Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I heard wotlk is hard, so u better give it to whoever has the more dps over the other, even if he just joined the guild 2 weeks ago
    /sarcasm off

On topic, like every1 else said, dont min max everything, give it to teh person that deserved it. If u still wanna go with min maxing i'd go warrior

Warrior benefit more from ArP than paladin/dk.

All three classes in full BiS gear, warrior will out dps paladin/dk.

If the dps is equal and attendace/loyalty isnt a deciding factor to you, I'd say /roll 2. 1 for pally 2 for warrior yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Id give it to the most loyal. I myself am a ret pala and when comparing my Bryntroll DPS to the other 2 DKs with Orange Candy, its pretty sad to see those with it do lower DPS than people without

if your guild is seeking progress, you will need a bloodthirsty cleaver on lich king,
    even if you arnt that hardcore, a retribution paladin cannot evan come close to the
    digits a fury warrior slashes with shadowmourne, and thats a fact.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ver&cn=Strafir SM player PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Rets actually benefits most from this weapon. Rets have more haste which will trigger the proc more often, more weapon attacks, which also triggers the proc more often. They don't get as much str from it as a fury warrior but they gain more than 60% of the str as Spell Power. They also scale best with weapon damage and speed. They dont get as much benefit fromt he Arp, that's true, but it is not a useless stat either.
    People saying that you are stupid if you give it to a ret are probably warriors or blood dks who will never get it.
    Gah I hate people who don't know anything but TRULY believe they do

10+ Year Old Account
    While a fury warrior will have a slightly higher dps with shadowmourne than a ret paladin, the dps difference isn't enough to make or break a boss fight unless you consistently wipe at 0.5% on bosses. Give it to the person you think deserves it, not the class.

Slightly off topic: My guild's first Shadowmourne went to Fury Warrior (only officer in guild who can use it Main Spec), our second to a Ret Paladin, and our third will go to Unholy DK. These were determined by guild loyalty and attendance.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say all the people saying who can use it more are going about it wrong. The only way you SHOULD determine this is like others have said Loyalty/Attendance.

Who is there more? Who is there for wipe nights not just loot day? Is one coming to raids even if he/she doesn't need anything? Because face it some people get weird when there are orange pixels involved. Also are you sure they are staying afterwards? Our second Dramamourne took off almost the second he had the last shard which suprised a lot, pissed of everyone since he didn't say anything. (why would he if he could take off with a Shadowmourne the frelling douchebag)

So in short BiS is BiS so all specs that can use it benifit so DO look at loyalty/attendance and give it to the most deserving. And if the other QQs well he/she is just proving you made the right choice. (unless there is blatant favoritism on the officers' part which is a big problem with a lot of guilds that try to take the loot concil approach to things but even if that's the case everyone is free to gquit if they don't like the system)

EDIT - Just remembered something else did one of your officers REALLY try to say Fury doesn't scale good with gear. REALLY?

Long winded bastard out PEACE
    Last edited by Otakira; 2010-09-12 at 04:21 PM.
    85/85/85/81/53/40/20/85/85/72

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you people still talking about Lolmourne? If you haven't gotten it yet, you wont, and it wont matter, because if your guild hasn't killed LK 25 yet, you wont, and you're bad. End of story.
    Cata is right around the corner, and you'll replace that lolmourne 3 days after you start questing in Azeroth. No one cares.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    For all the saint that is there in the world, don't give it to a lolret. Whenever you give good loot to a ret, Gods kills a kitten.
    this. dont encourage rets to raid. it makes everyone else misreable

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Why are you people still talking about Lolmourne? If you haven't gotten it yet, you wont, and it wont matter, because if your guild hasn't killed LK 25 yet, you wont, and you're bad. End of story.
    Cata is right around the corner, and you'll replace that lolmourne 3 days after you start questing in Azeroth. No one cares.
    You are so wrong MR.... we are currently on our 6th mourne if not 7th and by the time cata releases we will have 8 or 9..... There is still time to get mourne before CATA.... or even after the release of CATA alts / twinks etc... can still get it ....-.-

Please dont call people bad... makes you look like no lifer I can send you fresh air through mailbox... maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are are fully "Progression" minded guild, and are still progressing on LK,hallion Heroic then no question, it goes to the fury warrior assuming he is pulling the numbers he should be with his current weapon. Fury scales the best of all melee and upgrading from 277 MH to Shadowmourne is a ridiculous upgrade for fury's dps, fury with 277 gear outdps's ret's with Smourne a lot of the time.. If however the ret paladin has been out-performing the warrior then it would make sense to give it to him, instead of giving the legendary to a failboat player.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    If you indeed look at future worth versus time investment doing anything except stacking up huge ammounts of gold is a waste of time.

Shadowmourne is a bigger dmg increase on a ret pala than it is on a warrior,although not by much.Give it to the best player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I have done some digging and Got some facts instead of opinions

Ret Paladin: BIS(Oathbinder) 11,518dps
    Ret Paladin: BIS(SM) 12,887dps [1,369dps upgrade]

Fury warrior: BIS(Glorenzelg x2) 13,977dps
    Fury warrior: BIS(SM + Glorenzelg) 14,881dps [904dps upgrade]

So yes, ret paladin's do see a bigger dps increase with shadowmourne over the next BIS weapon BUT, fury does more dps with or without it.

If you are not killing LK heroic and Your ret is using 277 Bryntroll vs warrior using 277 cryptmaker MH it looks like this

Ret(277) 11,326
    Ret(SM) 12,877
    =1,551 DPS upgrade

Fury(277) 13,502
    Fury(Sm) 14,584
    =1082 DPS upgrade

No matter what way you look at is it is a bigger RAID DPS upgrade to give Shadowmourne to a ret over a warrior, it is an even bigger raid dps upgrade to just bring another warrior instead of the ret assuming buffs are covered elsewhere.

All data is taken from RAWR using EJ's Bis Setup for RET and from Landsoul's warrior spreadsheet from EJ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    All data is taken from RAWR using EJ's Bis Setup for RET and from Landsoul's warrior spreadsheet from EJ.
    Using two different programs to compare numbers can only lead to inaccuracies. The numbers themselves aren't designed to be an accurate indication of dps but rather just a metric for damage comparason.

I'd use Rawr for the Fury Warrior as well and make sure the exact same buffs are counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtroll View Post
    Shadowmourne is a bigger dmg increase on a ret pala than it is on a warrior,although not by much.Give it to the best player.
    Yet another post who can be completely misunderstood. SM is a bigger dps increase to a ret than it
    is to a warrior, but that is only because a ret WITH SM can barely get to the level of damage
    a warrior WITHOUT SM can. A warrior currently just is the better class of the two.

The polearm from LK isnt bad for a ret, and thats a weapon furys cant evan use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Landsoul's sheet is updated a lot more than the RAWR warrior. but the RET RAWR is kept up pretty well thats why I chose those apps. It was more to show the dps gained from the weapon rather than the comparitive dps between the classes and yes I made sure all buffs where on in both cases, I also set the fight to "saurfang" in RAWR to better simulate a tank spank 3min encounter.. Though it is true and pretty obv by logs that Fury in full 277 pretty much stomps everyone including rets/Dk's with shadowmourne. Give Fury shadowmourne and the gap furthers.

but as I said, if your only going to get 1 and you do have a 100% attendance ret and a 100% attendance fury who are both equally skilled the raid gains more dps from giving Shadowmourne to the ret paladin.

the "BUT IT HAS ARP ARP ARP and ARP IS BAD FOR RET" argument is pointless because the "FURY's PROC RATE ON THE SHARDS IS FAR FAR LOWER THAN RET's" argument is stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Rets actually benefits most from this weapon. Rets have more haste which will trigger the proc more often, more weapon attacks, which also triggers the proc more often. They don't get as much str from it as a fury warrior but they gain more than 60% of the str as Spell Power. They also scale best with weapon damage and speed. They dont get as much benefit fromt he Arp, that's true, but it is not a useless stat either.
    People saying that you are stupid if you give it to a ret are probably warriors or blood dks who will never get it.
    Frost DKs have the most haste, but you would have to REALLY love your Frost DK to give it Shadowmourne.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Coming from a Paladin, i would say give it to the fury warrior, since they are doing THE best at endgame right now.

This is if you are worried about doing your best as a raid. otherwise go for most loyal/senior.

It's an obvious upgrade for a Paladin, but i would give it to someone who can make best use of all the stats first. Warrior then DK/Paladin.

Haven't really looked into the DK part. don't play mine enough to think about it/