Poll: Would you like to see Naxxramas as a big kind of heroic instance option?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Make Naxxramas a 5-man instance!

I would really love the oppertunity to be able to run Naxxramas as a 5-man group, like a big, hard heroic instance.

Today we have Trial of the Champion and the generous benefits from the emblems dropped from heroic dungeons. Good if you ask some, bad if you ask others. Point is that I was able to ding 80, run heroics, and 1-2-3, I was geared enough to do ToC 10/ToC 25.

Now, Im the kind of player that gets goose bumps from special surroundings, and Naxxramas is something special to me.

With gear in 10-man being more or less equal to the gear that drops in Trial of the Champion 5-man heroic, why not make a 5-man version of Naxxramas?

In that way, and in my opinion, players would not ignore Naxxramas, and it would be awesome to be able to take an evening, and instead of going heroic farming, you join a 5-man group to clear this awesome instance in a bunch of hours, to get gear and emblems.

Naxxramas should as a 5-man instance still be harder than the average heroics and even harder than Trial of the Champion due to the strategy aspects of some bosses, and would require some better gear than fresh-dinged green/blue-gear, but doable if you got a group with about 6-9k DPS, a hitcapped tank and a quite good healer.

That way Naxxramas would still live on and would not be abandoned as it often gets on some realms, because it is an really awesome instance.

And ofcourse, we would want 5-man versions of the "Sapphirion's Demise", "Kel'Thuzads Defeat" and "The Fall of Naxxramas". ;-)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Make Naxxramas a 5-man instance!

I wouldn't be surprised if some video or somethin' gets linked soon of a group of five clearing ten-man Naxx..

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted

With the right set off people i already 5-man Naxx xP
    Well most part. all the DPS races we do with 2 extra

Death Knight tank (Me)
    Feral Druid (DPS / Offtank)
    Warlock
    Shadow Priest (DPS/Offheal)
    Resto Druid

Those i mostly do it wit

Lol@Ladinn

I agree, I'd love to see a 5-man version of Naxx. It would be like the normal naxx, but with updated gear and somewhat heroic difficulty bosses.. Of course I'd like the bosses to have at least 800k HP for somewhat of a challenge. And I mean AT LEAST! They can have up to 2000k HP if I had my will The players would be able to do it and it would take some time to get them down. :P I mean.. Onyxia has 4.500k HP in 10-man and almost everyone can one-shot it.. If this becomes a reality, I'd be grateful to Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

make naxxramas a 1 man instance! i mean really, how even raids there anymore :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    Lol@Ladinn

I agree, I'd love to see a 5-man version of Naxx. It would be like the normal naxx, but with updated gear and somewhat heroic difficulty bosses.. Of course I'd like the bosses to have at least 800k HP for somewhat of a challenge. And I mean AT LEAST! They can have up to 2000k HP if I had my will The players would be able to do it and it would take some time to get them down. :P I mean.. Onyxia has 4.500k HP in 10-man and almost everyone can one-shot it.. If this becomes a reality, I'd be grateful to Blizz.
    Not funny!
    Ok, We wipe like 100 times or something but we still do it

And rather want a boss that takes 2 hours to kill... Till it hurts in your fingers Rawr!

Fun to see the debate. :-) Imo, I always loved when Blizzard has paid tribute to older segments of the World of Warcraft. Making Naxxramas 10/25 from a 40-man version was a natural step with Wrath of the Lich King. Imo, making it a hard 5-man heroic from a 10/25 with the release of Icecrown Citadel / Cataclysm would me nothing more than logic.

agreed making it a five man with some new fun loot would be awsome.
    i doubt blizz will put effort in it tho :-\

will never happen...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

They wouldn't even need to add new loot, just have it drop 1 item from the 10-man / boss + emblem, end bosses of the wing drop T7 or T7.5 token + 1 item + emblem.

That being done the T7 tokens should be class universal and not specific. I.e. any class should be able to roll for the token and be able to trade it for a T7 or T7.5 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasil
    They wouldn't even need to add new loot, just have it drop 1 item from the 10-man / boss + emblem, end bosses of the wing drop T7 or T7.5 token + 1 item + emblem.

That being done the T7 tokens should be class universal and not specific. I.e. any class should be able to roll for the token and be able to trade it for a T7 or T7.5 piece.
    what the hell would be the point in running it then? naxx 10 loot blows.

You can 5 man naxx already.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

10+ Year Old Account

Just a question... who the freck does up to NINE k dps on a 5 man raid??
    As a hunter, i can see that u can do even moore if u do volley on big packs of mobs, bot on bosses... no way....
    6-9k dps is normal for 25 man raiding.

I´m normaly at about 6kdps, with mostly 45 gear item level from ToC 25 / onyxia 25, but i still get lowerd to about 3-4 k dps in 5 man ... so what class can put out 9k on 5 man? I wanna reroll that class!

There are some fights that have to be completely changed to fit a regular 5-man group.

Whole Military Quarter:
    Instructor Razuvious - MC have to be removed, even with orb it will be hard/impossible to do with 5. It have to be normal tank/spank boss.
    Gothik the Harvester - Door removed and the group have to move from left to right all the time.
    The Four Horsemen - You have to remove stacking debuff from each horseman, as they have to be tanked with only 1-2 players - so no rotation possible.

Parts of Construct Quarter:
    Gluth - Tank switch with 1 tank ? Adds kite ?
    Thaddius - Small bosses before him have to be removed, as splitting 5-man group in 2 will be ... strange ?

Kel'Thuzad - Adds removed (not the Phase 1, but the later ones that have to be offtanked)

With these changes it can be tuned for 5 man, but then that will not be Naxx. As each instance is not only scenery, but also boss mechanics, it will be less fun if you change them.

From other hand, 10 man groups were considered "heroics" in the past (UBRS for example), so 10-man Naxx is ok enough.

Naxxramas as a 5-man in WotLK? I doubt it. In Cataclysm? Hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonspawn
    Just a question... who the freck does up to NINE k dps on a 5 man raid??
    That would be the TOTAL dps required of the group. Not per man.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew
    what the hell would be the point in running it then? naxx 10 loot blows.
    Not for an average purple/blue geared player. Trinkets and rings are still rare.

10+ Year Old Account

That would be the TOTAL dps required of the group. Not per man.
    Then i got no objection

Today we have Trial of the Champion and the generous benefits from the emblems dropped from heroic dungeons. Good if you ask some, bad if you ask others. Point is that I was able to ding 80, run heroics, and 1-2-3, I was geared enough to do ToC 10/ToC 25.
    now thats the first problem. I have 7 level 80s and I don't want the easemode gearing that's the reality of WoW today. it should take some effort to get good gear imo, not being carried.
    With gear in 10-man being more or less equal to the gear that drops in Trial of the Champion 5-man heroic, why not make a 5-man version of Naxxramas?
    totc hc gives gear that's equal to ulduar 10mode, better than naxx25 gear. (although not so diverse).

Naxxramas should as a 5-man instance still be harder than the average heroics and even harder than Trial of the Champion due to the strategy aspects of some bosses, and would require some better gear than fresh-dinged green/blue-gear, but doable if you got a group with about 6-9k DPS, a hitcapped tank and a quite good healer.
    6-9k dps to do a heroic? that's more than the required number for totc!

you'll still have some mighty big problems on fights like thaddius with only one tank and one healer.

but my biggest problems with naxx being a 5-ma instance is it's vastness. if you can get together a 5-man pug to run the whole instance then surely you can put together a 10-man doing the same since it'll take you a while. I think most people (including myself) got so damn bored of the instance since it was cleared in one evening + maly + sarth so people that was raiding in a 10man guild at the time won't set a foot or hoof in that place for a long while. so I vote a big no for the suggestion.

In 3.3 Naxx will be a part of the "weekly raid" quests.
    Since alot of guilds are overgeared, they can just run it for quick badges. You might even be lucky and get to tag along.

And no, Naxxramas will never become a 5-man instance.