Thread: Tank Shields

Tank Shields

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40701

Is that the best to get before 10 mans or am i missing one?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tank Shields

Yep.

Two other options are: Titansteel Shield Wall as a crafted option or The Crest of Lordaeron from H CoS (Mal'Ganis). I choose the Crest of Lordaeron due to the various stats I had at the time and needed (specifically stamina and Defense cap).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zenneko
    Two other options are: Titansteel Shield Wall as a crafted option or The Crest of Lordaeron from H CoS (Mal'Ganis). I choose the Crest of Lordaeron due to the various stats I had at the time and needed (specifically stamina and Defense cap).
    And don't forget that the Crest of Lordaeron is one of the best looking shields in the game! It is also great for RP if you are a human. :P

Crest is an awesome looking shield. Undead make it look money as well.

or the BoE Northern Barrier from Ulduar if you are lucky to find one on the auction house

Quote Originally Posted by bainies
    or the BoE Northern Barrier from Ulduar if you are lucky to find one on the auction house
    not worth the money for a paladin imo since we don't need expertise and don't rely on hit as much as the other tank classes.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    not worth the money for a paladin imo since we don't need expertise and don't rely on hit as much as the other tank classes.
    As much as i agree with you in the sense taht we dont need expertise or hit AS MUCH as the other tanking classes, considering Pallys and warriors are the only tank classes that can actually use shields, it must be intended for us a little bit, there is not really a wep/shield in the game right now that is souly a Warrior or Paladin item, apart from tier gear ofc

unless you have some old heroism badges laying around i would say its alot cheaper to get the crafted titansteel shield wall. This is based on the cost of mats for shield wall vs. the value of 2 runed orbs on my server.