Thread: H ToC 25 DPS

H ToC 25 DPS

Hey so I have a simple question. I've heard that as DPS in H ToC 10 one should be able to pull a minimum of either 4.6k or 4k depending on whether you run with 2 or 3 healers, respectively. I haven't gotten a chance to do it yet but I'm pretty sure that I can meet that DPS requirement.
    I was wondering if there is a requirement like this for H ToC 25, and if someone could tell me what it is.
    Thanks!

Re: H ToC 25 DPS

5k minimum per person for the first 4 bosses imo. Twins will be more than 5k ofc, i cant speak for anub yet because we only pulled him 2x before we decided to call it for the night but the minimum was 6k.

Before the flames of AMG 5K DEEPS IS TERRIBAD, an avg of 5k per person should be plenty of dps to do what you need to, some ppl will have 8kish so it helps alot. bte what class do you play?
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

I'm sorry I can't give you a precise number, but the DPS needed in 25 heroic is quite larger than the 10 man version; the timers on the first boss and the DPs needed to close portals on Jaraxxus are tight. I'd say (have in mind I've only done the first boss, and worked on the second, and even that as a healer) you'd need at the very least an average of 5000 DPS, perhaps more if you runs with more than 8 tanks+healers, and that's assuming no deaths or mistakes.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    bte what class do you play?
    I play a warlock.
    In most raids I average ABOUT 5k, give or take a few hundred DPS.
    I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I'm aware that in certain raids mobs/bosses have less defenses (as in they take damage more easily, not sure of the technicalities of it). For example, I'll hit much harder on bosses in VoA 25 than in Ulduar 25. Is there something like that in H ToC? I guess what I'm asking is, if I pull 5k in regular ToC 25, will I pull 5k in H ToC 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    I'm sorry I can't give you a precise number, but the DPS needed in 25 heroic is quite larger than the 10 man version; the timers on the first boss and the DPs needed to close portals on Jaraxxus are tight. I'd say (have in mind I've only done the first boss, and worked on the second, and even that as a healer) you'd need at the very least an average of 5000 DPS, perhaps more if you runs with more than 8 tanks+healers, and that's assuming no deaths or mistakes.
    Your sig is so awesome.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Easy way to see - if you manage to kill Gormok in time without popping bl/heroism, you've enough DPS for the first four fights pretty much. I believe the raid dps check on it is anywhere between 100-110k? Could be wrong.

Anub on the other hand......
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

Alright, thanks

5k is a good minimum to be at in HTOC 25 man for everything besides Twins and Anub which everyone should be around 8k for on anub cause of all the AOE going on

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    Gormok requires 100,000 dps on 25m. If you have 3 tanks 6 healers and 16 dps that comes out to 20,000 rdps short of the goal. Even poorly geared, bad classes, can pull 5k dps with ease. That was a number people were looking at in full Naxx gear.
    Sure? My guild raiding Uld25 last day the best DPS was doing 8.4k DPS, and me (1 T9, 2T8, full naxx/uld epics) was doing 4.5K DPS as a Ret Pally (4500 AP raidbuffed). I don't think BAD geared/bad classes can pull 5k with ease.

Depends on the fight, and which class. Dps is very strict on some fights in ToGC 25, but its not really so much how many an individual can do its how much the raid can push out as a whole (obviously if there is one person bogging it down then well....).

If your gear is up to date, then you should be able to push an average of around 6k on Northrend beasts. Most of our dps do around 6-7 throughout all 3 phases of the encounter, though we certainly have some that are closer to 5k. It is very restrictive though, anyone less than 5k is not doing enough (for 25 man).

Anub'Arak 10 Heroic is about 35k rDPS. 2 Tanks 2 Healers 6 DPS. So everyone should do about 4-6k DPS and everything is fine for 10 man and 25man. End of the story.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor
    Easy way to see - if you manage to kill Gormok in time without popping bl/heroism, you've enough DPS for the first four fights pretty much. I believe the raid dps check on it is anywhere between 100-110k? Could be wrong.
    Just checked our combat logs for the last Beasts kill - raid dps was 85k. We killed Icehowl with 30 seconds to go until enrage. Individual dps ranged from 4k to 6k

you're not talking about the same thing tho, you say 85k dps on icehowl so i'd assume you mean the entire fight with all the downtime, stuns waiting for worms to come back up from the ground etc, while ekoor say gormok = little to no downtime for any of the dps. my guild downed the beasts for the first time yesterday and at the end the top dps was at 6k. but when gormok died we had several above 7k
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by friggo
    you're not talking about the same thing tho, you say 85k dps on icehowl so i'd assume you mean the entire fight with all the downtime, stuns waiting for worms to come back up from the ground etc, while ekoor say gormok = little to no downtime for any of the dps. my guild downed the beasts for the first time yesterday and at the end the top dps was at 6k. but when gormok died we had several above 7k
    No, 85k raid dps for the entire Beasts encounter, but we had downtime between each phase so yeah that obviously affects it. Not sure what peak dps is needed.

Here's the log: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/8805192#damageout