Lost Authenticator...

Is there anyway if I have lost my Blizzard Authenticator to actually, either get rid of it from my account, or whatnot. I can't seem to log onto battle.net in order to de-activate it... If I can do this, then I could link my iPhone authenticator up with it. Little help please (Got a brother wanting help with a Quest like, now xD )

Much obliged <3

Re: Lost Authenticator...

Calling Blizzard is going to be your best bet. I'm told the process for this is insane, and much more rigorous than retrieving a hacked account. I hope for your sake that I'm wrong, and it'll be painless.

Hopefully the iPhone app is good to you, but remember that iPhones are kinda high on the priority list for thieves. I'd just get another authenticator, and be sure to actually attach it to your keychain. After all, if you lose your keys to your house/vehicle/work, then getting on WoW is going to be the least of your concerns.

15+ Year Old Account

You need to call customer service off wow's tech support page. You'll need your secret word and cd-key for original wow.

I lost mine this summer and then found it a couple weeks later. It's a pretty painless process if you have your information. If you have the authenticator
    number that will speed things up also.

-T
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

It's normally close by my computer, but it seems to have disappeared, kinda worried my dog actually ate it (she eats plastic things). My iPhone is with me all the time, have had it for a while, and would hope no-one would steal it xD. Phoning them seems my best bet then cheers again

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=24660

What happens if I lose my Blizzard Authenticator? Do I lose the account it's linked to?

If you lose your Blizzard Authenticator, you will need to contact Billing and Account Services team for assistance. Our representatives will be able to assist you with regaining account access by verifying certain secure information with you.

10+ Year Old Account

Just make sure when you call them you have your CD keys handy. And that it's the right key. We have, I think 5 hard copies of WoW between 2 people, and that was a freaking nightmare to try to figure out which one was my fiance's main account (they're marked now) when he had to call to have it deactivated due to an iPhone change. (Literally going from the 1st gen to the 3Gs. We just didn't think to deactivate it before popping the sim card out.)

Quote Originally Posted by Raeina
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=24660

What happens if I lose my Blizzard Authenticator? Do I lose the account it's linked to?

If you lose your Blizzard Authenticator, you will need to contact Billing and Account Services team for assistance. Our representatives will be able to assist you with regaining account access by verifying certain secure information with you.
    A GM!

Yehh, will have a look, I'm EU by the way but thanks so much for the help guys <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zukiji
    A GM!

Yehh, will have a look, I'm EU by the way but thanks so much for the help guys <3
    hehe I thought I lost mine too a few weeks ago and had a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeina
    hehe I thought I lost mine too a few weeks ago and had a heart attack.
    ok, case closed, managed to find it in my dog's food bowl, underneath her biscuits... Been looking for it for about an hour aswell xD

Thanks so much guys, a moderator can close this post now if they want or whatnot <3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    if you lose your keys to your house/vehicle/work, then getting on WoW is going to be the least of your concerns.
    Getting on WoW is priority #1

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    hehe break the window -> get on wow

Okay, so I'm in this situation. My original CD Key is long gone, but I recently purchased Cataclysm. Would that CD key work for the purpose of getting past the authenticator?

10+ Year Old Account
    Call support. They wont use your CD key as the way to get past it - they'll need you to verify who you are through some other means that they will explain over the phone.

My phone stopped working the other day and I had to get the Authenticator removed from my battle.net account. It was a fairly painless process that took a couple of extra minutes because I couldn't find any of my game keys. They asked for my WoW key or SCII key, but I would assume that you could use any of the WoW expansion keys to verify. Also have the credit card bound to the account handy, they need that info as well. They were really nice and cool and should take less than 10 minutes. Good luck!

I just had this happen to me.

There are multiple ways to get it taken off, if you have the serial number from the one you lost give it to them, you wrote this number down right?

Guess not moving on...

If you have CD keys for Blizzard games the Authenticator is tied to (such as WoW and SC2(note they must be active for over 30 days)) use them.

They ask for a secret password answer it, also let them you know you want to answer BOTH secret questions, you have two one for when you set up WoW or other Blizzard games and another for your Battle.net account the correct answer to BOTH of your secret questions is enough to untie an authenticator.

So you had a few drunken night and forgot what your mothers maiden name was well, your last chance is to FAX a copy of your State/Drivers license to Blizzard (call or look online for the Fax number and MAKE sure if you look at it online it is legit and not from w\/\/w.immalogginyourkeys.c0m).

Other than that if you are pressed for time or do not know when you can get it removed you can actually (this is funny) cancel the payments to the account even if you cannot remove authenticator. I would suggest ordering a new one asap even before you get the old one untied, to help secure the account once the new one is in your possession call Blizzard untie the lost one and tie your new one to it. They take 3-15 days to reach you since they are sent out in bulk, they said my replacement would take 6 days, I got it in 3.