Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Transferring emblems to alts its a currency?

Since blizz sees emblems as currency aswell as honor and others things. I would be really great if u could send them to alts to gear em up. Once your geared up they start stacking up. Its a pain in the butt to start the new grind on the alt when your fully stacked already. I believe it would be great way to get more life into alts.

I love playing my main so i prefer to get emblems and other marks through him while also love to get an alt up to par.

Did blizz said something ever about this? Would like to know if people can post this on official forum and get a blizz answer on their take about this.

Yes its easy to get gear but then youll need to spend doubletime on alt and main. have about 180 triumph that i would like to gear up for an alt, my alt wouldnt be allowed in raid to get thriumph since better geared peeps are available. Since its a currency i dont see why blizz doesnt alllow to share what u earn on your main like u do with gold.

what your opinion on this ? i would make the game much better since i dont like alts since they will always be worse then main.

Re: Transferring emblems to alts its a currency?

I believe I saw a post where a blue was saying they didnt like the idea, but Im not sure. Either way, I dont think they would like the idea. Honor can be gained by any level, gifting that just speeds things up. Emblems require a level and ability to obtain.

Also, it would allow gearing up way to fast. I could pass all my Triumph badges from my alt to my main and be decked in full 232 tier gear with all the 245 relics/rings/etc in 2 weeks tops. Way faster than Blizzard would intend. If they continue with the badge=tier in ICC, that would mess things up, and even if they dont there would likely be enough other upgrades with badges to still throw the balance off for those with alts capable of running endgame.

yes gearing up would be fast but thats the whole point, u already spend the time on your main to get emblems so i dont see the problem in sharing them? even if its allowed the gear would still be subpar to hardmode loot. item level 232 sux when u have acces to item levelplayers higher.
    My point would be that i would allow switching mains faster. Lets say your bored playing your main and want to make an alt your main, does anyone really like to run heroics again and ulduar?

Also how will your alt be granted a raidspot when your in lower tier gear when equal skilled player will do more dps. alts dont get into progression raids. Basicly u have no other choice then to raid with your main, u can only do pugs or do altruns with your guild but u wont be able to gather asmuch emblems as with your main who has acces to more dungeons.

time played is time played and it shouldtnt matter on which char it happens, everything u earn should be able to be used since its a currency.

Its already works for pvp, u can farm stonekeepr shards and buy honor to send to alts, so why not a system that allows sharing pve emblems or being able to spend 70 emblems for 50 emblems that can be sended. They can add a downside to it, so u cant just share em without losing some.

But this system already exist for pvp but not for pve

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Inb4 "Yeah make the game easier than it already is!"

This would a great addition and would not make the game "easier", it would make it a less pain in the ass.

Deleted

First i thought it would be cheating, since u can farm it with a good char, and send it to a bad one, but its the same as the honor tokens, and gold.. makes sense to me tbh..

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea, because it makes the alt game easier, but not on your main. Your main gears just as quickly

15+ Year Old Account

To be honest, I would support this, even though I am typically against things that make the game "easier", as if it could get any easier.

My problem with my alts is finding pugs. Obviously nobody in my guild wants to run heroics, except for the odd person with an alt or someone doing the daily for extra triumph. You're really looking for randoms who want to gear up to triumph. Thing is, most people are looking for someone with naxx or better gear because they don't want to go slow. I can't find groups on my prot pally because I don't have 30k. Catch-22, motherfuckers. Considering you already earned them, means you know the fights that drop them, so really, skill isn't the issue, not to mention typically you don't need any emblems once you buy your first few items that are good, and as fun as buying and selling gems endlessly is, I don't care for it.

Plus your alts would always only have access to the lower gear, and would still be able to improve by entering the current tier of raiding once their gear is up to par.

As for Blizzard not wanting it because you'd spend less time playing, that's obviously wrong since you have to play on your main to get them in the first place.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    As for Blizzard not wanting it because you'd spend less time playing, that's obviously wrong since you have to play on your main to get them in the first place.
    Also you'd still have to pay for the account you're playing on, you wouldn't cancel your account MORE if you could get faster upgrades on your alts.

The reason why this will not work and the argument that was given in the first reply to this thread is:

If you could transfer badges among characters then basically what you are allowing is for double, triple, quadruple token gains... if you main was not geared yes but you had 4 alts, you run the heroic daily on all 5 of your toons... there you go... your main now has 10 emblems of triumph.

It is a great idea for those of us that are geared already so we can send things to alts, but it can be abused by people who are not geared yet to get their mains into BiS items really really quickly.

What would be a better solution is to make all the badge items BoA... that way you could use your main to buy items and then send them to your alt... you would not be able to stack badges that way and you would still be able to send badge gear to your alts.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

The only downside I would see is people doing the daily heroic on multiple characters for more top-tier emblems.

This would be prevented if the top-tier emblem couldn't be traded. Simple.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Against it. Most people will look like they bought their character cause most people are bad at the game. The few good ones, know how to play the game and get good info about it, such as this website. Ding some scrub just hit 80 and they already have 2p T8 and 2p T9, then a combo of BoE and crafted epics, along with green trinkets and rings. You group up with them and they pull off 1200 dps, or can't hold aggro on a shovel, or spams the biggest heals on the tank even when out of combat. I would really prefer not to see those people around in the game. Put some damn effort into the characters you play. It's not hard and it's not a pain in the ass at all to get gear if you are any good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlybonne
    yes gearing up would be fast but thats the whole point, u already spend the time on your main to get emblems so i dont see the problem in sharing them? even if its allowed the gear would still be subpar to hardmode loot. item level 232 sux when u have acces to item levelplayers higher.
    no offense but you missed his point entirely...

it's not that Blizz is against sending the badges to your alts, he saying they'd be against sending badges to your main from your alts.

of course they wont do this, it would ruin their "paid class change" down the road.

Honor isn't "quite" the same, since blizzard acknowledges that PvP gets harder and harder with each new season. For instance when I join a BG and see someone with 15K health... Well free HK in my mind...

That put aside, some people, especially raiders, end up on stacks of previous tier emblems and some do sell em for things like crusader orbs, and Gems, but at the end of the day, not really all that many emblems are taken out of the game. They want to make it easier to catch up, they don't want someone who just freshly hit 80 to be dumped 300-500 emblems into a full set of purples without having set foot in an instance.

Looking forward to even more geared people who has absolutely no idea how to play their class...
    Demog - Level 80 Orc Warrior @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Demoq - Level 80 Blood Elf Priest @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Demok - Level 80 Undead Rogue @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Demot - Level 80 Troll Mage @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Gnommez - Level 80 Gnome Death Knight @ Terokkar-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Against it. Most people will look like they bought their character cause most people are bad at the game. The few good ones, know how to play the game and get good info about it, such as this website. Ding some scrub just hit 80 and they already have 2p T8 and 2p T9, then a combo of BoE and crafted epics, along with green trinkets and rings. You group up with them and they pull off 1200 dps, or can't hold aggro on a shovel, or spams the biggest heals on the tank even when out of combat. I would really prefer not to see those people around in the game. Put some damn effort into the characters you play. It's not hard and it's not a pain in the ass at all to get gear if you are any good at the game.
    While strongly worded, I kinda agree with this. The problem with getting an alt all geared out quickly is that you never really learn to play your class well. This is sort of a problem already; you spend levels 1-68 grinding out quests solo. And while you get pretty good at learning things like minimizing downtime, it does little to prepare you for your role in a level cap group.

...off topic, what is your avatar from? The artstyle looks really familiar...

I'm all for the idea, though modified. Perhaps you can buy an item for, say, 80 emblems, which would allow you to transfer Conquest and below to other characters on your account. This gives those of us with 150+ Conquests and fully geared something worthwhile to use the emblems on, and at the same time would prevent emblem saturation amongst characters. Plus the epic gem and Orb markets wouldn't be so flooded as well. Or at the very least make it Valor or below.

Because if you have that many emblems amongst X amount of characters to buy this item on all of them, you'll have put in a good amount of time into earning the emblems as it is.

This is a terribad idea. This game is easy as it is, people need to earn gear, not get it handed to them.
    I love the Power Glove.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helios
    This is a terribad idea. This game is easy as it is, people need to earn gear, not get it handed to them.
    Because you didn't do the exact same thing you'd have to do on your alt, but you did it on your main?

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin
    Because you didn't do the exact same thing you'd have to do on your alt, but you did it on your main?

/facepalm
    If your alt can do whatever your main is doing to get the emblems than why not take your alt in the first place maybe then there wouldnt be T9 hunters doing 2k dps in heroics...