Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Am I missing something? Lich King in 5man?

Halls of Reflection
    With Jaina and Sylvanas leading the way, adventurers who make it as far as these frigid halls will quickly recognize the weapon that lies ahead: Frostmourne, the corruptive, legendary device of the Lich King himself. The Lich King's private chambers are within reach, although they may be the death of anyone who ventures there.

Bosses
    Falric and Marwyn: Captains for Arthas Menethil in life, Scourge commanders for the Lich King in death, Falric and Marwyn will be summoned to the Halls of Reflection for one purpose: destroying all intruders.

The Lich King: Sylvanas, thirsty for vengeance against the corrupted prince who sentenced her to an existence as an undead monstrosity, and Jaina, eager to find a flicker of Arthas's soul locked somewhere within the Lich King, have brought their hand-picked allies to this final confrontation. Arthas's true power may only now be discovered. Is there any hope in this mission, or does only death await?

However, theyre describing 5man dungeons here.. So does that mean we will actually fight the LK in a 5man version as well :S That sucks..

Re: Am I missing something? Lich King in 5man?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldun

However, theyre describing 5man dungeons here.. So does that mean we will actually fight the LK in a 5man version as well :S That sucks..
    Why does it suck? I think it's a great idea. It'll probably add more to the lore and the reason why we really want to defeat him in the actual raid.

Yes, you are missing something :P

There are a couple of threads around about this. They have not said what happens. We are all basically of the decision that we will fight, but not kill Arthas. Some event will happen that stops the battle from continuing and he will not be defeated until the raid.

Gives those who don't raid the ability to fight The Lich King as well, without trying to really open up the raid to every single person out there.

most likely a weak version like a image or something
    hahaha. no.

15+ Year Old Account

You meet Kael'thas in a 25man and a 5man

You're too naive if you think he is 'defeated' in a 5man dungeon.

Hello Anoob'Arak???????

You are hilarious if you think we will defeat him in the 5man. We are going to merely fight him, and maybe scratch him a bit, with Sylvanas/Jaina's help. Its good for the game, since if you aren't in a raiding guild you won't be seeing him at all in the raid, which leaves a good portion of their customers from seeing the culminate end boss of the expansion.

Everybody knows you only fought Kael'thas twice cuz he was merely a setback...

Yes, you are missing something

There are a couple of threads around about this. They have not said what happens. We are all basically of the decision that we will fight, but not kill Arthas. Some event will happen that stops the battle from continuing and he will not be defeated until the raid.

Gives those who don't raid the ability to fight The Lich King as well, without trying to really open up the raid to every single person out there.
    I never said were going to kill him. But even the fact that we fight him and get loot from him (= defeating in some way, even if he flees / gets bored etc) quite annoys me for such a lorewise big person. I know this happened to Kael as well, and I didn't like this either. But the expansion wasn't about him.

Maby something happens to Sylvanas and Jaina? Like they get caught by the Lich King (not turned to his will) . But inprisoned somehwere in the Icecrown Citadel ( the raid instance possibly?).

The person I wanted to quote, deleted their post while I was still reading it. I forgot who it was, but he/she knows it's him or her.

They said something along the lines of "Since The Lich King will be in the 5man, maybe the 25 man normal mode will be hard."

I'm curious as to why I see people saying that? Thats like saying "Oh, I'm playing a first person shooter and I can choose my difficulty setting. Do I want easy, normal, or hard? Hmmm, I'll chose normal and hope it's hard (instead of actually choosing hard)."

It makes no sense. No the normal version of the raid will not be harder then normal, because it's normal. If you want a hard game, play it on hard mode.

Have a great day. :-)

if he is indeed in the 5man, I'm sure there's a twist to it, and no chance in hell of us ever being able to defeat him fully in there. jaina and sylvanas helping makes it interesting to see tho :>

This is Blizzards way of yet again ruining the game. Lets give every1 everything, soon all classes will have all the same moves, soon all the players will be able to do every raid/instance(regardless of skill). Few ppl saw the end of sunwell pre/post nerf (b4 wotlk) because they put time into a game. Now any1 can kill the new end game boss because they are putting it into a dam 5 man. No point in playing if all the retards are gunna be able to go w/ the ppl that actually devote that time into playing.
    (i do understand illidan was meant to be the end game boss but KJ came out last)

I find it rather sad that the OP has never played a video game before where there's several variations of encountering the main boss of the game leading up to the final confrontation where he unloads all his tricks.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madahunter
    Maby something happens to Sylvanas and Jaina? Like they get caught by the Lich King (not turned to his will) . But inprisoned somehwere in the Icecrown Citadel ( the raid instance possibly?).
    That would be a great idea, To defeat some kind of really hard boss, a Gatekeeper or dragon
    That holds Jaina/Sylvanas prison and if you defeat the boss you can free here and she gives you loot

Deleted

look, the lore behind it is (i think) that we are trying to break into the lich king's HQ, more precisely in his private chambers (probably not his bedroom or his saloon) and steal frostmourne, weakening him. ofc, we fail and need to kill him full strength in citadel.

and this is a great move by blizzard. think about it. you have been told throughout the entire leveling process and beyond that the lich king is evil and needs to be neutralized (read: killed). all this time, you are building up a hatred towards him. if you can only fight and/or kill him in a raid, then a lot of the people are going to be disappointed. allowing more relaxed (read: non-raiding) players to fight him and possibly weaken him is a great marketing move. you are giving the people that want to see, fight and defeat the lich king what they want, while also leaving the real encounter open for true raiders.

i personally am never going to kill the lich king while raiding, but i still want to fight him, just because he is so big in lore and such. if i am given the chance to fight him without raiding, even if i have to do an attunement questline, then i will grasp it with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    This is Blizzards way of yet again ruining the game. Lets give every1 everything, soon all classes will have all the same moves, soon all the players will be able to do every raid/instance(regardless of skill). Few ppl saw the end of sunwell pre/post nerf (b4 wotlk) because they put time into a game. Now any1 can kill the new end game boss because they are putting it into a dam 5 man. No point in playing if all the retards are gunna be able to go w/ the ppl that actually devote that time into playing.
    (i do understand illidan was meant to be the end game boss but KJ came out last)
    U sir are a retard for calling others retards ... u cant see the big picture dont u? step back then , maybe you will . Skill is smth no1 can take away ....let every1 enjoy the game not only addicts like u that didnt see the light of the sun in weeks

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Icecrown citadel was merely a setback! (but in reversed order)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony
    Icecrown citadel was merely a setback! (but in reversed order)
    Setback was merely Icecrown Citadel!
    What?

Edit: Ding 500, *shares cookies*

Here's my take on what will probably happen with the Lich King 5 man version (well, the most obvious thing that'll probably happen anyhow in my opinion!)

You run up to the Lich King and are like "O HAI!", then he mutters some melodramatic shit defiantly in his Dr. Claw voice (seriously, check the link and tell me if that ain't the Lich King?), then Sylvanas goes emo rage mode, Jaina's acting like a pacifist; you do battle, then he's like "ENOUGH OF THIS!!!", kills either Sylvanas or Jaina (or both, take your pick!), he tells you and your group that death awaits you in the 10/25 man raid, people go emo in an Aerith death-like way, spam Blizz's forums with "QQ AMG WHY DID YOU KILL JAINA YOU FUCKERS?!?!", a blueposter says that all of this is "Working as intended™", you then look at the Lich King as an evil person; Squeenix catch onto this and attempt to sue Blizz for blatantly ripping the omgmassiveplottwistlol from FF7, all of which is working as intended™.

TL;DR version: My bets is Arthas is gonna kill Jaina.

Thoughts? Opinions, anyone?