Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: mind flay clipping

Keep in mind that my reply was posted prior to your editing that post. Including what I referenced in your original statement to a 'stupid amount' of haste.

Okaaaay. My GCD is 1.27 without raid buffs and without heroism. It is perfectly possible to do the opening rotation and then SW:P before MB is ready again in many circumstances, even without clipping MF. With the right trinket proc/use you'd even have time to spare.

Not to mention that each tick of MF causes a stack of shadow weaving so you have nothing to gain by casting SW... so if this is what you're doing, I suggest you stop it.
    Without checking I'm pretty sure this only stacks to 5 which would already have been achieved if you clip at MF:2. As I said earlier it's not something I usually do unless I'm forced to move, but I'm fairly certain that SW is considered preferable to 1 tick of MF due to the base damage plus the coefficient (MF 25ish% per tick and SW 40ish%) and cannot really be said to do 'comparable damage', particularly as the general rule of thumb is if you have approximately one GCD left before other priorities become available, it is always considered better to use SW instead of MF.

Given what someone else worked out earlier in the thread, it looks perfectly reasonable to delay MB by a fraction of a second if it helps get SW in.

Worshaka, rather than admit you took a perfectly innocuous comment out of all proportion, perhaps you'd instead like to throw more spreadsheets at me?
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie
    Okaaaay. My GCD is 1.27 without raid buffs and without heroism. It is perfectly possible to do the opening rotation and then SW:P before MB is ready again in many circumstances, even without clipping MF. With the right trinket proc/use you'd even have time to spare.

Without checking I'm pretty sure this only stacks to 5 which would already have been achieved if you clip at MF:2. As I said earlier it's not something I usually do unless I'm forced to move, but I'm fairly certain that SW is considered preferable to 1 tick of MF due to the base damage plus the coefficient (MF 25ish% per tick and SW 40ish%) and cannot really be said to do 'comparable damage', particularly as the general rule of thumb is if you have approximately one GCD left before other priorities become available, it is always considered better to use SW instead of MF.

Given what someone else worked out earlier in the thread, it looks perfectly reasonable to delay MB by a fraction of a second if it helps get SW in.

Worshaka, rather than admit you took a perfectly innocuous comment out of all proportion, perhaps you'd instead like to throw more spreadsheets at me?
    Again you assume you can clip MF2 perfectly which won't be the case, add in the lag effect, user reaction time etc and you'll be delaying MB or you will be trying to time it so perfectly that you'll clip MF at 1 tick for SW... it simply isn't worth doing it.