Thread: Explosive trap

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Explosive trap

with the recent change to this trap on 3.3 should we go back to the old days of trap dancing or this just a nice pvp buff for us. Also with the glyph it seems like crazy damage if you include this in pvp with frost trap and explosive = win? Or will SV hunters benifit the most with this?

Re: Explosive trap

you didnt read the same patch notes as everyone else i think... there wasnt any change to exp trap last time i checked. Could you please post a link?

10+ Year Old Account

What spiritbx said
    Vol'jin fanboy

15+ Year Old Account

Doing a search for Explosive Trap at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html you get one hit in the bug section.

Explosive Trap: The damage from this trap will now scale properly with the hunter's attack power.
    This one change isn't going to make trap dancing viable. Black arrow is 100 times better than trap dance since they adjusted the proc on it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Leggomyeggo
    Doing a search for Explosive Trap at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html you get one hit in the bug section.

This one change isn't going to make trap dancing viable. Black arrow is 100 times better than trap dance since they adjusted the proc on it.
    Just checked out ptr and a single explosive trap does on avarage 11K dmg to a single target for its full duration.

Tryed glyphing it for fun and its did as much as 23K dmg :P

IF it goes live in its current state it blows BA out of the water 10 fold.

Concidering its aoe as well, and have a 100% chance to procc L&L

For me it does 9500 dmg and i have decent gear ???

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy
    Just checked out ptr and a single explosive trap does on avarage 11K dmg to a single target for its full duration.

This -demands- more testing. Trap dancing is what really differentiated Survival from everything else and made it a fun and challenging spec to play.

I does some test on heroic dummy and saw a dps increase of 300-400 from BA to Trap dancing, but i think most come from the lnl buff in 3.3.
    Without the explosive trap glyph!
    But a big problem is the latency, on live i run with 50-70 ms, there 300 ms +

Im not a man of numbers like the rest of u folks i just like to have fun but if im able to kite a dummy in a explosive trap+frost trap and deal 20k damage then so be it then i will call it the great LOL trap just like the warrior LOL whirlwind haha. And also not to sound like a troll but yea i was looking at the recent change and it seems like a nice buff to me to play around with and i was impressed. i havent glyphed for it yet cause inscription cost a alot on the ptr unless they have the vendors up i havent checked but i will love to see a crazy buff like that go live

Confirmed.

I have 6150AP unbuffed/self buffed and one Explosive Trap on a lvl 83 dummy gave me 32,950 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak99
    Confirmed.

I have 6150AP unbuffed/self buffed and one Explosive Trap on a lvl 83 dummy gave me 32,950 damage.

Confirmed.

any logs or recount?

Deleted

Confirmed.

You hit the nearby lower level dummys aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy

its obviously not gonna go live lol

Confirmed.

if thats single target that would mean 33k/6150=5.3-30%(for crits, estimating roughly)=3.71

so the damage would be 3 times your RAP + base damage about... beating any other skill in the whole game.

its proly just a programer typo like 3 instead of .3 maybe

I'd like to know more about this, SS or recounts.
    Also a link to the statement made by blizz?

Just tried it myself on the PTR, on a 12k hp mob in Icecrown since I couldnt be arsed going to a dummy. The mob had about 3.5k left after the explosive trap ran out.

So no, nowhere near 30k or w/e.

(I have 6.3k RAP ub)

Quote Originally Posted by Infs
    Just tried it myself on the PTR, on a 12k hp mob in Icecrown since I couldnt be arsed going to a dummy. The mob had about 3.5k left after the explosive trap ran out.

So no, nowhere near 30k or w/e.

(I have 6.3k RAP ub)
    Glyphs? Spec? Recount? Screenshot?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    Glyphs? Spec? Recount? Screenshot?
    That was without the glyph, SV specced.

bump for more info

odds are very good that the trap hit multiple dummies.

if not, this would be the biggest single-step buff to any ability in the history of the game iirc XD