Scrolling between action bars

Hello all

I have to request some help here since I have tryed everything and looked allover for the answer on the forums and can´t find any solution.

Addon that I´m using is:
    Bartender4

On my main I use Shift + scroll up and down and I allways go fro bar1 to bar2. No thing more. So if I scroll up two times I end back in bar1.
    Now on all my alts I allways scroll from to the next bar all they way to bar6. So if I scroll up I go to bar6 or if I scroll down two times I end in bar3.

Does anyone know how to set this up? could I maybe set it so I go from bar 1 to 3 or something?

hope someone understand me and can help

thx
    Kanrell <Manic Zealots> EU-Kazzak

Re: Scrolling between action bars

It has nothing to do with bartender 4. The shift + scrolling came from the number of bars you are using from the interface.

Interface -> ActionBars -> if you check all options from bottom left/right bars, you will only have Bar 1 and Bar 2 to scroll.

If unchecked, you can scroll bar 1 - 6.

Thank you so much. I can´t belive I spend all this time going over bartender4 options

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Onatala
    . . .Interface -> ActionBars -> if you check all options from bottom left/right bars, you will only have Bar 1 and Bar 2 to scroll.

If unchecked, you can scroll bar 1 - 6.
    I thought those check-boxes were to enable/disable which Action Bars were displayed...
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    . . .*Giefs Valquirie a cookie jar*

Aww, thank you. ^_^

Actually Bartender has options for this as well. If you type in /bt and click on bar1 it's under State Configurations. I like having mine set so that it scrolls between bar 1 and bar X when I hold down alt, shift, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Valquirie
    I thought those check-boxes were to enable/disable which Action Bars were displayed...
    They are, but if left unchecked you may scroll through all of the bars with Shift + Mouse Wheel.

Why would u use scroll?? .....

Quote Originally Posted by Spaviel
    Uncommonly used abilities put on another action bar while using the scroll option makes it extremely efficient to use via keybindings. While you could just keybind an ability, putting it on another action bar and scrolling to that bar can allow you to use the same 1-6 for instance instead of having to press another keybind to activate an ability. Kinda difficult to explain but spells that aren't used often it can be very efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Uncommonly used abilities put on another action bar while using the scroll option makes it extremely efficient to use via keybindings. While you could just keybind an ability, putting it on another action bar and scrolling to that bar can allow you to use the same 1-6 for instance instead of having to press another keybind to activate an ability. Kinda difficult to explain but spells that aren't used often it can be very efficient.
    and people who do this use shift +2 shift +3 shift +1, etc. Since it is less prone to mistakes than scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaviel
    The same reason why my holy priest has bar #2 filled up with healing spells and bar #1 for dps when I'm questing or grinding. You don't really need to scroll bars while raiding but it helps.

On my druid, the bar #2 is mostly empty and never been used cuz I never really had a reason to fill it until the day I got sick of looking for daily objects in my bag and decided to put it on Bar #2.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    and people who do this use shift +2 shift +3 shift +1, etc. Since it is less prone to mistakes than scrolling.
    Yea scrolling is a bad term to use for it but that's what it is, it's not necessarily using the mouse to change the bars.

Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but with my bartender I have the second bar layed out above my first one. I keybound the first through third as shift 1, 2, or 3 respectfully. Now if I accidentally hit 4 instead of 3 it changes my bottom bar. This is an issue because when I go to press one to conflag, conflag is no longer my 1 button but something else is. Is there a way to prevent it changing my bottom bar when I press shift and a number that isn't already bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Charon544
    Is there a way to prevent it changing my bottom bar when I press shift and a number that isn't already bound?
    how about you just change the keybinding for that?
    and just in case: press ESC, klick keybindings, scroll down where it has shift+# bound and remove it.

it's almost too easy to not come up with it oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon544
    Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but with my bartender I have the second bar layed out above my first one. I keybound the first through third as shift 1, 2, or 3 respectfully. Now if I accidentally hit 4 instead of 3 it changes my bottom bar. This is an issue because when I go to press one to conflag, conflag is no longer my 1 button but something else is. Is there a way to prevent it changing my bottom bar when I press shift and a number that isn't already bound?

I did that alot myself, in the end i just went through and unbound all those action bar changer keys

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    And some people use over 60 key binds, making shit like ctrl-alt-7 not very friendly. Im a mage so I have my AI, Armors, Amp/Damp magic, and conjures on a paged bar that is actually bound to shift mouse wheel down, and the 1st bar bound to shift mouse wheel up, so its more of a key bind to go to a certain bar, that way you dont have to worry about scrolling to a wrong bar. It is a nice way to add some additional keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggan
    And some people use over 60 key binds, making shit like ctrl-alt-7 not very friendly. Im a mage so I have my AI, Armors, Amp/Damp magic, and conjures on a paged bar that is actually bound to shift mouse wheel down, and the 1st bar bound to shift mouse wheel up, so its more of a key bind to go to a certain bar, that way you dont have to worry about scrolling to a wrong bar. It is a nice way to add some additional keybinds.

Yes... exactly my point. But using shift 1/2/3/4 is generally less error prone than shift + scrolling through the bars. You're doing the same thing I recommend except binding it to a different key (mousewheel up/down). You aren't actually SCROLLING through them.

15+ Year Old Account

Some of us use 1-6, Shift 1-6, Ctrl 1-6 AND scroll bars to allow us more 1-6 spammy goodness so we need to use another way to scroll the main bar.

I played alot of strategy and fps games before WoW and have a nice flexible left hand when it comes to stretching for keys! :}

Deleted
    EDIT: I moved my question to a new thread: LF addon: disable bar scrolling in specific situations (I'm not allowed to post a link)
    Last edited by mmoc0cea498a5d; 2016-02-23 at 03:51 PM.