Page 1 of 2
LastLast

State of Retribution

Posting for a friend with login troubles

---------------------------------------------

I feel ret pvp is really lacking something. Forget about the 2v2 bracket which means nothing now (which is ashame as it used to be fun) and lets look at what we have for 3v3.

We have a lot of utility with dispels freedom and bop granted. But we are such easy targets rmp (just and example) takes advantage of cds and blows us up asap to get a quick bubble then its over.

I think our damage is fine and where it needs to be, i just think we need something added to ret so we can avoid having to spec protribution (which i am playing now for fun-_-).

Maybe i am looking at this wrong and we don't need anything and its other classes with to many abilities.

What are the communities thoughts? Is it fair that hammer and repentance have 1 minute Cool downs or our only defensive ability bubble is basically used against us.

I can personally never see myself playing as holy as i enjoy the play style of ret. I just feel cornered in to prot dps and playing a boring setup rather than our dps spec being the viable dps choice.

Now i could go in to play styles etc but relying on a rogues kidney shot to get away is our main defense while playing RRP which is all fine, except your playing with a squishy dps than can also get blown up and so on.

Now i know there a more setups than RRP and i know most people say ret pala is of low skill cap which i wont agree of disagree with. But when your pushing your class to the limits there is clearly something broken.

/end of rant

Re: State of Retribution

thanks tinker <3 i could not post for some reason

im going to 100% agree with you i have been playing ret since s1, and honestly right now, i feel like once my bubble is used i get blown up, but, i mean its that way for a lot of classes look at rogues for example, they have a zillion cds, but once they are used they get blown up, warriors same thing with shield wall, dks are the same way as well.
    I think personally ret needs some sort of short cd interrupt like every other melee in the game, because our dmg is in a good place atm and if we had a short cd interrupt I cant see how it would be op, i mean the one thing we got in wrath is blessing of salv glyph which is very nice, but i think if we got that short cd interrupt ret would not be in a bad place at all, and maybe some kind of distance closer or slow, that would be nice, but god knows rets have been asking for both of those since forever, and we have never got either of them. The one thing you will notice about rogues and warriors, is they may not have bubble, but they have alot more defensive cds, i dont think bubble and hand of salv, i guess battlemasters if you use it in arena, is enough. Also I switch to sword and board and seal of light if im getting nuked, but i think one more defensive cd would be a nice addition to ret, and wouldn't cause any problems, and maybe that short cd interrupt and i think ret would be in a better place when playing in high rated arenas, especially against rmp.

IMO it tells you everything, when its been ages since any ret pally was actually successful at multiple arena tournaments.

All we need to make us a bit more 'complete' is..

1) an interupt
    2) a gap closer
    3) Additional debuff effect of sorts from CS
    4) SoC needs to stop been Seal of Fail in pvp

good reply ty.

i don't take salvation glyph now because i lose that dmg that is sorely needed. but ye its a more of a holy glyph anyway imo. we need the 3 dps glyphs pretty much which is ashame as instant ud fear salvation and judgement glyph used to be a nice mix.

As for interupt etc id love a move that would smash the opponent like warstomp or something one can dream!

Most Paladins would agree on 2 things, our class needs an offensive interrupt, and our play style is lackluster. If Blizz fixes these things, you'd have a lot of happy people. He'll, even if they turned repentance into a hex, I'd be happy. Breaking on any damage is shit.

And IMHO salv glyph > instant fear undead.

just a quick question: how many of you would be willing to give up some of your dps in exchane for more engaging mechanics?

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstan
    All we need to make us a bit more 'complete' is..

1) an interupt
    2) a gap closer
    3) Additional debuff effect of sorts from CS
    1) Need to trade damage to get it really, not a 1v1 game and lots of other classes have these tools.
    2) Nah. Plenty of tools to close the gap, we don't need a teleport because there are too many classes with these abilities already.
    3) Why? Seriously because they thought of doing it but didn't now we "Need" this?
    4) SoC was just changed and now has a lot more use in PvP. Maybe you don't like Autocleave but some of us think it's pretty amazing.

We have lots of defensive abilities for group play but more then most classes for solo. The paladin has so many in fact that he can be overpowered at duels, underpowered and overpowered in arena and underpowered in battlegrounds. Thats just the nature of the game and I feel you guys are playing down the usefulness of paladins. Most of our defensive abilities can also be GIVEN to other players (Bop, Freedom, LoH, SS, Art of War procs).

If you want to trade all these kinds of abilities for a charge and a mortal strike, you are playing the wrong class because you just can't have everything and paladins have so much already. You give us a kick and no healer will be able to live against a good Ret. You give us a gap another closer and no DPS will have a chance to escape. You give us more utility and you stack additionally utility on a class with so much already and even after all the nerfs a large amount of burst.

3v3 Retribution and Holy Paladins are great additions. Holy works for well on Hunter/Shaman teams and Ret works great for cleave teams with the addition of SoC. In Battlegrounds, Paladins are some of the best defenders for points, most efficient healers and damage dealers and have the tools and abilities that separate good paladins from bad paladins quickly. Besides some major twinking, the paladin class as a hole is at one of it's peeks in terms of balance. If your looking for an overhaul of the class abilities, maybe in Cata but I wouldn't expect anything big till then.

RMP is a cake for RRP. Just one shot the priest and it's autowin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood
    just a quick question: how many of you would be willing to give up some of your dps in exchane for more engaging mechanics?
    we've been nerfed every patch since the release of WoLK, but most recently the nerfs
    since 3.2 (including the massive nerf to vindication, which was the back breaker) all were to balance our damage and give us the utility we need. We have the nerfs, but still no utility.

To my point, where does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    we've been nerfed every patch since the release of WoLK, but most recently the nerfs
    since 3.2 (including the massive nerf to vindication, which was the back breaker) all were to balance our damage and give us the utility we need. We have the nerfs, but still no utility.

To my point, where does it end?
    THIS!

We got all the nerfs that was "needed", like:
    - do no dmg when you bubble
    - everything trigers GCD
    - Divine plea dispelable
    - vindication became useless talent
    - warriors can dispel our bubble now also
    - our only real CC/interrupt (HoJ) moved to a LONG CD again
    - nerfed our dmg by removing seal of martyr/blood
    and others .

But still NOTHING of utility has been added.

Make our seals and hand spells nondispellable and we'd be fine.

Make our Seal of Vengeance/Corruption stack with any atack and we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Make our seals and hand spells nondispellable and we'd be fine.
    The thing is that you're already fine. :-\

rets have high damage and are fairly sustainable, if you want an interrupt or a non damage breaking incapacitate roll with classes that have them. If you cant stand pallys not having an interrupt or a gap closer reroll dk

i would be willing to give up my bubble for a gap closer or a mortal strike... maybe i would arena again
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    Make our Seal of Vengeance/Corruption stack with any atack and we will be fine.
    nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononoNO

didn't work out on the PTR would cause SoV/SoC to get nerfed for PvP reasons so-> no.

And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Thats why we found so many rogues and Dks playing.

And doing that does not fix the problem, pallys will still need this interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstan
    Wut, seriously?!? Seal of Cleave is simply amazing now. When I can kill 3 Horde at once in 2 GCDs I get a little happy inside and await the nerf to SoC. I shit you not, I have killed 3 Horde multiple times with a Crusader Strike/Divine Storm combo many of times now since the change to SoC.