Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    Damn demo is some complicated shiot. So the felhunter's dps is only increased while demon soul is up? And one thing I was wondering about, I stuck my FG on a dummy for about 10 minutes hitting felstorm on cd, then put my felhunter on a dummy---the felguard did more dps. I know it isn't a very large sample size, but is there really that big a difference between fh and fg?

The felhunters dps increases when u have dots on the target such as corruption shadowflame immolation aura immolate and ur bane of doom

When u add that haste it turnz into an explosion of pet dps

Hello there fellow Warlocks!

I'm a rather new warlock, which you might see from my armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tctor/advanced), but I'm more than willing to learn and change what ever I'm doing wrong.

I have recently gathered some WoL for this very purpose. So I hope this is the right way I have gathered it (which already it isn't, since I just took the gamelogs out manually, and then selected what to upload, didn't knew about the command).

Anyway, here is the link to the WoL.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...f30/dashboard/

I'm currently working on getting that Moonwell trinket, and I should have enough VP for the T12 legs by tomorrow (or atleast for next raid).
    I can't really afford the volcano trinket as we speak, since I'm playing on a low populated server and things are rather expensive.

My best regards,
    Dotctor

*Had forgot to say my chest isn't enchanted, but it will be, as soon my friend gets back online
    Last edited by Fanatic; 2011-08-31 at 10:11 PM. Reason: wups, enchants!

Deleted
    For the last person, I assume you're playing demonolgy mostly, first thing i would do if i was you is change your belt 20int 20 hit gem to a 40 int, and secondly you reforge your Offhand to get some more hit. Level up your Alchemy since you have herb, and eventully drop that for jc or taloring, if your serious about raiding as a warlock.

Another thing i noticed is your not switching pets during fights, i mean for beth your dps is quite low, and i noticed you used FelGuard all the way threw phase 2, Make a soulburn > felhunter and be ready to switch pets as soon as you get into phase 2.

Do this for any fight wich has a adds/single target burn phase

Thanks for the reply flex213. I'll try and put some effort into getting my proffs up.

Hey there everyone,

Relatively new warlock here (Switched mains about a month ago) and I'm looking to improve my gameplay / dps wherever I can. I've done a lot of research myself, and overall I don't think I'm doing terribly but sometimes I just feel as though I could do more.

I do raid lead, so often times I'm not only paying attention to myself, but everybody around me. I'm sure that affects me at times lol.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...strin/advanced

I'm going to post directly to our most recent Baleroc kill but feel free to give any tips for other areas if you have any (ignore the H Shannox kill though >.> I didn't get rageface pulled off of me fast enough and my group proceeded to 9 man the boss lmao)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4k1e0...?s=4610&e=4886

Appreciate any help!

Deleted
    i'm really unsatisfied with myself. these days in BF10 I did about 20k dps on occu'thar, and in my fl raid I suck on dps ....
    this is the log of the last raid evening (Rhyolith Hero tries, Rhyolith normal kill, Alyszrazor tries+kill): world of logs log is this one: l87xgvua5yls2n7y
    armory link to myself (but I was wearing Book of Binding Will & Masterwork Elementium Spellblade while in the raid, and I didn't have reforged my shoulders): -.- it's Lazyflesh on EU-Proudmoore
    could really need some help .... and .... not being able to post links kinda suxx

Deleted
    few more information would be nice, what is your main spec, affli or demo? you have to make a decision there because it is kinda hard to reforge for both, also i think you should read the guide on this side, either the affli guide or the demo, especially the section about gemming when it is not worth it to got for the socket bonus, and you have too much hit
    btw i have no idea how take a look at your log with that code? you posted..

Deleted
    demo is my main specc, and the "code" ... it should have been a link, but i must not post links yet ... should be worldoflogs /reports/l87xgvua5yls2n7y/
    and i'm really sure that the problem is not my equip, but my behaviour ... it's just not easy for me to identify my mistakes, because i don't have enough cata raid experience in my opinion ...

Deleted
    looks like no one is going to answer you and since i had time to take a look at your log, I'll do my best to give you some pointers..
    there are a few things you should know when posting in this thread..
    1. most ppl here don't speak german, with an armory link to the english wow page and a combat log that is in english, it is much more likely for you to get an answer, this is the link you should use for your armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/
    to record a combatlog in english just change your game language to english (you might have to change a few addons) and record a log

2. you recorded the alyz and rhyo fight, those logs are kinda hard to analyze, it would be better to record a shannox or balaroc fight, the closer the fight is to a patchwork style the better..

your dot uptime is too low, you should always aim for 99%, 70% or lower just isn't enough,
    put your DI (finstere absichten) buff on the right person, there is a guide in this forum

read the first post of this guide http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...AQ-and-Answers
    it will answer all your questions about the demp specc

and a again, read the guide about gemming, you would be surprised how much a difference it would make
    Last edited by mmocd591725053; 2011-09-14 at 10:34 AM.

We finally have an elemental shaman in our Raid, which means I can go affliction often and put my affliction set to use.

I would like some advice in what I could improve on, I am linking a parse for the Shannox kill last night since I went affliction on it. Just a normal kill as my guild, for multiple reasons, has not managed to get Ragnaros past phase 2. Once we do we will be moving into heroics.

Shannox 10N

Any suggestions as how I can improve my affliction play I would appreciate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey there.

I'm here because frankly I feel my DPS is lacking for my gear and I don't know where I should be fixing it.

Here's last night's raid log for my guild's Firelands clear:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

Here's my Armory page:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zilek/advanced

A few things:

-This isn't the best log to go off of because I was getting higher than normal latency last night and had a few derpy moments because of it, but generally I felt other than those derpy moments I was doing what I felt I could do and didn't get the DPS out of it I should have.

-It'd been a while since I'd done heroic Shannox and forgot that you only kill Shannox on heroic, so don't laugh too hard there :P

So here's the thing. I'm comparing myself to the other two Warlocks I raid with, and there is a rather large gear difference between myself and Kibr, and not so much between myself and Moragotha.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gotha/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kibr/advanced

I don't expect to remain competitive with Kibr because he just completed the legendary staff and has ten item levels on me. But I feel I should at least be able to throttle Moragotha. Apparently neither of them study the raid logs so they couldn't give me any suggestions on things I could be doing better, in general, so I'm posting here :/ Ultimately what I'm looking for is how far I am from the DPS I should be doing at my gear level and what I can do to get it up there.

Deleted

asd

worldoflogs.com/reports/x3ftiswg76kzfa31/sum/damageDone/?s=1266&e=1555 (My char is named Mnmlsm)

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Mnmlsm/simple (This is my Armory)

I know my gear can not be compared to my guildies , but i am wondering if its only the gear and if there is something that i can improve like Gems,Enchants,Reforges,Talents or whatever you think for.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Heh, someone from my server, even from the best guild on the server. Dang Rebirth is just soo good :P I imagine your guildies outgearing you tho =\

On your cloak and gloves you reforged Hit to Crit..... Change the cloak reforge to Hit => Mastery. The gloves should not be reforged at all. On your leggings you should reforge Crit => Haste instead of Mastery=> Haste. You should be close enough the the hit cap (16 hit too short) with that.

(Just to be sure: Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Ignore the gem bonus on chest, gem two +40 Int gems.

Enchants seem fine, except the shoulder one. (Get that Therazane rep :P)

During the Shannox fight you used Soul Swap once but you used Bane of Agony the whole fight. Bane of Doom gives better DPS than Bane of Agony. Also Corruption uptime should be pretty much 100% due to constant refreshing. Also try to keep up Shadow Embrace more. You also could have done better during the execution phase. You only need to refresh Haunt and Bane of Agony in the last phase and spam Drain Soul. In this case you only got 8 ticks off. With three stacks of Shadow Embrace and three dots you should get 40k+ (80k+ crits) per tick.

I hope this helps

Deleted
    Thanks I will go for those changes after i finish work today.

Hi there, what should I look for to improve my dps, I've never used WoL before so I'm really lost. Here's my armory and recent logs from Baleroc and Majordomo, I recently changed guild and my new raid leader tells me to do more DPS since we're getting to enrage timers, any tips would be nice. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryal View Post
    Hi there, what should I look for to improve my dps, I've never used WoL before so I'm really lost. Here's my armory and recent logs from Baleroc and Majordomo, I recently changed guild and my new raid leader tells me to do more DPS since we're getting to enrage timers, any tips would be nice. Thanks
    Hmm, which spec would you like tips on? You have Demo gear, but your active spec is Affli and logs are Affli as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Hmm, which spec would you like tips on? You have Demo gear, but your active spec is Affli and logs are Affli as well.
    Yeah I've recently changed gear for H Rag and I think that's a PvP affli spec :P, but main is affliction, sorry for the confusion :P

Deleted
    Allright :P

For Affliction your stat prio is Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery. So you should reforge any Mastery away to the best stat you can reforge to. Reforge Crit to Hit or Haste if there is no Mastery on the piece or leave it if you're hit capped and the piece has Haste on it. Never reforge Haste off of something.

I would also go for this spec : [LINK]

Also, after checking your logs, there isn't much wrong with your rotation and DPS. Just try to time your Doomguard so it benefits from Bloodlust. And keep up Haunt 100% of the time. You had 97% uptime :P Don't let it fall off, cast it everytime it comes off cooldown (you have about 5 seconds to do so before it falls off)
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2011-09-19 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Allright :P

For Affliction your stat prio is Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste > Mastery > Crit. So you should reforge any crit away to the best stat you can reforge to. Reforge Mastery to hit or haste if there is no crit on the piece or leave it if you're hit capped and the piece has haste on it. Never reforge Haste off of something.

I would also go for this spec : [LINK]

Also, after checking your logs, there isn't much wrong with your rotation and DPS. Just try to time your Doomguard so it benefits from Bloodlust. And keep up Haunt 100% of the time. You had 97% uptime :P Don't let it fall off, cast it everytime it comes off cooldown (you have about 5 seconds to do so before it falls off)
    Fairly sure the affliction stat prio is Int >> Hit(to cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Also doomguard doesn't benefit from bloodlust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perath View Post
    Fairly sure the affliction stat prio is Int >> Hit(to cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Also doomguard doesn't benefit from bloodlust.
    Ah yes, sorry bout that. Crit > Mastery for Affli.

And didn't know about the Doomguard not benefitting from Hero, thought it worked like Boomkin treants.