn't have (especially 10man tends to be short on something). In terms of your gear, enchant your wrists and chest, change your meta to ember, leave two sockets as reckless (20int/20haste), change all those blues (except head) to brilliants, and reforge to hit cap. Use http://wowreforge.com/ if you want to get as close to 1742 as humanly possible.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=gualdhar;10045205]Simcraft always goes high. You've probably got it on patchwerk fight, which involves no movement at all. You've also probably selected raid buffs/debuffs which your raid doesn't have (especially 10man tends to be short on something). In terms of your gear, enchant your wrists and chest, change your meta to ember, leave two sockets as reckless (20int/20haste), change all those blues (except head) to brilliants, and reforge to hit cap.

thanks for your post.
    ok for the enchant and for the meta, but why i have to change this gems. for example changing the blues to brillian i'll lose the socket bonus, and now i'm hit capped (i have got 1723 no sense to get closer). i gemmed like these cos i read a post on elitist jerks, and all the TOP lock use this gems.
    Btw i think that my problem isn't what kind of gem i'm socketting, but use the right spec for the right fight

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:16 PM ----------

just see that the first lock in my realm use a lot of Brilliant... thinking about regem all