Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello. Iam trying to make an macro for hamstring and piercing but i wondering if it even can be done?
    I want it to be like. If iam close enough he will use hamstring. But if iam not close enough he uses piercing howl.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyy View Post
    I am looking for a relatively simple macro, that I seem to be unable to find anywhere...

Basically, at the moment I have a macro which simply puts a skull on my target and charges in.

Now what I want is a macro which puts a skull on my target if it is an enemy, and charges in. If I mouseover a friendly target and hit it, I want it to intervene, without putting the skull on the target.

Is this possible? If so, how would I do this?
    Anyone know if such a macro is possible?

Deleted
    I am looking for a relatively simple macro, that I seem to be unable to find anywhere...

Basically, at the moment I have a macro which simply puts a skull on my target and charges in.

Now what I want is a macro which puts a skull on my target if it is an enemy, and charges in. If I mouseover a friendly target and hit it, I want it to intervene, without putting the skull on the target.

Is this possible? If so, how would I do this?
    Something like:
    Code:
    ... whatever command you charge & intervene with (remove the raid icon targetting) ...
    /stopmacro [help]
    /run SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

Quote Originally Posted by fatcamp View Post
    Hello. Iam trying to make an macro for hamstring and piercing but i wondering if it even can be done?
    I want it to be like. If iam close enough he will use hamstring. But if iam not close enough he uses piercing howl.
    sorry, such a macro is not possible.
    Macros cannot detect such things like cooldowns, distance or range, buffs, debuffs, etc.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Something like:
    Code:
    ... whatever command you charge & intervene with (remove the raid icon targetting) ...
    /stopmacro [help]
    But how would the intervene/charge part look? with the mouseover targetting on intervene?

Deleted
    But how would the intervene/charge part look? with the mouseover targetting on intervene?
    Well, you can use my Warbringer Mouseover macro in the opening post of this thread or some other variation.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, help] Intervene
    /cast [harm] Charge
    /stopmacro [help]

Deleted

help with this macro plz

- 2x 2H -> Equip shield -> Equip offhand 2H

/stopattack
    /equipslot [equipped:two-hand] 17 <Shield>
    /equipslot [equipped:shield] 17 <offhand 2H>
    /equipslot 16 <Main hand>
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Berserker Stance

this macro will switch your offhand 2hander with a shield on the first push and switch back to 2hander on the 2nd push.
    in addition it will also put you into defensive stance if you are in berserker stance on the first push and second push will switch you back to berserker stance.

This macro doesn't work on me. First push works, but when I want to get back to zerker and use both 2 handers, it won't do that as shield still in off hand slot. I am using 2 Whitefin Axe, it might be because both weps have same name ?

yes, thats actually a common problem with these macros, known since S5, but since fury hasnt been so strong since then it has never been a real issue, but with fury being more then viable for pvp now its been asked quite abit.

in conclusion, 2 of the same weapons dont work with such a macro.

i suggest you make a set through equipement manager tool with both weapons equipped and then name it something like "Blahblah" (just a random name).
    and a set with the shield equipped "Blahshield" for example.
    and make this instead

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
    /stopattack
    /equipset Blahshield
    /cast Spell Reflection
    /equipset [modifier: ctrl] Blahblah

or you can try:

/stopattack
    /equipset Blahshield
    /cast Spell Reflection
    /equipset [equipped:shield] Blahblah

if you don't use a modifier.
    Last edited by Powell; 2011-01-23 at 08:14 PM.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works, but is there a no stance changing macro for intervene or can I use the one that has the switch even though I'm already in Defensive?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    yes, thats actually a common problem with these macros, known since S5, but since fury hasnt been so strong since then it has never been a real issue, but with fury being more then viable for pvp now its been asked quite abit.

in conclusion, 2 of the same weapons dont work with such a macro.

i suggest you make a set through equipement manager tool with both weapons equipped and then name it something like "Blahblah" (just a random name).
    and a set with the shield equipped "Blahshield" for example.
    and make this instead

/stopattack
    /equipset Blahshield
    /cast Spell Reflection
    /equipset [modifier: ctrl] Blahblah

or you can try:

/stopattack
    /equipset Blahshield
    /cast Spell Reflection
    /equipset [equipped:shield] Blahblah

if you don't use a modifier.
    Doesn't work either Same thing happening, can't get both 2 handers when get back to zerker.

Hey all: I'm trying to tweek a macro that I've really enjoyed. I used it pre-Cata and was able to tweek it a little bit, but not to the point where I'm satisfied. It basically switches to my two-hander with a left mouse click and back to my one-hander and shield with a right mouse click. So far, I have:

/equipslot [equipped:two-hand] 17 Bulwark of the Primoridal Mound
    /equipslot [equipped:shield] Smite's Reaver
    /equipslot 16 Vicious Gladiator's Decapitator
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Battle Stance

I am aware the wording does not match for the slots. Currently the macro switches to my two-hander just fine on a left mouse click, but not to my one-hander and shield on a right mouse click. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Bleh; 2011-01-24 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post

- 2x 2H -> Equip shield -> Equip offhand 2H

/stopattack
    /equipslot [equipped:two-hand] 17 <Shield>
    /equipslot [equipped:shield] 17 <offhand 2H>
    /equipslot 16 <Main hand>
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Berserker Stance
    Don't know what I did on first try but now this works properly. Thanks

Any suggestions with my macro??

@ Bleh:

/equipslot [equipped:two-hand] 16 Smite's Reaver
    /equipslot 17 Bulwark of the Primoridal Mound
    /equipslot [equipped:shield] 16 Vicious Gladiator's Decapitator

there you go
    you just had the commands in the wrong positions

Tried it, it's still not working correctly for some reason. All it does is equip my one handed weapon on a right click, it doesn't equip my two hander on a left click, and completely ignores equipping my shield on the right click.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    Tried it, it's still not working correctly for some reason. All it does is equip my one handed weapon on a right click, it doesn't equip my two hander on a left click, and completely ignores equipping my shield on the right click.
    it should just switch between sword n board - two hander on any click, it just depends on what you have currently equipped.

I've tested the macro multiple times and it works just fine for me, are you sure you haven't misstyped something?

EDIT: yes you have actually, its Bulwark of the Primordial Mound
    Last edited by Powell; 2011-01-25 at 04:43 AM.

Deleted
    Focus Pummel/Shield bash macros are quite nice. Not sure if it has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    Hey all: I'm trying to tweek a macro that I've really enjoyed. I used it pre-Cata and was able to tweek it a little bit, but not to the point where I'm satisfied. It basically switches to my two-hander with a left mouse click and back to my one-hander and shield with a right mouse click. So far, I have:

/equipslot [equipped:two-hand] 17 Bulwark of the Primoridal Mound
    /equipslot [equipped:shield] Smite's Reaver
    /equipslot 16 Vicious Gladiator's Decapitator
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Battle Stance

I am aware the wording does not match for the slots. Currently the macro switches to my two-hander just fine on a left mouse click, but not to my one-hander and shield on a right mouse click. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Easiest way imo is make Equipment sets for them.
    /equipset [btn:1] TwoHandSet; [btn:2] OneHandSet
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Here is an upgraded version of your Warbringer macro I came up with.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help] Intervene;
    /castsequence [@mouseover,harm][@targettarget,harm][harm] reset=15 Charge,Intercept, Charge;

/cast [mod:shift][@mouseover,help][help] Intervene

Intervene mouseover (if nothing then..)
    Intervene target (if nothing then..)
    Charge, Intercept, Charge mouseover (if nothing then..)
    Charge, Intercept, Charge target of target (if nothing then..)
    Charge, Intercept, Charge target
    Mod:Shift Intercept mouseover/target

The modifier is only just in case. For instance if I know I am going to be Intervening an ally, I hold down shift so I don't accidentally waste a Charge or Intercept when someone walks under my cursor.

There are only a few differences, but I feel they are really necessary. First off, Intervene should be listed first, as the highest priority, that way you can keep an enemy targeted, and Intervene an ally, without having to burn through Charge and Intercept first, which wastes time, GCD's, and this macro isn't just for zipping around as fast as possible, in PvE especially it may be necessary to Intervene when your Charge/Intercept are OFF CD. Squeeze's macro doesn't allow for this.

Secondly, having the /target in the macro makes it very hard to for instance Charge a mob, Intervene an ally, and then Intercept the first (or a different) mob in a timely manner. I recommend taking the /target out entirely, but I offer an alternative. I suggest rolling the targetting into a different macro that is one of the first abilities you use when you are tanking. I recommend...

/targetnearestenemy (or /target [@mouseover])
    /cast Rend (or Thunderclap, etc...)

This solves the problem of Charging in with my macro, still having someone random targetted from before, and having to search for a target just to get one of your priority abilities off. Instead you Charge in, and cast Rend/TC just like normal.

As a minor note, only doing #showtooltip allows the macro to show the icon for Intercept when Charge is on CD, and Intervene when you have a friendly mouseover/target. This is also very useful.

I don't put /startattack in my Warbringer macro because it screws with the targetting sometimes.
    Last edited by Greedybeaver; 2011-01-31 at 06:19 PM.