Poll: What enchant do you use the most on your tanking weapons for ICC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tankadin Weapon Enchant Poll - 3.3/ICC Useage

progression tanking = blood draining.
    threat = accuracy if you're not hitcapped

blade warding = pos
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    progression tanking = blood draining.
    blade warding = pos
    Explain either of those please.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Explain either of those please.
    BD adds to EH, which is nice for progression when first confronted with a new boss/strat.

BW gets worse when your gear gets better, just like Reckoning. It is also subject to diminishing returns since it adds Parry rating, and not flat Parry %age- Its also consumed on normal parries.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trebbiano
    I'm not all that sure why everyone loves blood draining so much. It only comes in handy when you are at 35% health. Pally's already have ardent defender to save their butts. Plus, if you have decent healers and you know how to use your trinkets and bubble correctly, you don't get to 35% that often.

Also, isn't the idea to keep your from losing health? For Icecrown, I see almost no point in agility of any kind. Dodge is borderline useless with the debuff. Yes you get crit from it and armor, which is good, but in general, I would say their are other things that are more imporant. If you are running ICC, you shouldn't be having any problems with agro. I run with locks, mags and hunters and none of them every pull agro. Hand of Salv is quite usefull for that.

So, in my opinion, I think Potency for the +20 strength is a good choice because of the block you get. But I also like Blade Ward for the 300 parry. I'm still testing these two in ICC so as I get more information, I'll be happy to share it.
    Mongoose is generally the best weapon enchant for progression tanking. Potency is best for a threat set for farm content or anything you outgear. The Ulduar enchants are pretty weak. Especially Blade Ward. Blade Ward will very rarely stack more than 2, and Blood Draining, while it's a nice little flash heal procs from it when you actually need it (it's certainly EH, which is really important for progression tanking), it's just that: a little flash heal. A drop in the bucket.

If you want EH, go with Mongoose, Agility, or Blood Draining. Best option here is Mongoose.
    If you want avoidance, go with Blade Ward, Mongoose, or Agility. Best option here is Mongoose again.
    If you want more threat, go with Accuracy or Potency. Mongoose gives some threat, as well.
    If you're the poorest of the poor, hang your head in shame and get a Titanium Weapon Chain and hope that no one notices.

Just go with Mongoose. You won't regret it. It gives you armor, dodge, and threat all in one. And it procs often.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand

This is where blade ward comes in. It's pretty much a universally better version of mongoose. With the changes to seal proc mechanics and ShoR working off the melee attack table, the uptime has gone from good, to pretty damn amazing.
    I know you read Maintankadin. Theck currently rolls with, and endorses, Mongoose. That's enough for me. The differences really are quite minimal at the end of the day. Until we get a decent tanking enchant, I'll stick with the prettiest. Mongoose is prettiest, and the proc loks cool. Plus it's up a lot more than you gve it credit for, since it can proc off our seals, and any other melee attack (such as ShoR now ).

I don't think any tank enchant has "saved" me yet though, so I don't care either way. Mongoose is half the cost of Blade Ward and Blood Draining though ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    BD adds to EH, which is nice for progression when first confronted with a new boss/strat.

BW gets worse when your gear gets better, just like Reckoning. It is also subject to diminishing returns since it adds Parry rating, and not flat Parry %age- Its also consumed on normal parries.
    BD adds a pathetically small amount of EH.

BW does not proc on mob attack but yours. Which is why I explained it just received a buff with the ShoR change (and previously with the seal change). The fact that it's consumed prevents it from having a 100% uptime, it's still much larger then mongoose or a similar proc effects.

Deleted

I use BW atm, but I'm thinking of changing to mongoose. The main reason is not referred to any provable things, but more to the reason already mentioned above: The difference is really small, and until there's a great tanking enchant, I will stick with what I like most.

So far, BW has done a good job, but I'm also quite sure I could've tanked all the way through ICC without any tanking enchant, since it is (once more) too easy. The only encounter making an enchant quit useful is saurfang I guess, and therefor it' best using avoid hits, through whatever. That's a reason why I won't use BD or accuracy, even though I have to admit accuracy was my enchant of choice in trial of the crusader because I always wanted and still want to reach the hitcap. But with the new gear (2 rings with hit etc.) it's easy to abandone accuracy for something useful concerning saurfang encounter.