Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Northrend's New Kalu'ak Fishing Derby!

I'm sorry... but am I the only one who thinks these "rewards" suck?

A free portal to Booty Bay is... mildly cool... but in the form of a pair of boots? Gimmie a break. We had that with the red shoes from Karazhan Opera event.

I mean... a little sharky pet! How hard would it be!

I'm not trying to whine or anything, just saying that yeah... a bit disappointed. Hopefully there will be more 'side rewards' or something, because as it stands I don't see myself taking a raid night off (which, at the time it's scheduled for, I'd have to) to attend this event.

Apologies for this out of date signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    you guys missed that or what? BOA ring with 5% exp bonus!

/gone to level fishing.
    dont need to level fishing for this
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilesy

A free portal to Booty Bay is... mildly cool... but in the form of a pair of boots? Gimmie a break. We had that with the red shoes from Karazhan Opera event.

I'm not trying to whine or anything, just saying that yeah... a bit disappointed. Hopefully there will be more 'side rewards' or something, because as it stands I don't see myself taking a raid night off (which, at the time it's scheduled for, I'd have to) to attend this event.
    the STV fishing didn't give you any good rewards either.... unless you were a twink...
    It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    the STV fishing didn't give you any good rewards either.... unless you were a twink...
    You didn't think that a trinket that you could turn you into a fish and a pretty cool fishing reward were any good?

You wouldn't take those over a pair of boots that act as a hearthstone and a ring for your alts?

Maybe I'm biased as I have no alts...

also the people moaning about the time for this event..... it happens EVERY WEEK.... and i bet you it will only be up for at most 10 minutes... you underestimate us fishers.... STV fishing contest sometimes takes 15 minutes and its over....

ps: not every raiding guild raids on wednesday at 8pm... some of us start at 8:30, 9, 9:30, 10pm, or wait till tuesday, or the weekend.... lol.... people whine about anything.

It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn

ps: not every raiding guild raids on wednesday at 8pm... some of us start at 8:30, 9, 9:30, 10pm, or wait till tuesday, or the weekend.... lol.... people whine about anything.
    Sorry, but no.

Just no.

You didn't think that a trinket that you could turn you into a fish and a pretty cool fishing reward were any good?

You wouldn't take those over a pair of boots that act as a hearthstone and a ring for your alts?

Maybe I'm biased as I have no alts...
    the level of cool or practicality depends on the person.... i personally have a druid.. so the trinket isnt really that interesting....

Sorry, but no.

Just no.
    no what?
    It's just a game.

Deleted

I also happen to think it's silly that the tournament starts at 8 PM, where many guilds happen to be raiding. Of course, it is true that you can't put in on a specific time without causing IRLtime--issues for people. But at least put it on a time that isn't causing in-game-time-issues for people (raiding is, after all, the major piece of content in the game).

Stop complaining about the time. Not every damn thing in this game is about catering to raiders. And for the record, I raid during the time of this tourney, but may opt to skip a few nights here and there so I can enjoy this.

Also, whoever think these rewards suck is out of their mind. Your choice is a BoA ring that levels with you (more vendor fodder = gold) and also increases XP, as well as a pair of boots that increase your fishing and allow you a free port to not only where you'd go after finishing the STV fishing tourney without having to change your hearth, but also a neutral AH.

Just stop whining already, I think it's just great as is.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Northrend's New Kalu'ak Fishing Derby!
    [blizzquote="Slorkuz;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/11155811788-2610-northrends-new-kaluak-fishing-derby.html"]Don't forget, in patch 3.3.0 you never catch trash from fishing pools, regardless of skill.
    Wow, what a great change! This will make the Sea Turtle hunt a lot easier, as well as being able to do so with just level 1 fishing!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

This is what WotLK's free gear mentality does. People cried all week about how Horseman's loot was "crap". Guess what these items are novelty rewards that players get for fun. If you PvP your rewards for high ratings and honor is PvP gear designed to help you do what you like. PvE encounters (except VoA) give out PvE gear so that you can advance to the next tier of content and farming becomes easier (not a problem with normal modes but different topic).

With this event it's a fishing contest the rewards should help you... wait for it.... FISH! If you don't like fishing (like 90% of players) don't participate. If the fishing tourney handed out ilvl 251 or 277 gear then raiders / pvpers would be compelled to fish even if they didn't want to. The fact that they tied the only ring heirloom to the fishing event is stupid IMO. A LOT of people lvl alts very few ppl fish. What it should do is give a tome of fishing a BoA item that instantly teaches an alt max lvl fishing (only usable once) or a BoA lucky bauble that increases the catch chance of rare fish by 50 or 100%.

Fishing rewards should be tied to the fishing tournament and PvE / PvP / Leveling rewards tied to it's own content.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Deleted

damn! need that ring!!!!

but i think with that competition i will nerver get it

healer can use it too.. at least.. when ther leveling..

Quote Originally Posted by Draenors
    I also happen to think it's silly that the tournament starts at 8 PM, where many guilds happen to be raiding. Of course, it is true that you can't put in on a specific time without causing IRLtime--issues for people. But at least put it on a time that isn't causing in-game-time-issues for people (raiding is, after all, the major piece of content in the game).
    Seriously? Not everyone in the game raids. I do have two solutions for people who raid and want to compete in this contest:

1. See if you can get your guild or raid leader to reschedule the raid to start a half-hour later. This fishing contest could not take any longer than that.

2. Wait to do it on a Wednesday night that you aren't raiding. Also, if it were for the title, you can do the Sunday fishing event. The other rewards aren't worthy of really skipping a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    And what do you people have with time ? Put it at 6:30 ? It's still raid time for some ppl. Put it at 9:30, err raid time. Even Sunday at 12:00 in Bbay it was not the best time.
    Just put it on 2 PM or something...

It'a bad joke.

The main problems with the fishing tournament were:

- horrible timing
    - limited to 52 winners / realm / year
    - high demand due to meta achievements.

So they release a new tournament with:

- horrible timing (best raid time)
    - limited to 52 winners / realm / year
    - even higher demand due to awesome ring which is unique-equipped, but not account-unique, so tournament winners will compete again and again

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    This is what WotLK's free gear mentality does. People cried all week about how Horseman's loot was "crap". Guess what these items are novelty rewards that players get for fun. If you PvP your rewards for high ratings and honor is PvP gear designed to help you do what you like. PvE encounters (except VoA) give out PvE gear so that you can advance to the next tier of content and farming becomes easier (not a problem with normal modes but different topic).

With this event it's a fishing contest the rewards should help you... wait for it.... FISH! If you don't like fishing (like 90% of players) don't participate. If the fishing tourney handed out ilvl 251 or 277 gear then raiders / pvpers would be compelled to fish even if they didn't want to. The fact that they tied the only ring heirloom to the fishing event is stupid IMO. A LOT of people lvl alts very few ppl fish. What it should do is give a tome of fishing a BoA item that instantly teaches an alt max lvl fishing (only usable once) or a BoA lucky bauble that increases the catch chance of rare fish by 50 or 100%.

Fishing rewards should be tied to the fishing tournament and PvE / PvP / Leveling rewards tied to it's own content.
    Thank you for assuming you know anything about me.

I'm not looking for 'free gear', I'm just looking for more *fun* gear. A pair of shoes isn't fun. It's mildly cool, but it's nothing like the awesome fish trinket from the original STV contest. I hate to say it, but check my armory for achievements and such if you think I'm just here whining about loot. I've tried to experience everything in the game, and have a great love and respect for fishing.

My comment was just that I thought that, after waiting this long for a new Fishing contest, the rewards would be a bit more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89
    Most of the guild dont raid at Wednesday. Atleast here on europe :P
    Why not on wednesday?

Generally our best day server wise, except on patch days obviously.. :x

Ok I'm seeing this come up repeatedly, so PLEASE get this through your heads.

1: About the time.. It might be a convenience factor for those that cant make the stranglethorn fishing event. People that cant make the stranglethorn fishing might be able to make the kalu'ak one easier. I for one am almost never on in the morning, but I'm on all the time at night. Other people may be like that too.

2: People are whining that they have to level up fishing. Did you even bother to read? Look for the sentence that says "Don't forget, in patch 3.3.0 you never catch trash from fishing pools, regardless of skill." meaning you have have 1 fishing skill and still possibly win this event by fishing in fish schools in northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive
    Stop complaining about the time. Not every damn thing in this game is about catering to raiders. And for the record, I raid during the time of this tourney, but may opt to skip a few nights here and there so I can enjoy this.
    If you were in any decent quality guild and you would refuse a raid invite to go fishing you would get your ass booted out so fast that you could fish every wednesday....hell even a bad guild with smart leaders would kick you out...lol

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    If you were in any decent quality guild and you would refuse a raid invite to go fishing you would get your ass booted out so fast that you could fish every wednesday....hell even a bad guild with smart leaders would kick you out...lol
    Um, then don't do the fishing event and go to the raid instead? Blizzard doesn't have to cater to just raiders. It would be like "My friends and I go play hockey on Wednesday night. If I refuse to play hockey, my coach will kick me from the team." You made the commitment to raid with that guild, not Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't have to cater to your raiding schedule like they don't have to cater to my hockey schedule. I chose what I want to do when I do it and if I miss a fishing event, ultimately it's my fault. Oh well.