Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    i don't like playing melee^^ that is way i use a makro with my pally when i have to do dmg
    *sigh* This is why the community looks down on us Rets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Then respec Ench.
    Enchanting - Profession

Enhancement - Shaman talent tree

See what I did there?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    *sigh* This is why the community looks down on us Rets.
    why not to ease somesting you don't really like. an no heal is not an option
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

my elemental doesn't use a priority system. a makro doesn't work. you wont dps if you just use the four ele spells simply on cd
    i can't tell a mako to check for debuffs oder buffs and to correct the rotation
    You actually can write an addon for that and possibly link it to a g15 and get it to function or if you want something along the lines of the 'ret' macro here is the ele one

/cast lightning bolt

prolly get the same dps outta that compared to normal as ret does using that stupid one that was posted.Ele is faceroll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iradain
    7 actually, you forgot hammer of win. There's plenty of time under 20% with all the healing of the boss going on.
    Your doing it wrong
    As someone who plays both a Paladin/warrior avidly A warrior is much harder because you actually have to pay attention to your rage bar and procs.

A paladin really has to do little more than 1-2-3-4 judge/cs/Ds/how and of course use Exorcism once every 15 seconds assuming the proc to make it instant cast is up, Not to mention every ability a paladin has other than exorcism is instant cast and any Ret who honestly thinks mana is a limiting factor on a paladin is a badly geared twit with the spec of a retard.

I love my paladin but if not for Arcane faceroll paladins would be the easiest class to dps/pvp and level however thanks to Mr Arcane mage paladin only wins 2 of the 3 categories

Quotes trimmed to be succinct.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump
    A warrior is much harder because you actually have to pay attention to your procs.
    You have a good point there. Up until:

assuming the proc is up
    But there are other valid points:

every ability a paladin has is instant cast
    Yeah...I guess this does make playing a paladin much easier than playing a warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Enough of this fucking shit topics. Stop QQ for the love of god, just l2 play against Retribution Paladins and I'm sure you'll do fine.. unless you fight me ofc, you would'nt stand a chance.
    Banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor
    Enchanting - Profession

Enhancement - Shaman talent tree

See what I did there?
    Laptop does not make for good typing skillz.

Also, refer to my sig

why not to ease somesting you don't really like. an no heal is not an option
    Its not that- its because you don't want to take the time to learn the class, but instead have it spoon feed to you. So instead of doing it the right way, you take the easy way out and convince yourself that it is "good enough".

i think the fact people think that ret pallies are faceroll is beacuse they really dont have to think (absolutely nothing) all they have to do is mash button off CD, most of the other classes need to keep an eye out for something even arcane mages even tho its easy (arcane barrage proc lol), but imo its just no retri thats too simple

prot mash some buttons and win threat and dps, this is the only specc that might take some extra skills as tanking requires thinking

holy..ehhh good old holy... how was it now again oh wait BoL sarcred shield flash of light flash of light flash of light flash of light flash of light ahmg tank took damage holy light flash of light etc...(not counting in judgement and holy shock atm) basically people are tired of seeing a class that dont have to manage a certain debuff or dot or something (seals doesnt count as they last for 30mins thatd be like calling a mage armor part of the rotation)

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith
    i think the fact people think that ret pallies are faceroll is beacuse they really dont have to think (absolutely nothing) all they have to do is mash button off CD, most of the other classes need to keep an eye out for something even arcane mages even tho its easy (arcane barrage proc lol), but imo its just no retri thats too simple

prot mash some buttons and win threat and dps, this is the only specc that might take some extra skills as tanking requires thinking

holy..ehhh good old holy... how was it now again oh wait BoL sarcred shield flash of light flash of light flash of light flash of light flash of light ahmg tank took damage holy light flash of light etc...(not counting in judgement and holy shock atm) basically people are tired of seeing a class that dont have to manage a certain debuff or dot or something (seals doesnt count as they last for 30mins thatd be like calling a mage armor part of the rotation)
    A bad Ret paladin will only smash CS/DS/Judgement.

A good Ret will use all of his toons in both PvE and PvP.

So I was just looking through this post and I came to this.

Quote Originally Posted by HatakeSC
    dude I'm so jealous I had my cat play for me once and she totally just stood in a fire and died.

WTB Skilz Cat
    I thought it was just so funny that I had to bring attention to it and state my shock that no one else did!

15+ Year Old Account

my g15 makro uses priorities... it works fine as long it is not a very complicated fight
    g15 macro get people banned, hello its called botting

10+ Year Old Account

here your go guys, a very nice usefull link for u. see for yourself.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...plex-rotation/
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark
    Quotes trimmed to be succinct.

You have a good point there. Up until:

But there are other valid points:

Yeah...I guess this does make playing a paladin much easier than playing a warrior.
    Yes I agree his arguments were lacking, alot. So here's mine

the reason I see ret paladin as the most simple and ..possibly...faceroll (faceroll as in "simple", not #easy to achieve high rating) melle class is this:

Their attacks have short cd's, no requirement, and costs mana. Now, ret paladins DON'T run ouf of mana unless they spamheal. This means they have near unlimited resources for attack which you don't need to build up, and dn't run out of. Their attack have no requirement and some do holy dmg and some are ranged to some degree. They also gain health and mana on attacks which requires no desicion at all, as have instant heals?shields+hots from shieldand from crit heals. All which happen automaticly , again with no desicion in mind.

You don't need to make any sacrifices or desicions when playing a ret. As warrior you have stances and shields and rage, as Dk you have rune cd's, diseases , and abilities which share the same rune witch do two separate things. As rogue you have energy, cd's to watch etc.

On top of this they have very few abilities, but are also designed to be able to do good with these few abilities. This means the abilities have to be very straight forward and simple, as well as powerfull. They have very few, if any, situational abilities, and none which really affects any other of their skills.

The class is very little punishing to bad players, and can be very little rewarding to skilled players (depending on setup).

When I watch ret movies that has gotten comment like "at least there's some good rets", and "finally a very skilled ret", I expect to see som good shit, but all the time the only things that sepparate them from bad players is this:

Cleanse macros and fast cleansing.
    BoP macros
    Engineering lol :P
    Using sacred shield all the time (wooow)

I try, I really try, but I can't convince myself they aren't the easiest, simples and most straight forward non-punishing spec in wow. At least for mele. Now I know there's gonna be a lot of hate on me now, but that's my oppinion

There is a reason why most high rated retris actually admit they are too simple. There isn't this unjustified hate which you have convinced yourdelf of. Believe me it's justified. Sad to say so. There are good players that play ret, but I sure most originall paladins want a rework of their class.
    Meh

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

look at sig. this is what this thread is.

Deleted

Once i had a red bike.

I want a cat like that =(
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Read the post a few above mine, the man speaks truth.

He told you in a completely unbiased way how ret paladins are indeed faceroll. (No offense)

It is not the number of buttons you hit or the number of utility spells you have, its how they must be used.
    Ret pallies often argue that dks are more faceroll, but this is not true. I'll give my example giving the easiest dk spec to play in my opinion, blood.

IT, PS, DS, HS HS is the rotation you begin with. You IT and PS to get diseases on your target and to get 20+ runic power so that when you DS your glyph kicks in and gives you more damage. I DS to proc abominable might, so that my HS does increased damage off of my AP and the diseases already on the target.

Situational spells. Ret paladins can choose any order of spells and not have to worry about losing dps. Btw my main is a healer and has always been, so don't say "Of course a dk would say ret is faceroll!". Im not a DK. Dont insult me. >_>

Arcane mage is not about using many abilities, it's about mana management, to get the most damage out of your mana bar. Basically the goal is to end the fight with 0 mana but not get oom before that.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Balance
    Ret paladins can choose any order of spells and not have to worry about losing dps.
    not true.