Deleted
    I raid every week without Mastery or Spell Haste (a 12k dps loss on sims, not exactly happy but it's out of my hands). it was my understanding that buffs like 5% haste provided a flat % rather than haste rating, so it didn't affect breakpoints, but apparently I've just been wrong this whole time. is there a table of haste breakpoints somewhere that shows with and without 5% spell haste? since I'm balancing Mastery and Haste as Affliction anyway I figured I might as well try to hit the breakpoints.

also: is there an estimated value in the T14 4-set bonus? I replaced a 489 head with 487 (1/2 upgraded) LFR tier head, finalising my set bonus, but I've only seen a 1.5k DPS increase from SimCraft which I'm assuming must be false.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I raid every week without Mastery or Spell Haste (a 12k dps loss on sims, not exactly happy but it's out of my hands). it was my understanding that buffs like 5% haste provided a flat % rather than haste rating, so it didn't affect breakpoints, but apparently I've just been wrong this whole time. is there a table of haste breakpoints somewhere that shows with and without 5% spell haste? since I'm balancing Mastery and Haste as Affliction anyway I figured I might as well try to hit the breakpoints.

also: is there an estimated value in the T14 4-set bonus? I replaced a 489 head with 487 (1/2 upgraded) LFR tier head, finalising my set bonus, but I've only seen a 1.5k DPS increase from SimCraft which I'm assuming must be false.
    Yes there are tables that show with and without, send me a PM and I can send you a link. Last time I saw the link posted in a public forum the post was deleted.

Just started playing destro because I wanted to have a use for green fire. I'm ranking on a lot of fights, but it probably isn't too difficult to do that. I raid in a 25 man with 2 other locks, one of which is around my gearlevel and plays destro. I usually blow her out of the water. Then, there's an undergeared alt who plays afflic and is right next to me. I should be destroying him theoretically. Anything more I could do to bump up my destro DPS?

(can't post the logs because I just made the account... have logs for first 4 of HoF and all but sha in ToES... have logs for first 4 and all 4 from previous week.)

My character is Drikkink on Zul'jin (US) if you need his armory.

For that matter, why am I doing so much better as destro than afflic? Recent tests (nothing to back them up) have me doing a full 5k (unbuffed, reforged correctly for each spec) better on a dummy in destro than afflic... and all my logs are gone. I'll try logging an LFR or something as afflic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Just started playing destro because I wanted to have a use for green fire. I'm ranking on a lot of fights, but it probably isn't too difficult to do that. I raid in a 25 man with 2 other locks, one of which is around my gearlevel and plays destro. I usually blow her out of the water. Then, there's an undergeared alt who plays afflic and is right next to me. I should be destroying him theoretically. Anything more I could do to bump up my destro DPS?

(can't post the logs because I just made the account... have logs for first 4 of HoF and all but sha in ToES... have logs for first 4 and all 4 from previous week.)

My character is Drikkink on Zul'jin (US) if you need his armory.

For that matter, why am I doing so much better as destro than afflic? Recent tests (nothing to back them up) have me doing a full 5k (unbuffed, reforged correctly for each spec) better on a dummy in destro than afflic... and all my logs are gone. I'll try logging an LFR or something as afflic.
    assuming you're equally skilled at both specs your dummy DPS is probably to do with buff scaling; I raid without Mastery or 5% spell haste and because of that Destro sims within 1.5k of Affliction for me. if I sim full raidbuffs Affliction pulls ahead by nearly 7k - those extra raid buffs are just that much better for Affliction. if you spec Affliction in your raid with a full compliment of buffs you should destroy that undergeared alt (again, assuming equal skill). having said that, Destro is good enough to beat the enrage timers and strong on cleave if used correctly so you should really just play what you want.

Deleted
    Hey Just a question about a fresh dinged warlock at 90, im wodnering I use a dot tracker like normal its ays my dots are at 100 but sometimes it go's up nad i don't relay haev a idea what it means at all,with empowering and how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    Hey Just a question about a fresh dinged warlock at 90, im wodnering I use a dot tracker like normal its ays my dots are at 100 but sometimes it go's up nad i don't relay haev a idea what it means at all,with empowering and how I do it.
    Okay. Affdots will track your current stats to determine when it is good to recast a dot. If it is under half the duration and the number is >100, that is optimal. The number represents the percentage of damage the new dot will do in relation to the current dot.

So say you have a dot doing 1000 damage per tick. If the number on affdots says 150, you will be doing 50% more than you currently are doing. NEVER cast while red. Obviously, you want to cast while the number is over 100 but NEVER cast if pandemic (the ability that increases dot duration instead of overwriting) will be wasted. It caps at 1.5x the original duration, so you have to wait until the duration is under half of its original. You also NEVER want a dot to truly fall off. It should be reapplied regardless of the number.

Deleted
    @Drik thanks for the help jsut have a other question sometimes I see the dot power going lower then 100 should it means I have to recast my dot or ? keep it on there?

Never let a dot fall off. Wait until the last possible second if it is below 100. Less damage is still more than no damage.

worldoflogs /reports/rt-dl3tyniqsodr2w20/sum/damageDone/?s=811&e=1145#Tarasenko

net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Tarasenko/simple

A good parse, i let agony fall off one time bc of a little hecticness. The unending person didnt stack so had to drop stop and run to him/her.

Im always looking to improve. Please be very critical if you take time to look at it. It would be very appreciated as i always am with your great information (warlock community).

Also i seem to burst much higher when i use sb:ss instead of fel flame on the pull.

Fyi i use needtoknow for everything dps related. Tracks dot buffs cds. I do not track internal cds. Do u think i should witch to aff dots. I like to see my buffs that are up and how much time is left on them and affdots doesnt do this.
    Last edited by Tara senko; 2013-02-08 at 02:55 PM.

I have a quick question about reforging.

I'm currently sitting at item level 477, but due to upgrading with gear that has a lot of crit on it, I am unable to get hitcap and also get anywhere close to the 4717 haste breakpoint (I think the best I can get is about 2280 haste so I can't even get to the 4198 break)

Given that I'm not making any haste breakpoint, does it make sense for me to purely reforge into mastery until I get more optimal gear? I guess what I'm really looking for is whether SimCraft weighs haste based on breakpoints, or if the haste value it's showing me is what haste is actually worth.

Edit Armory link: net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Necropotence/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    I have a quick question about reforging.

I'm currently sitting at item level 477, but due to upgrading with gear that has a lot of crit on it, I am unable to get hitcap and also get anywhere close to the 4717 haste breakpoint (I think the best I can get is about 2280 haste so I can't even get to the 4198 break)

Given that I'm not making any haste breakpoint, does it make sense for me to purely reforge into mastery until I get more optimal gear? I guess what I'm really looking for is whether SimCraft weighs haste based on breakpoints, or if the haste value it's showing me is what haste is actually worth.

Edit Armory link: net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Necropotence/simple
    Simulationcraft does do stat scaling with haste breakpoints considered, but this doesn't really help answer your question. It's useful to know how that stat scaling is calculated. You can find the details at the following link:

code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/StatsScaling

The basic idea is that (for most stats) a simulation is done on your current gear, then a sim of your character with 300 more of each stat. Take (newDps-oldDps)/300 to appoximate the dps gain for each point of that stat. E.g. if you get a mastery scale value of 2.4, then one point of mastery will increase your dps by about 2.4. If it happens that if you cross a haste breakpoint within +300 points, the weight for haste may be higher than you would normally expect. The scaling basically uses two points to approximate a line to estimate how much dps you will gain from a particular stat.

Some stats are not really linear. Crit for demo warlocks, for example, is a non-linear stat because of the way Doom Crits proc. Due to breakpoints, haste is also non-linear for all dot classes.

While it may take much longer to do the simulation, you can do a plot of stats to show you a curve rather than just calculate the slope of a line to see how the various stats benefit your dps. Generally if you are far from haste breakpoints, it won't matter. But sometimes weird things can happen. Minor breakpoints from things like bloodlust/heroism and trinket procs can lead to mini haste breakpoints. But this is more advanced min-maxing.

Hope this information helps you.

That's exactly what I was looking for - thank you very much gildelicil.

Hey guys, Welll lately ive been thinking my DPS is a little low, so i thought id post here and just see what im doing wrong. Im a Demonology warlock with 485 ilvl. I like to think i know my class/spec rather well, but Simcraft is telling me different. When i sim my char (doing everything listed in the Tutorial video on this forum), It tells me that i SHOULD be doing around 88k dps on a patchwerk fight.

However I ALWAYS without fail on every raid fight manage 60-70k. NEVER higher. I recently upgraded my weapon from a 463 blue staff...no increase in my dps whatsoever ==__== So im really annoyed and coming here because im just out of ideas now. I know its not ideal but i do have a screenshot on a Raid dummy with NO buffs (not even Dark Intent). BTW Please copy-paste the links, since Mmochamp doesnt like me >.>

oi49.tinypic.com/28sjm.jpg

My armory is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Felfire/advanced

I'm hoping someone here can help me as im getting rather frustrated. I dont know what i can do that will help, im doing everything right, thats the confusing part. Im popping in and out of Meta correctly, Im refreshing my dots correctly, Im popping cooldowns correctly, im demoning correctly x.x Yes im topping the meters in my guild but...With my gear...with my class/spec..I should do MORE >.< Even Simcraft says so!
    Last edited by Felfire1; 2013-02-11 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    worldoflogs /reports/rt-dl3tyniqsodr2w20/sum/damageDone/?s=811&e=1145#Tarasenko

net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Tarasenko/simple

A good parse, i let agony fall off one time bc of a little hecticness. The unending person didnt stack so had to drop stop and run to him/her.

Im always looking to improve. Please be very critical if you take time to look at it. It would be very appreciated as i always am with your great information (warlock community).

Also i seem to burst much higher when i use sb:ss instead of fel flame on the pull.

Fyi i use needtoknow for everything dps related. Tracks dot buffs cds. I do not track internal cds. Do u think i should witch to aff dots. I like to see my buffs that are up and how much time is left on them and affdots doesnt do this.
    I also use NTK to track buff and dot times, but have configured Affdots to use no bars but only show the relative power of my dots right next to their respective NTK bars. This way i get all the information about buffs and dots in one block of bars and numbers. Tracking ICDs just enables you to do more micromanagement of dots and resources, though personally i find myself lacking the braintime to do that on progress nights. ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Hey guys, Welll lately ive been thinking my DPS is a little low, so i thought id post here and just see what im doing wrong. Im a Demonology warlock with 485 ilvl. I like to think i know my class/spec rather well, but Simcraft is telling me different. When i sim my char (doing everything listed in the Tutorial video on this forum), It tells me that i SHOULD be doing around 88k dps on a patchwerk fight.

However I ALWAYS without fail on every raid fight manage 60-70k. NEVER higher. I recently upgraded my weapon from a 463 blue staff...no increase in my dps whatsoever ==__== So im really annoyed and coming here because im just out of ideas now. I know its not ideal but i do have a screenshot on a Raid dummy with NO buffs (not even Dark Intent). BTW Please copy-paste the links, since Mmochamp doesnt like me >.>

oi49.tinypic.com/28sjm.jpg

My armory is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Felfire/advanced

I'm hoping someone here can help me as im getting rather frustrated. I dont know what i can do that will help, im doing everything right, thats the confusing part. Im popping in and out of Meta correctly, Im refreshing my dots correctly, Im popping cooldowns correctly, im demoning correctly x.x Yes im topping the meters in my guild but...With my gear...with my class/spec..I should do MORE >.< Even Simcraft says so!
    One thing to look at is what percentage of your damage comes from each type of spell in simcraft compared with your actual damage for each spell. I did a quick simulation based on your armory profile and doom should be 11% of your overall damage (including minion) and your second largest source of damage. One of the requirements of playing demonology well is making sure that your Doom ticks hit really hard. They only hit once every 15 seconds, so you only want to cast Doom when you are under the effects of procs. To a lesser extent, the same is true for corruption. If you can help it, you don't want to be in meta form without some procs up (except to burn off some excess fury). Some classes are more forgiving about managing your buffs, but warlocks don't have that luxury.

It's also really hard to see what's going on based on some recount meters from (presumably) practicing at the target dummies. Something that could make it much easier for people on this forum to help you is if you run a raid (could be LFR) using World of Logs and then link the logs on the forum. World of Logs is simple to set up (there are several YouTube videos out there to show you how) and it has tons of information to assess exactly what was happening during the fight.

Until then, I would suggest setting up some system (Affdots, Power Auras, Weak Auras, Tell Me When, ...) to track your procs and see if that helps.

Unhappy Desperate Affliction Warlock - Need help please

Hello Guys,

Recently I've been accepted in a guild and ran some raids with them. It seems that there are 2 more affliction locks along, but according to the DPS database they uberly crush me. I don't understand what is wrong that my dps is so bad compared to theirs(nerd rage). I follow the rotation such as:
    DS->SB:SS->Haunt->SB+Agony after all procs->Doomguard and then just keep up dots and use haunt and DS whenever available.
    Could you please be kind and advise if I should do reforge and which stat should I be focused to? I'm really desperate at this point and don't know which stats should I be following anymore or addons and so on. I admit that I am a new warlock and don't know quite good so can be called easily a failer/noob etc, but i really want to improve and not feel like I am carried by my guild.
    Any piece of advise is very helpful.
    Many many many thanks guys.

Please see below the 3 characters armory link and the logs. My character is Dintisor
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...yze/dd/source/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...intisor/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B6rka/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hereens/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k4sh1m View Post
    Hello Guys,

Recently I've been accepted in a guild and ran some raids with them. It seems that there are 2 more affliction locks along, but according to the DPS database they uberly crush me. I don't understand what is wrong that my dps is so bad compared to theirs(nerd rage). I follow the rotation such as:
    DS->SB:SS->Haunt->SB+Agony after all procs->Doomguard and then just keep up dots and use haunt and DS whenever available.
    Could you please be kind and advise if I should do reforge and which stat should I be focused to? I'm really desperate at this point and don't know which stats should I be following anymore or addons and so on. I admit that I am a new warlock and don't know quite good so can be called easily a failer/noob etc, but i really want to improve and not feel like I am carried by my guild.

Please see below the 3 characters armory link and the logs. My character is Dintisor
    Merged your thread into the existing "Help my DPS" thread, since that's where it belongs. You should get the help you need here.

As a first off I can help you with your opener. I think in this part:

DS->SB:SS->Haunt->SB+Agony after all procs->Doomguard
    You actually mean to say:

DS->SB:SS->Haunt->FELFLAME+Agony after all procs->Doomguard

If so, then yes, almost but not quite. Better would be to leave off the Agony, cause it's still ramping up and not doing much damage. It'll run long enough for you to refresh again later on. The more optimal opener would be:

DS->SB:SS->Haunt->Felflame after all procs-> MG a few times -> Haunt -> MG + another SB:SS somewhere before your DS runs out.

Use Doomguard only when you need the extra damage in a certain phase, or you use it as close to the last minute of the fight as you can (preferably below 20%) cause that's when it will do most damage. Doomguard doesn't snapshot stats anymore and doesn't benefit from Bloodlust/Timewarp/Etc. so it's useless to pop at the start (unless that's the phase your team needs the extra damage of course)

You can find more info on openers in this recent thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...liction-opener

On the whole, if you have not allready done so, I'd definitely check out the Affliction guide on this forum: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pecific-Guides
    You will find much helpful advice in the guide itsself and the discussion in the thread itsself.

For further advice I leave you in the hands of the people in this thread.

Hello Guys,

You really should work on your Drain Soul uptime. On Feng you had sub 300k DS damage (Which is like what, 6 ticks?)

I saw that and indeed was a very very bad uptime.
    One question: should i be reforging for 6637 Haste - 4400 Hit - 6030 Mastery?

Hello Guys,

<Links removed>
    Your dot uptime seems good. On fights when you are going to heroism in the execute, you definitely want to wait to use your doomguard until then unless there is a good reason to burn at a different time. It looks to me like you've mastered the basics, so here's where I think you may be able to improve.

If you look in WoL under the "Buffs cast" tab, you can see dots and channeled abilities to see how they were used by clicking on the # symbols. If you look at Feskekorka's parse, malefic grasps are solid bars. Yours are stacatto dots. This indicates that you are probably seeing a dot that needs to be updated and hitting it frequently interrupting your channels. The same is true for drain soul. Get your dots situated so you can do a nice long channel. Be sure you are using a cast bar that shows ticks for channeled abilities. You want to stop your channel right after a tick, otherwise you're wasting a lot of time. But by casting and interrupting your channels so much, latency is going to certainly rob you of precious dps time and channeled ticks.

I'm not sure to what extent you are doing this, but it's good for warlocks to consider. The way dots work, they don't dynamically update based on your buff procs; they snapshot your stats when they are applied. You need to come up with a way of tracking things like your trinket procs and being careful to not override a powerfully buffed dot by a weak unbuffed one. This is especially true for the pull.

As for your rotation on the pull, I follow Sparkuggz method. You Haunt, SB:SS your dots on your target, then once everything has procced, SB:SS again and haunt again. This usually happens when haunt has about 3-4 sec. left, unless a warrior is slow on crit banner or a shaman is late on stormlash totem. You can use a felflame, but I don't think you gain very much from it. It's only a couple ticks difference, generally. Once you have super-powerful dots are on your target, don't redot until the strong dot falls off (except agony of course, but wait until the last moment). These dots are about twice the normal damage. One of the challenges to mastering affliction is knowing when to reapply your dots, and how to interweave them with your channeling spells.

You have a great opportunity, though, to compare yourself to what the other warlocks are doing. The same is true in my guild and the four affliction warlocks all compete for top marks. It allows us to learn from each other.

As for your question about haste, it's hard to say. It seems that the other warlocks you run with aren't reaching the 6400 or 6637 haste plateaus, but they have more haste than you. Haste can help with haunt uptime because corruption dots come more quickly. The best suggestion for that is to use SimulationCraft and see what it tells you. Just "enchant" one of your items with a bunch of positive haste and negative mastery and see what happens. CDShaidar did some good SimulationCraft videos, if you aren't sure how to do this. See the forum post, A Simple Guide to Using SimulationCraft if you need help.

.../threads/1215090-A-Simple-Guide-to-Using-SimulationCraft