Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Molten Core Solo

I solo'ed the entire thing as holy.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...otem&cn=Bisley

Double holy specs. Didnt have any other option. I hear lots of stories about prots solo'ing everything. Havent heardmuch about holy. My armory gear probably isnt the gear i solo'ed it in (a mixture of pvp/pve gear). Food buff, alch flask, kings. sitting around 2700 SP, 200 mp5, 21000 hp, 23000 mana, 30~% crit. 200 haste rating. 2

gehennas
    ragnaros

these 2 were by far the hardest fights (other than golemagg, which just involved bubbling at 50 stacks, rinse and repeat (i bubbled 3 times over the fight))

Ragnaros I forgot about melt weapon. And wiped 1 time (i started the fight at 30% durability) due to breaking my weapon and being inable to kill the adds. I still lived for 27 minutes, which kinda sucks.
    Second time i found a good out of melee range spot (i use the orange triangle to the left of me in the SS as my go to reference spot) that left me in range of consecrate. Then just went to town. Took long enough (i started the timer as I hit judgement to pull). I bubbled not out of needing to. but just to make my life easier. I started running low on mana due to trying to DPS adds faster and burning it recklessly. Also had no seal of wisdom (cept on add phases) other than just judgements. I tried to keep 1 add alive to melee on until the 90 second submerge was up.

Gehennas i wiped 2 times. First try i went in with Fire aura (was thinking about rain of fire) and died to shadow bolts (i turned on inc damage meters and switched to shadow aura). Second attempt a corehound respawned at 10%. 3rd try went like cake, never had to bubble or LoH or anything. Just kept SS up, and spammed FoL like it was going out of style.

To get sulfuron down i had to run all his adds out of mana. That method sucked. Just stood in baron geddon's inferno, never ran out. just dispelled mana and stood there. Not many fights were crazy hard. just a few of them took a lot of time and focus. there was no "go afk for 5 minutes while i auto attacked" i was constantly spamming FoL.

Anyone else have fun solo stories as holy?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Molten Core Solo

not bad as holy had to do it slowly

probly the same difficulty as i did it when i was on my Blood DK tank have to use the heals at the right moments and not use my ghoul at all during the MC bosses
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

how long did it all take? dowsing the runes alone would take a few hours, and if I remember, MC was a pain for it's repops

Outlastadin ftw

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius
    how long did it all take? dowsing the runes alone would take a few hours, and if I remember, MC was a pain for it's repops

Outlastadin ftw
    Please, no more -adin names ><

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Please, no more -adin names ><
    Quiet, Ronarkadin.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pilch
    Quiet, Ronarkadin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    I thought you misspelled Portret.

What the hell is up with those retarded names lately?

Holydin? Protret? Proly? ......Just fucking call it a protection/Retribution paladin!

Hows my Elehancemento shaman doing? see how retarded it sounds.

Hey if i wanna do solo's like mc should i buy some prot gear? Im a ret pally in Really good gear but i doubt i have enough hp or n e thing like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

15+ Year Old Account

I solo'd it all but Gehenas as a prot warrior =\

Had a priest friend come in for him, then left and I did Rag :P, maybe I'll take pictures when I do it again tomorrow...

AQ40 Solo...

1 holy 3 bugs...

it didn't end well.

on topic: solod it as well just hate gehenas or however you call it.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to see a warrior solo MC. Or a mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by pilch
    Quiet, Ronarkadin.
    lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius

Outlastadin ftw
    36:30 alone for ragnaros.
    I think about 15 minutes for golemagg. and it seemed like roughly 6-12 minutes for any other boss as well. I did garr first, then gehennas. then backtracked to lucifron/magmadar (after i figured out that gehennas was in fact solo'able i went crazy cause he was the only cockblock i could foresee). But this was all same day. So 7:09 killtime for rag, 4:10 killtime for gehennas. Probably started about 30-45 minutes before gehenas (due to the insane run back and my unnecessary wipes). Roughly 4 hours for the whole place. Makes fighting for the sulfuron ingots a lot less painful (i actually got the geddon binding and the eye of sulfuras the very next week, but i 2 manned rag with a friend who wasnt interested in the eye and not there for the binding). The firelords were the only adds to give me any problem. but with FR aura i didnt get too many silences. This particular week i didnt have any silences mess me up. As soon as the adds spawn you burn them asap, if you get silenced mid burn, they split, and you have to kill the firelord, stand there for about 5 minutes healing yourself and the adds all randomly die. Other than that trash repops werent a problem. When i got my geddon binding (and once again this week) i had a core hound respawn midfight (roughly 50%). didnt change much and i still won. but havent had any real trash issues.

@aniria : my next step was to find some TBC nature resist mats, craft the stuff and try some AQ40. I want the rep and I have some stuff to turn in past the first boss. I imagine it'd be easier to solo the first boss with NR than to try to 2 man it with mind controls.

@freedom : i saw a video of a warlock solo'ing rag (spamming health funnel into a felguard) but a mage would indeed be impressive.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Córiban
    So? It´s a Lvel 60 Dungeon. You are wearing Plate, combined with massive Heal. Low Damage as Holy maybe, but most of those Mobs in there miss you most of the Time, and you can cast pretty fast Heals with a high Chance to critt. You resist a lot of Spells in there and trough the PvP Parts in your Gear you have lots of Stamina. It´s pretty much impossible for you to die in there. You did nothing special. Come back when you did something that needs more then Grinding while Brain-Afk.
    Bosses scale with level- As in, Rag will be level 83 and still hit like a mo-fo; And that is if he DOESN'T crit you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkriku
    Hey if i wanna do solo's like mc should i buy some prot gear? Im a ret pally in Really good gear but i doubt i have enough hp or n e thing like that.
    Some of the fights are much easier as ret, some of them are much easier as prot. I know this thread is about holy, but I have some input with prot gear. I prefer prot for Lucifron, Gehennas, Garr, Golemagg, Sulfuron and Major Domo. Some of those fights are doable as ret, but it just takes good timing and skill. I'm in tier 7 ret and emblem gear for prot. I had a Black Temple shadow resist set crafted to make the Gehennas fight easier. Try it out, see how you do. Just remember that you should be gearing for solo survivability and not end-game tanking. Glyph of Salvation is a nice boost. Ragnaros is trivial as ret. ~10-15 minutes for a clean kill.

Good job doing all this as holy. You have a lot more patience than I do.

Grats. It's not easy at all. And it takes a looooooong time. I used to do this as Holy before I built up a Ret set. The irony was that the mob that wiped me the most was the Fire Elementals that spawn the baby elementals with their silence.

Now a days I do this as Ret with a few pieces of Holy gear. So much quicker and easier. lol
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I've been soloing MC for Ingots and the bracers for awhile but recently gave up due to the lack of the dam eye of sulfuras and bracers. Grats on killing Gehennas...as it is no easy task as holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Bosses scale with level- As in, Rag will be level 83 and still hit like a mo-fo; And that is if he DOESN'T crit you.
    Not exactly. They hit as hard as they used to at 60. They (bosses only) just count as a level 83 in terms of the attack tables (parry, dodge, hit, crit, miss).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Very good work and grats. I'm a fan of soloing myself.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I'd like to see a warrior solo MC. Or a mage.
    I'll record it, maybe I'll get lucky on Gehennas this week?

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    The only difficult aspect of it is not falling asleep. You sir, need to find a secondary hobby. Spending 6+ hours soloing an old raid? Jesus man, pick up and instrument! Have you really gotten to the point where you decided there's that little for you to do?

This isn't cool... It's sad.

WTB better content to keep people from resorting to these types of things for entertainment.
    I do it for the gold and the binding. Plus it's fun. It takes me about 2.5 hours at most for all bosses before Rag (Skipping Gehannas) and about 20 mins for rag himself.

Is mediocrity really worth being celebrated? A friend of mines did this months ago as holy and solo'd zg as prot. Me and another dk in my guild solos kara*(very good gold run btw) should we make a thread for every op thing we in the game. This is getting worst than the "world first i-dc'd-in-dalaran-while-wearing-a-tuxedo-and-spamming-holy-nova" type of threads.

*-use two ppl on chess but solo the rest of the place, if not romulo and juliet we use 2 ppl also.

Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation