Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Quel'delar for tanks, ele shamans and boomkins?

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    Add that Druids have 0% magic damage reduction tools, gg
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57877
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

You are welcome

Having myself a Druid tank and a Dk tank, i think -20% dodge wont hurt my Dk that much because i still have more mitigation ( read: no avoidance) tools available than my druid. While such theorycrafting you mention can be valid, i dont think any top end raiding guilds will pick a Druid mting the place... yet to be seen

http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/200...nce-bears.html

Gogo read...

-Kumar
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/2009/10/general-druid-icewell-radiance-bears.html

stop the QQ *sigh*

You are welcome

Having myself a Druid tank and a Dk tank, i think -20% dodge wont hurt my Dk that much because i still have more mitigation ( read: no avoidance) tools available than my druid. While such theorycrafting you mention can be valid, i dont think any top end raiding guilds will pick a Druid mting the place... yet to be seen

/facepalm

It's people like you... Fill in the rest.

What you fail to realize is that -20% Dodge, is -20% dodge. It doesn't matter if a Warr tank or a Druid loses 20% dodge. They are both losing 20% avoidance. Let's say, for example, that as a warr you have 20% dodge and 20% Parry. A Druid of equal gear would then have 40% dodge. Out of 10 attacks, you'd both be hit by 6 of them (In theory). So, you'd take roughly the same amount of damage. No lets factor in ICC Radiance. You now have 20% parry and 0% dodge. An equal geared druid would now have 20% dodge. Out of 10 attacks, you would both take 8 hits. Again, taking roughly the same amount of damage.

Now, this doesn't factor in other forms of avoidance that differ, but really those come up to be close to the same as well. You can also block, but the druid has savage defense (Does roughly the same thing).

So explain to me good sir, how does ICC Radiance hurt Druids more than any other class if it affects them in the exact same way, and they both are losing the exact same amount of effective avoidance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis

/facepalm

It's people like you... Fill in the rest.

What you fail to realize is that -20% Dodge, is -20% dodge. It doesn't matter if a Warr tank or a Druid loses 20% dodge. They are both losing 20% avoidance. Let's say, for example, that as a warr you have 20% dodge and 20% Parry. A Druid of equal gear would then have 40% dodge. Out of 10 attacks, you'd both be hit by 6 of them (In theory). So, you'd take roughly the same amount of damage. No lets factor in ICC Radiance. You now have 20% parry and 0% dodge. An equal geared druid would now have 20% dodge. Out of 10 attacks, you would both take 8 hits. Again, taking roughly the same amount of damage.

Now, this doesn't factor in other forms of avoidance that differ, but really those come up to be close to the same as well. You can also block, but the druid has savage defense (Does roughly the same thing).

So explain to me good sir, how does ICC Radiance hurt Druids more than any other class if it affects them in the exact same way, and they both are losing the exact same amount of effective avoidance?
    And when you then consider the druids far better EH, then how can druids be the ones hurt the most from this?

We're defo gonna go with a druid MT for ICC. No doubt about it. (We do that already tho)

-Kumar
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/2009/10/general-druid-icewell-radiance-bears.html

stop the QQ *sigh*

Stop signing your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    You shouldn't post if you don't know what you're talking about. Druid tanks will be the least affected by Icecrown Radiance. There's some great theorycrafting and a really good blog post as to why that is. This instance-wide debuff will hit all other tank classes much harder than it will druids.

Soo, thanks for a useless post

Cheers,
    Venara
    Because they can still block, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Saliz
    Stop signing your posts.

Finally something for elemental shamans. WOO

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

A man must realize its own failure. I do, you´re right guys

But i found amusing the chain quoting
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagga
    Prot pallies
    Prot warriors
    I have both of them. And i dont need/want a tank Quel Delar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    You forgot shadow priests and they are replacing the mp5 on the caster mace with haste to make it usable by those three caster dps specs, however thy don't plan on making a tank one... read the main page news please...
    gg quoting the op from before that news was added, then acuse him of not seeing the future. Yes the mp4->haste fixes the problem for every class/spec cept tanks, and I couldnt care less about them. /end thread
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    I have both of them. And i dont need/want a tank Quel Delar.
    This

I'd rather have the upgrade for my off spec.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Every class can use the rewards.

If you're a prot warrior/paladin or ele sham or boomkin, you can respec and use the QD you chose. Ignoring that your class has multiple roles and pigheadedly demanding a reward for your spec from an already lore-tastic and well rewarding quest is being greedy, and wasting potential.

Sure you "rolled your class to tank, nothing else", but that's like buying a game console to watch movies on. Sure, you can watch movies real well on them, but you're missing a ton of the fun they give because you refuse to use part of what they can do. Go out and experience all aspects of your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Ignoring that your class has multiple roles and pigheadedly demanding a reward for your spec from an already lore-tastic and well rewarding quest is being greedy, and wasting potential.
    Welcome to World of Hybridcraft, where hybrids act as pures just because they can.

Here is some good reading for anyone interested in some thoughtful debate about the QD kerfuffle. It gets interesting on page 2.

<a href=http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/58030-quel-delar-no-tank-version.html>Quel-Delar: No tank version?</a>

Yeah I read somewhere they care changing the crit/mp5/sp one to crit/haste/sp, woot !

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Yeah I read somewhere they care changing the crit/mp5/sp one to crit/haste/sp, woot !
    that makes me a sad panda as a resto druid i was looking forward to going for the mp5 mace
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara