Clarifying Quel'Delar questline for Alliance, spoilers

Just finished it on PTR and thought i'd share it with you guys. Below are the steps to acquire it:

1) Obtain the Battered Hilt which is a zone drop from all 3 IC heroics, droprate seems to be ~1 hilt per 2 heroics or something.

2) Bring it to Caladis Brightspear or his Horde equivalent in Icecrown, Quel'Delar's Rest.

3) Bring it to Krasus, who will explain to you the sword's origin, but then Kalecgos shows up. The two dragons will have an argument about whether the sword must be used by the mortal races but Alexstrasza insists on re-forging and using the blade.

4) Bring it back to Caladis Brightspear.

5) Watch a cool event with Queen Lana'thel (Lath'anel?) "destroying" the sword.

6) Go to Dalaran and speak with the Silver Covenant/Sunreaver ambassador (Arcanist Tybalin for alliance, found in the silver enclave 1st floor), which is a new NPC.

7) Go to the sewers where the vendor that sells you the Ghostly Skull is and slay a 15k health mob which hits rather hard on clothies and retrieve the Sunreaver Documents from him.

8) Return to Arcanist Tybalin.

9) You will need a Sunreaver disguise to enter the Horde sanctum in Dalaran, so you go to the balcony of The Threads of Fate (by the side of the toy store), where you have to complete a challenge (similar to the Kungaloosh quest) that involves helping a gnome doing his laundry.

10) Use the disguise to go unnoticed inside the Horde sanctum in Dalaran and receive the Sunreaver Orders from inside the Horde inn.

11) Return to Arcanist Tybalin and then to Caladis Brightspear.

12) You will need to re-forge the sword so you must go to the Pit of Saron (difficulty doesnt matter) and retrieve 5 Infused Saronite Bars, which can be found on some tents to the left and right as soon as you enter. You dont have to pull any mobs so this is entirely soloable. The thing is that there are only 3 bars each reset so you'll need to go out and reset it once, then enter again and get the rest.
    However, to fully re-forge the sword, you will need to kill the 1st boss (Forgemaster Garfrost), retrieve his hammer, and use the sword remnants together with the infused saronite bars on the Forgemaster's Anvil to forge the blade. CONFIRMED that this is soloable in normal mode as a well-geared protection paladin. If you're not a protection paladin but cba to get a group, just 2-man this, pretty easy. If you know the instance you can also reach the Forgemaster without pulling more than 4 elite skeletons.

13) Return to Caladis Brightspear, who is now in the Frozen Halls of Icecrown Citadel.

14) You now need to temper the sword so you must go to the Forge of Souls (again, difficulty doesnt matter) with a FULL group, kill the last boss (Devourer of Souls) and use your sword on the anvil in the last room.

15) Return to Caladis Brightspear.

16) For some reason, the sword's full potential hasnt been unlocked yet. Bring it to the Halls of Reflection (again difficulty doesnt matter, i think), where Quel'Delar will "sense the presence of Frostmourne" and start flying around, before it becomes aggressive and stats attacking. It has 200k health and doesnt hit hard, again soloable as a protection paladin.

17) The sword is finally "purified" and the only thing you need is its former wielder's blessing. Travel to Isle of Quel'Danas and speak to the NPC outside the sunwell. He will require that you go to the southern side of the island and seek the remains of Thalorien Dawnseeker (for those who remember, he's in the Dead Scar, to the south of where Brutallus used to be).

18) When you find Thalorien, you will see an image of the past, which shows you the Scourge invading Sunwell and Thalorien dismissing his squad to save their lives. You will fight alongside Thalorien (44k hp, ~1000 dmg per swing) against:
    Wave 1: Five 12k health zombies
    Wave 2: Five 15k health ghouls
    Wave 3: Three 18k health spiders with a ranged attack.
    Wave 4: A human DK whose name i cant remember, 38k health cant say how much he hits for on cloth but for safety, better let Thalorien aggro him a bit.

19) After Thalorien gives you his blessing, return to the NPC in front of Sunwell, then talk to the guard right next to him and you will be teleported inside Sunwell Plateau, about where M'uru used to be. Go down the stairs and enter the last room, there will be a lot of Blood Elves including Lor'Themar Theron and Rommath. Use your sword in the middle of the room so that it finally is completed. Then Lor'Themar tries to take the sword, but as soon as he touches it he gets knockbacked and loses half his health. The nearby guards then freeze you up (could be because i'm alliance) and go "What is the meaning of this treachery???" but some dude explains that Quel'Delar chooses its wielded, not the opposite. You are then allowed by Rommath to take the sword and leave.

20) Return to Caladis Brightspear who is now back in Icecrown, Quel'Delar's Rest.

21) Go to Dalaran and speak to Vereesa Windrunner to choose your reward and earn your achievement.

Hope this helped :)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Re: Clarifying Quel'Delar questline for Alliance *spoilers*

Nnnnice.. i rly wanna see that sunwell part tho >
    Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Deathpwn

nice. i want it on my dk lol (also on my rogue would be fine but as mutilate i don't use it :P)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

thx a lot, very good works

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Nicely done, thank you very much
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Nicely done, thank you very much
    My pleasure!

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    9) You will need a Sunreaver disguise to enter the Horde sanctum in Dalaran, so you go to the balcony of The Threads of Fate (by the side of the toy store), where you have to complete a challenge (similar to the Kungaloosh quest) that involves helping a gnome doing his laundry.
    i believed it until i read the bolded part

Quote Originally Posted by I heal in Shadowform
    i believed it until i read the bolded part
    It's true though lol, I've done this on the PTR and probably one of the most fun parts about this quest chain