Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Corpse Tounge Coin... can't grasp it

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    At the same time, though, avoidance has qualitative effects based on its reliability or lack thereof.
    If your avoidance is high enough that you commonly avoid, say, 4 attacks in a row, then healers can actually intelligently conserve based on that (assuming your stamina is high enough to let them feel safe.) Granted, nobody cares about conserving mana right now, but as a general principle, it is there.

I think your point is good to keep in mind when evaluating avoidance.
    I think that it's also good for tanks to keep in mind the exponential side of it, where 30->31% removes ~1.45% of your incoming damage on average, whereas 70->71% reduces ~3.45%.

Both are useful interpretations of the benefits.
    I know someone mentioned it before, and maybe I don't understand the context your using it in, but what does it matter what percent of damage is being reduced? It's still the same damage.

If an attack would hit for 1000 damage, then on average when you go from 30>31% avoidance, you will reduced damage by .31*1000 - .30*1000 = 310-300 = 10. When you go from 70>71% avoidance, you reduce the damage by .71*1000 - .70*1000 = 710-700 = 10. So in both cases, they are reducing the damage by 10, it doesn't matter how much they have initially.

By reducing avoidance, boss attack speed, and boss attack damage, the damage will be spaced out more, as to now where tanks need to stack stamina so they don't get gimped by RNG when 2 attacks in a row hit for 25k each. It'll make it so healers have more constant healing and won't have to precast, but rather constantly cast heals, and for other stats other than stamina to be more beneficial relative to stamina.

Re: Corpse Tounge Coin... can't grasp it

Hey Juke Skywalker,

Don't call me a moron, because sir, with 19 total posts you must be a whizzkid of infinite wisdom on these boards, probably most clever to start calling others a moron... please take a look into your mirror on the wall (if you have one).

For others, thanks for the posts. I will try to clarify why I asked the question. One poster said:

Its all in line with blizz strategy. They remove 20% dodge instead of making bosses hit harder. This makes sta less important (after a point where you can take two hits in a row and live) and avoidance more important since you want to keep healers from going oom. Now this ofc requires the healers to be able to go oom ^^
    With TOC, anyone doing TOC hardmodes 10 or 25 man, know that the only stat to look for is stamina. Don't care about ilevels and such - just stamina. Why stamina? Because they designed TOC to make sure you can't dodge any damage you take - look at all bossess up to Anub Arak (the only exception) - avoidance didnt really matter when tanking them.

Gormok the impaler killed you with impales, undodgable, unmitigable damage where your armor doesn't count = the way forward was stamina. Heroic Twins damage you badly with spells - no armor, no dodge can save you there.

With the new "Blizzard" philosophy arrives a wide range of items for you to choose from - more trinkets than ever, more choices than ever before. Hence me questioning an item, that increases dodge by 3% and gives armor in certain situations. Compare that with Heart of Iron trinket from Ignis, compare this trinket with Satrina's Impeding Scarab... was just wondering if anyone found this trinket to be better or good at any situational use.

Something more in favor of stamina (warrior):
    - Most tanks agree (quite a lot if you visit the theorycrafting forums) that stamina is the only way forward.
    - Argument to that is the following:
    --- In raid, you have 40k HP without a stamina trinket, but have 23% dodge or 41.8k HP with stamina trinket, and 21% dodge.
    --- Boss hits you hard 2x. Heals don't land between the 2 hits. Boss hits you for 20.5k (two times, lets say in 1 second).
    --- If you had dodge trinket on, you have 2% more chance to live if you are lucky.
    --- If you had stamina trinket on, you have 100% more chance to live.
    The above scenario happened to me many many times, with disconnects, lag, unrealiability of avoidance. This is the typical scenario in raiding environment, if you use your gear to run high-end raids, not the 5-mans again. I was just questioning the design idea behind the trinket. Besides the easyness of copy/paste for devs.