Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 - Official Notes Update 11/03

Awww, frost mages are losing shatter-stacking. :[

Also, yay Flash of Light buff!

The meeting stone idea is great. It will allow helping guildies level go by so much faster.

Lay on Hands: This ability now places Forbearance on the target and cannot be used on a target with Forbearance.
    lol ? Protection Paladins ?

Shield wall lock for 2min because of LoH (and vice versa) ?

Nice patch.

I'm certainly perplexed by the arena points change, as long as they put a cap on it (maybe 400 or so points, basically let you double your weekly points if you're low rated) i think it's a decent idea.

As far as the paladin changes, Love the change to Sacred Shield, keeping it useful for prot/ret, and making it stronger for holy through the FoL HoT change. Just re-read that... nice buff for holy, and takes some power out of Prot/Ret. im actually pretty ok with this.

Lay on Hands causing forbearance on the other hand.... well I'm a bit skeptical. I think if they remove shieldwall from forbearance it's a fine change. (meaning BoP, DS, LoH cause it and are mutually exclusive. Wings can still cause the 20 second lockout, as it doesn't really affect raiding.

Pve is my thing, but for the people who spend time doing arenas wtf on their behalf, VOA pvp handouts and next this :S
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Deleted

ARENA POINTS FOR BGS!

Either they will raise the arena point cap to 20,000 or the items will all require a shitload of points each!

Shocking

Wait wait wait, is that a typo?

Infusion of Light: This talent now causes the paladin’s Flash of Light spells to heal the target for 50/100% of the Flash of Light healing amount over 12 seconds.

Theres no mention of sacred shield anywhere in that.

/crosses fingers

however, qq, I'll miss my instant flash...

15+ Year Old Account

Arena points in Battlegrounds?

Excuse me while I proceed to rub this cheese grater across my face.

Apologies for this out of date signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    The question is, will there be a CAP on BG-earned arena points, or can you grind straight to 2600?
    Arena points != Arena rating.

we have been waiting to get some arena competition though bg's since the launch of wrath we could buy decent gear with honor in bc but without arena in wrath you have nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombie
    You grow even more powerful and an item is added to your blank inventory. It is "Pair of Val'kyr Wings".

Quote Originally Posted by Overweight
    I'm certainly perplexed by the arena points change, as long as they put a cap on it (maybe 400 or so points, basically let you double your weekly points if you're low rated) i think it's a decent idea.

As far as the paladin changes, Love the change to Sacred Shield, keeping it useful for prot/ret, and making it stronger for holy through the FoL HoT change.

Lay on Hands causing forbearance on the other hand.... well I'm a bit skeptical. I think if they remove shieldwall from forbearance it's a fine change. (meaning BoP, DS, LoH cause it and are mutually exclusive. Wings can still cause the 20 second lockout, as it doesn't really affect raiding.
    I agree, they need to remove forbearance from shield wall under the prot tree. I use LoH way too much on the prot pally's in raid that I'm worried that it would counteract when they really need shield wall.

Forbearance on LoH targets is a clunky solution.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    Woot pally changes!
    agreed .

Yo nublets!!!

You are earning Arena POINTS from BGs, not Arena Rating

You can have 1,000,000 Arena Points but if you don't have the Rating they are as useful as cocoa seeds are as legal tender.

Good idea IMO, will help those good players get their earned armor sooner instead of waiting a couple of weeks for those points.

EDIT___________________________________
    Will also give good players an incentive to do (and win) BGs - faster Q times, better BG player quality.

arena points for bgs... Lolwut?

also, lower army damage makes baby Jesus cry. Or at least it makes me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Robur
    Arena points != Arena rating.
    Yeah, reread that and should've corrected myself.

zomg fire ele on every boss hell ya
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

Here's what I think the jest of it is.

Forbearance can solve a lot the OP QQ about Ret pallies.

If LoH caused Forbearance when used on self and can not be used when you have Forbearance then it becomes a one or the other situation. Use DP become invulnerable, do half damage, break aggro and heal or use LoH. The Forbearance cool downs forces a Ret pally to pick one or the other and the Proc/Holy tree (deep down) can remove or reduce the Forbearance cool downs period.

There by better balance for PvE vs PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelae
    lol ? Protection Paladins ?

Shield wall lock for 2min because of LoH (and vice versa) ?

Nice patch.
    They could easily bake it into some deep Prot talent that drops the Forbearance time for those tanking CDs. It's still not the best solution for LoH, but definitely better than "can't use on yourself".

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    I want to see Halls of Reflection open... :/
    Me too

People still have to get the ratings for the points. I guess just less of a grind now. 8) :-\