Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrada View Post
    I'm regularly posting 16-22k on Heroic Firelands fights. Every indicator I have says my DPS is far below where it should be, but I've exhausted my own analysis as to why, as well as the analytical skills of my guildmates. So now I ask for help.

I currently run a Demo spec, though am capable of aflic as well, though I have similar numbers issues.
    armory *first post and won't let me post links. Look up Hrada on Runetotem US.

for logs, I offer up the following logs
    *Won't let me post links due to first post. Guild Tempest on Runetotem US on world of Logs.

Duties: Shannox: kill boss
    Baelroc - Ranged DPS and 3rd string shard eater
    Ryolith - Adds with a priority of Shards > Spark > oozes
    Domo - Kill boss, stick with group for scorp phase.
    Ragnaros - DPS at range
    Died on the most recent Shannox, so looking at Baleroc. No Doomguard on the kill obviously doesn't help (assuming 1m damage, that's nearly 2800 DPS), but you're still not doing things right. Your Felguard and Felhunter each have 45% uptime on him - that's just wrong. Start with Felguard, Demon Soul + Felstorm with Moonwell, then Soulburn out a Felhunter and keep it out. That's something like a 3k DPS gain right there. Thoeretically there were 7 HoGs you could've cast but didn't, and 40 seconds where Corruption wasn't up which would equate to about 222 DPS, not factoring instant SBs and extra Shadow Bite damage. So there's 6k+ DPS you've lost, and the majority is coming from mismanagement of pets, or trying too hard to get the perfect Demon Soul/Felstorm each time - don't do it, stick to Felhunter after the opening.

Get all of that right, Doomguard up and in melee range with Shadowflame on cooldown and Immolation Aura, and you'll be at 30k or over.

Also, I don't mean to be harsh, but looking at Domo you also just need to more proactive and think ahead with what you're doing. DoT uptime was really low, as was Legendary Concentration. You took 24 ticks of Leaping Flames and were doing the pet thing again. Affliction is probably better for this fight anyhow, but start moving when he gets 100 energy, place your portal for an easy escape, use your racial - plenty of ways to avoid the leap, and that'll help your DPS here.
    Last edited by mmoc2d5f80d265; 2011-11-03 at 10:53 AM.

Hey guys, I need your guidance in case of our guild warlock. His english isn't that great so I'm starting this threat for him. We don't know why, but we think he could pull more than he is actually. He doesn't have a special duty on all bosses but ragnaros hc where he has to save cds for p2.

I can only compare him to the warlock we had before, and the ex warlock was pulling way ahead, so please help us with your guidance :P

His mainspecc for raiding is demonology
    eu.battle . net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Hexendoc/advanced

worldoflogs . com/reports/jic30uf2ji9otpra/

not allowed to post links yet

Thanks a lot

Alright so im having problems getting decent dps on my affliction lock. Im only doing around 13k and i know i should be doing more than this. (cant post pics yet)
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2058v7t&s=5
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=smalac&s=5

my starting rotaion is:
    Curse of elements
    shadow bolt
    Haunt
    Demon Soul
    UA
    Bane of Doom
    Corruption
    shadow Bolt

Then i use haunt on Cooldown and refresh Unstable affliction when it has around 2-3 seconds remaining. And use demon soul on Cooldown. and when I had a free cd i used an soulburn+soulfire.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esham/advanced

I know i got pvp shoulders but i cant get the ones from za/zg to drop

Is it worth it to sacrifice Alot of mastery for soft haste cap as demo? and is the soft haste cap as important as Moonwell;chalice to a demo lock? and what % is exactly the softcap?
    Last edited by Takonic; 2011-11-04 at 05:53 AM.

Daine, I wanted to thank you. I'll be giving this a go on the next raid. And don't worry about being harsh, if there's a way to improve I wasn't seeing, it helps. thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    Alright so im having problems getting decent dps on my affliction lock. Im only doing around 13k and i know i should be doing more than this. (cant post pics yet)
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2058v7t&s=5
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=smalac&s=5

my starting rotaion is:
    Curse of elements
    shadow bolt
    Haunt
    Demon Soul
    UA
    Bane of Doom
    Corruption
    shadow Bolt

Then i use haunt on Cooldown and refresh Unstable affliction when it has around 2-3 seconds remaining. And use demon soul on Cooldown. and when I had a free cd i used an soulburn+soulfire.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esham/advanced

I know i got pvp shoulders but i cant get the ones from za/zg to drop

As affliction you should note that using soulburn + soulfire is rather dull. i believe shadowbolt filler is better for that GCD. and soulshards kept for something else like .. your pet dying .. bam instant summon.

Also haste > mastery. Mastery for affl is bad. Try getting haste breakpoints. Though your gear is pretty bad so don't be expecting 100k dps or something. You need to use valor points for tier , get lucky in BH.Get 378 cloak and waist from firelands trash farming for rep (you need friendly for back and honored for waist). Also you can get a 365 neck from molten front .. you only need to open the way to the quest hubs.Free 365.

I believe mithril stopwatch is pretty bad. Soul Casket is better. (mastery + on use spell power) 1650 justice points.

That's all for affliction IMO.

For DEMO. you should go with the same opener felguard demon soul and soulburn for felhunter (some1 said before).keep your dots up.
    pop doomguard for single target on cd and infernal for heavy aoe in conjunction with demon form immolation aura and hellfire. (crazy aoe)

Also i know some people think that the filler for demo is incinerate (IT IS NOT)!

Using shadow bolt as a filler gives you about 200+ dps and is optimal.
    Incinerate should only be used under molten core buff.

Mastery is good for Demo so if you can get Moonwell chalice or other trinkets on use mastery (or time the procs)/ buffs to line up with demon form and doomguard (possible with hero/time warp) would increase your dps by a HUGE amount.

Other than general tweaks which you have, you shouldn't expect a huge increase in your dps considering that you haven't gotten all the gear you can get without even killing a boss in firelands.

You can improve a lot by farming trash(for drops and rep), doing dailies (for neck and trinket).Getting soul casket (IMO soul casket>mithril stopwatch)-1650 justice.Farming valor points for 3xt12.

I hope this helps.Good luck and most importantly have fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrada View Post
    Daine, I wanted to thank you. I'll be giving this a go on the next raid. And don't worry about being harsh, if there's a way to improve I wasn't seeing, it helps. thank you
    Well hopefully I've helped, let me know how it goes

I am new to the warlock class (playing Affliction) and had a quick question regarding Recount. I tried to merge my pet's damage w/ my own in Recount, but it didn't add to my dps (i.e. when I look into the stats my pet's Shadow Bite isn't even on there). When I break them out separately, my pet does ~3.5k damage on top of the 12.5k I do to a normal 85 training dummy. Should I add my pet's dps to my overall number to be ~16k, or is my pet's damage already baked into my 12.5k? Like I said, when I look at the stats for my 12.5k my pet's damage doesnt show up.

I am simply trying to figure out how best to read my DPS so I can compare it to other number I've seen posted here.

Edit: Spelling
    Last edited by jav27msb07; 2011-11-07 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    By default it should take into account your pets damage, I can vouch for this seeing as how I've never altered any of the recount settings and I'm getting results showing my felhunters damage.

If you can't see your pets damage under the title "Pet: Top 3 Pet Damage Abilities" when holding your mouse over your damage, then just click the bar representing your damage. This should result in a new popup window with lots of information. If you in this window press the magnifying glass to the top right, there should be a title named "Pet Damage".

If both of these are empty then I guess you've somehow managed to remove the pets damage from your own, however I do not think this is the case!

Good luck

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 06:09 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/B0Sbj,NUENC

First image is what I get when I mouseover the damage, second image is when I've pressed the damage and subsequently pressed the magnifying glass in the top right corner.

EDIT: I am using quite alot of different UI that might mess with my Recount, however I think the only difference should be the colorings/skin.
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2011-11-07 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    If you can't see your pets damage under the title "Pet: Top 3 Pet Damage Abilities" when holding your mouse over your damage, then just click the bar representing your damage. This should result in a new popup window with lots of information. If you in this window press the magnifying glass to the top right, there should be a title named "Pet Damage".

If both of these are empty then I guess you've somehow managed to remove the pets damage from your own, however I do not think this is the case!
    Thanks, I will try this again, but I feel like I have already done this. I may simply be reading it wrong, but when I click on my DPS on Recount, and it shows the damge contribution by spell frame, my pet's damage does not show up. amishjello posted a pic earlier showing his pet's Shadow Bite in his damage break-down frame which is why I am asking the question: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2058v7t&s=5

I will try your suggestion, and if that doesn't work, I will re-install Recount.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Takonic View Post
    Is it worth it to sacrifice Alot of mastery for soft haste cap as demo? and is the soft haste cap as important as Moonwell;chalice to a demo lock? and what % is exactly the softcap?
    No, ignore haste caps. Haste caps are irrelevant for both Demonology and Affliction. Definitely not, I won't be surprised if Moonwell Chalice stays BiS until next expansion for Demonology. See: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KPti9oE#gid=13
    Again though, disregard it.

Have some quick questions

If my demonsoul and moonwell is on CD and my meta is ready

1)Should i pop meta asap or wait till both my trinket and DS ready ?(also hardcast felguard before DS)

2)Should I wait till my necromatic focus stack up to 10 before pop my first meta?

Another question

between Shadowflame Hood(359) and Flickering Cowl of the Fireflash(378) with 242 crit and 242 haste what should i wear

My stat with Shadowflame Hood(with hit cap)
    SP 9313
    Haste 7.15%
    Crit 13.49%
    Mastery 19.70

Flickering Cowl of the Fireflash
    SP 9430
    ็Haste 8.16%
    Crit 14.29%
    Mastery 18.65

TY ALOT ALOT ALOT
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2011-11-12 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Have some quick questions

If my demonsoul and moonwell is on CD and my meta is ready

1)Should i pop meta asap or wait till both my trinket and DS ready ?(also hardcast felguard before DS)

2)Should I wait till my necromatic focus stack up to 10 before pop my first meta?

Another question

between Shadowflame Hood(359) and Flickering Cowl of the Fireflash(378) with 242 crit and 242 haste what should i wear

My stat with Shadowflame Hood(with hit cap)
    SP 9313
    Haste 7.15%
    Crit 13.49%
    Mastery 19.70

Flickering Cowl of the Fireflash
    SP 9430
    ็Haste 8.16%
    Crit 14.29%
    Mastery 18.65

TY ALOT ALOT ALOT
    1) Wait until they are up to Meta
    2) No, i would not wait for first meta personally

Flickering Cowl of the Fireflash Imo
    Cyner#1996

Hello now I'm trying affliction

As I heard Affliction pull highest dps now(on raid bosses)
    But yesterday I went to fireland and normally my demo did like 24-28k on bosses like baleroc, shannox and domo.
    My aff only did about 18-22k on these bosses, even lower than my destro.

So I wonder why it's so low with this ilvl(373) and really need help to figure out why my dps is so low
    I'm quite sure I'm not doing wrong with me rotation and reforging.

My rotation is SB>Haunt>CoE>UA>BoD>Corr>SB
    I know necromantic focus is shit for Aff, but i expect more dps than this.

I cant post the link to my armory cuz I'm new here so search khorynz in armory(US)

TY ALOT ALOT ALOT

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Hello now I'm trying affliction

As I heard Affliction pull highest dps now(on raid bosses)
    But yesterday I went to fireland and normally my demo did like 24-28k on bosses like baleroc, shannox and domo.
    My aff only did about 18-22k on these bosses, even lower than my destro.

So I wonder why it's so low with this ilvl(373) and really need help to figure out why my dps is so low
    I'm quite sure I'm not doing wrong with me rotation and reforging.

My rotation is SB>Haunt>CoE>UA>BoD>Corr>SB
    I know necromantic focus is shit for Aff, but i expect more dps than this.

I cant post the link to my armory cuz I'm new here so search khorynz in armory(US)

TY ALOT ALOT ALOT
    The biggest issue i see is your haste is extremely low for playing affliction . Most of the time you will actually be able to pull bigger numbers as demo just because of the short duration of the fights (ie. Shannox) and demo's ability to burst very high +DG.
    Cyner#1996

Deleted
    Ok friends - I am really getting the stick atm.

We are working on hc rag , this is me

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iokan/advanced

I did just swap to affli lastnight. I assume my haste is kinda low, but to stay around hitcap I have to go with that kind of reforges.
    I am some what "worst" geared, but whatever.

I have been pushing 22,5-25k dps until the start of P3 where we normaly just wipes, as demo. I have by then been holding back CD;s and so on, while others just have been gone all out. And now I was asked to be on traps , so the arcane mage that have been lower then me "could go all out nuke", also i was asked not to stand close = Unable to use Shadowflame or the Immo Aura, a moonkin got focus magic AND my dark intent...and then Iam now compared to them by my RL, that claims "I dont trust you, you should do more".

I normaly open with a SB, puts up a Curse of Elements, Poping MCW and DS + Meta, then puts up Immo, Throws a HoG, Corruption, BoD and go the SB spam way, with incinerate on MC Proccs. Throwing HoG whenever its of CD, refreshes corruption just when its out and depending on the situation i refresh BoD just after the ~15 sec TIC or i refresh it after its fully out.

Am I playing it right? I normaly have one of the highest active time according to the logs, I barely mess smt up but I still feel I am low when people talks and flashes recount - even tho, according to WoL from kills I am not that far behind... And I somewhere got into a argue about it that I am now on traps and not allowed to stad close, and all respnose is "That wouldnt affect you that much"...

So now, I have swaped to Affliction instead. Did some reforges and does it look ok?

Stay demo for rag hc if its 10man u probably gona need the burst for 1meteor

What would be a good haste number to aim for as Aff? I think I can reforge into about 1800-2000 haste. Also, which fights in particular would be Aff best in FL? I have only run as Demo and find that I don't do so great on some bosses, but do on others, and wondering if I should swap to Aff for the bosses I find Demo to not go so well on.

Thank you, Riv <3

Deleted
    hello guys,
    My main is a demo lock, his name is DUNEDAINS server eu, runetotem, lega di spartaco.
    My raiding team is 6/7 hc on this contest.

According to simulation craft my dps in the begginning of the fight should hit 60k dps... my best attempt with pre-pot doomguard all the buff is 45k. I know that is merely impossible push the dps to 60k, but can i improve in some way my dps? am i wronging something?

this are logs from majo hc (sorry i can't post links yet)
    /reports/oalvibnoet02jce4/analyze/dd/source/?s=14231&e=14746

U can find more logs here
    .worldoflogs.com/guilds/138660/

this my armory
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Dunedains/simple

Any suggestion is wellcome!
    Thx a lot!
    dune

Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    hello guys,
    My main is a demo lock, his name is DUNEDAINS server eu, runetotem, lega di spartaco.
    My raiding team is 6/7 hc on this contest.

According to simulation craft my dps in the begginning of the fight should hit 60k dps... my best attempt with pre-pot doomguard all the buff is 45k. I know that is merely impossible push the dps to 60k, but can i improve in some way my dps? am i wronging something?

this are logs from majo hc (sorry i can't post links yet)
    /reports/oalvibnoet02jce4/analyze/dd/source/?s=14231&e=14746

U can find more logs here
    .worldoflogs.com/guilds/138660/

this my armory
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Dunedains/simple

Any suggestion is wellcome!
    Thx a lot!
    dune
    Logs will not show your method of starting a fight (which is the most important for Demo). As well all know, after that initial burst in the beginning of the fight with all our CD's up, Doomgaurd, and Hero rolling, its a downhill battle from there. I have hit 50k+ in that initial start (not counting Domo HC which I hit 90k at one point).

This is how I do it:
    pre-pot
    *in combat*
    Shadow Bolt
    Hand of Guldan
    *pop MWC trinket*
    Demon Form
    Demon Soul
    Bane of Doom
    *during the ICD I hit Felgaurd's Felstorm*
    Immolate
    Corruption
    If able to get in melee range
    Demon Leap
    Immolation
    Shadowflame
    (If not able to get in melee range I fit one or two Shadow Bolts while waiting for Felguard's Felstorm to end)
    *insta cast Felhound*
    Doomgaurd

Casting Doomgaurd AFTER the demon switch is important as the Doomgaurd likes to lollygag for some reason every time you do a demon switch. This also gives you the best chance of all you procs lining up come time to summon the Doomgaurd (MWC, Volcanic Potion, Power Torrent, Lightweave, DMC: Volcano).

Looking at the following log for H Baleroc: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...=12420&e=12758
    Your first GLARING mistake is you are using Felgaurd as your primary pet........Felgaurd should only be used for Demon Soul, the Felhound does WAY more damage and should be your primary pet. Here is a comparison between you and I for the same fight.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4ecbc...d0006aa#damage

As you can see, your Felgaurd did a total of 1,663,036 damage compared to my Felhound's 2,373,021 (on top of my Felgaurd's 151,401 damage from the start). Also you will see that I get in melee range for Baleroc as his hitbox is huge! Allowing me to use Demon Leap, Immolation, and Shadowflame, which gave me and additional 781,289 damage you did not have. Your corruption uptime could be a bit better and you only used one volcanic potion, even though you should prepot and use another later in the fight. Honestly the only issue I would worry about is using that Felhound, it is obvious you have the grasp of your class down quite well.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Amontoya86; 2011-11-22 at 04:11 PM.