Page 1 of 98
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Share your paladin ideas

ok, i made this topic because alot of ppl seem to have 'good' idea's.

so instead of making a topic for your awesome idea, you can put in in here!

if you are being ignorant and still make your own topic, ill delete it straight away.

let the fun begin!

Re: Share your paladin ideas

Was it really necessary to lock an interesting thread with a compelling discussion and start a brand new thread? I know it's one thing to keep the forum neat and tidy, and I know too that these threads were getting a little too commonplace, but it pretty much kills discussion when a guy who hasn't had any part in the conversation so far sweeps in and declares "thread locked, you will now post in my new thread!"

My idea: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-paladin/new-ret-ccinterrupt-idea!/msg1902397/#msg1902397

Calling it now.

60% - Closer
    20% - Interrupt
    15% - "What if Consecrate healed?"
    4% - "I want my char to have Godlike powers."
    1% - Something actually good. Note that I've never actually seen anything fall into this category here, but hey - here's to hoping.

(Good point taken from below.)
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Calling it now.

60% - Closer
    20% - Stun
    1% - Something actually good. Note that I've never actually seen anything fall into this category here, but hey - here's to hoping.
    Replace stun with interrupt and it might be true (might as well have called the topic "Post your unwanted PVP Ret ideas here plx")

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Calling it now.

60% - Closer
    20% - Stun
    Most of those are better than "a hundred funny ways to overcomplicate ret by using combopoints, another ressource and totally crazy talent synergies~ We have 34 Buttons now, so FU Feral!"-Concepts.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Only thing i find annoying about paladin is when i get a healer low and they heal and i cant stop it as my HoJ and rep are on CD

- no cooldown and 2 sec cast time on Repentance
    - Divine storm has chance on hit to stun for 2 seconds/silence 2 seconds.
    say 10/15%chance.
    - bring back the glyph of exorsism that silenced/counterspelled.
    - Judgements can no longer be disspelled, and slowing judgement is equiliant to chains of ice. (just kidding)
    - Blinding light, Aoe Blind for 5 seconds. Just like the toc5 boss.
    - promised myself that i wouldnt ask for a MS effect.. but whatever
    50% heal reduction on judgement crits. lasts as long as MS. Disspellable.
    - Hand of freedom cant be purged/spellstealed, talent improvement.
    - Improved Bubble, cant be shattered or massdispelled.

alot of ideas how to bring more survival and cc to paladins in arena/pvp.
    if there's any ret paladins out there that can kill a 2k rated healer in pvp
    let me know. cuz it's f*cking impossible.

Disc mana burns you, GG.
    Druids Kite you, GG.
    Paladins, we dont got any cc to stop their heals. GG.
    Shamans, only class we got a remote chance to take down if we get lucky/they suck.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    say 10/15%chance.
    There's a reason why they removed random stuns - because they either completely suck if they don't proc or kick ass if they do.

the absoluteness of the bubble was removed because it was impossible to balance against, you really dont want to ask for it to return

say 10/15%chance.
    - bring back the glyph of exorsism that silenced/counterspelled.
    - Judgements can no longer be disspelled, and slowing judgement is equiliant to chains of ice. (just kidding)
    - Blinding light, Aoe Blind for 5 seconds. Just like the toc5 boss.
    - promised myself that i wouldnt ask for a MS effect.. but whatever
    50% heal reduction on judgement crits. lasts as long as MS. Disspellable.
    - Hand of freedom cant be purged/spellstealed, talent improvement.
    - Improved Bubble, cant be shattered or massdispelled.

alot of ideas how to bring more survival and cc to paladins in arena/pvp.
    if there's any ret paladins out there that can kill a 2k rated healer in pvp
    let me know. cuz it's f*cking impossible.

Disc mana burns you, GG.
    Druids Kite you, GG.
    Paladins, we dont got any cc to stop their heals. GG.
    Shamans, only class we got a remote chance to take down if we get lucky/they suck.
    Those ideas are terrible, just terrible.

"no cooldown and 2 sec cast time on Repentance" - Repentance becomes 100% useless with any cast-time. 2 seconds? If you want a polymorph, play a mage.

"- Divine storm has chance on hit to stun for 2 seconds/silence 2 seconds. say 10/15%chance." Divine Storm can already do this. Just use Seal of Justice.

"- bring back the glyph of exorsism that silenced/counterspelled." I don't want to rely on a special proc to not have my interrupt have a cast time. Also, interrupts on the GCD fail. Hard.

"- Blinding light, Aoe Blind for 5 seconds. Just like the toc5 boss." You want to give us, a class that already has excellent CC, not only more CC but a control spell that's more powerful than any that currently exist in the game? I thought this was the ideas thread, not the "Lol it's christmas presents plox" short bus to the north pole.

" 50% heal reduction on judgement crits. lasts as long as MS. Disspellable." So you want a polymorph, an AOE blind, AND an MS effect?

"- Hand of freedom cant be purged/spellstealed, talent improvement.
    - Improved Bubble, cant be shattered or massdispelled." So not only do you want all of the above, but you want your own utility to be unremovable and unstoppable.

Dude, you fail at trying to balance ret paladins so hard that it boggles the mind. You just look at what other classes have and say, "HEY I WANT THAT TOO BUT I DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYTHING UP TO GET IT, ALSO BUFF WHAT I ALREADY HAVE, LOLOL."

Balance is a give-and-take. You have to give a class strengths and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by gobgob34
    Retard. He was suggesting ideas that might be good to implement. Never did he say GIVE ME ALL OF THESE AT ONCE PLOX LOLOL.
    Really? Really? I read your post and thought, 'Hm, maybe the forum douche is right." I went back and read the guy's post again just to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Nowhere does he do anything other than rail off an itemized list of changes that he'd like to see implemented. Where did you get the idea that he was suggesting them exclusively from one another?

Maybe you just gave him the benefit of a doubt. Well guess what, genius, this is the internet. I assume that someone posting on a forum is probably stupid, you assume that someone posting on a forum might well have an ounce of brainpower.

Of the two of us, I'd say that makes you the retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    Was it really necessary to lock an interesting thread with a compelling discussion and start a brand new thread? I know it's one thing to keep the forum neat and tidy, and I know too that these threads were getting a little too commonplace, but it pretty much kills discussion when a guy who hasn't had any part in the conversation so far sweeps in and declares "thread locked, you will now post in my new thread!"
    ^ i've got to agree with this. closing a thread with an active and open (not to mention actually on topic) debate is counter productive, and seemingly selfish (all your posts are belong to my thread). also as idealistically nice as it may be consolidate every would be pally idea in a single topic it'll either become derailed (looks like this one is right on course for that) or be filled with so many different and unrelated concepts that having a meaningful exchange of thoughts will be lost amidst a mess of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    if you are being ignorant and still make your own topic, ill delete it straight away.
    i seriously hope you reconsider your promise (or is it a threat?). to recall the closed thread as an example, it was started with a concept to give retribution paladins a reliable interrupt. it sparked a conversation and was different enough from other change/suggestion topics (ie the paladins in 4.0 threads) to warrant standing alone.

on topic...
    agreed.
    bring out the next in a long line of poorly thought/balanced ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    might as well have called the topic "Post your unwanted PVP Ret ideas here plx"

Improved Judgement of Justice(t10ret); Targets struck by Crusader Strike while effected by your Judgement of Justice cause the target's movement speed to be slowed 15/30%.

Magic snare, requires melee range to apply, increases synergy, easily avoided by PvE ret builds.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

there are some things i would change a bit.

first i would change Hammer to have bit lower cd and duration. maybe 40s and 4s instead of 60s and 6s...

If we choose repentance as our tool of choice :
    1. Repentance is 30second cd with
    a- 3 second silence
    b- 3 second pacify
    c- 3 second blind as it is now (but half cd, half duration)

(gives short cc on a short cd. not as bad as 1 min.)

if we get something to interrupt like Exorcism glyph:
    2. Exorcism 12sec cd. does damage over 6 seconds ( no burst)
    a- glyph gives interrupt for 3-4 seconds.
    b- base interrupt for 2 seconds ( like shamans)

if we want some closer:
    3. Hand of Pursuit.
    a- 30 sec cd. 3-5 sec duration 50% speed increase.
    b- 60 sec cd. 5-6 sec duration 50% speed increase.

4. Aura Mastery
    a- While Crusader Aura is active you gain 30-50% speed (party maybe 30% too? )

if we want utility:
    5. Hand of Spellwarding
    a- 120sec cd. 5 sec duration. reduces spell damage taken by 30%
    b- 180sec cd. 8 sec duration. reduces spell damage taken by 30%

i would imagine a complete possible way would be one out of 1 and 2 and one out of 3 and 4 together with 5 as utility.
    Finaly it would look like:
    HoJ 60sec cd. 4 sec duration.
    Rep 30sec cd. 3 sec duration.
    Exorcism 12sec cd. 6sec dot. 2 sec interrupt.
    Hand of Pursuit 60sec cd. 6 sec duration. 50% speed.
    Hand of Spellwarding 180sec cd. 8sec duration. 30% spelldamage reduction.

http://war-tools.com/t68240.html

2. You don't want to take up a glyph slot to get an ability you should have baseline. Glyph's purpose are to enhance abilities, not to change the game.

3. I don't care for Hand of Pursuit. In arena something like that would be instantly dispelled or nerfed to oblivion. Perhaps making Pursuit of Justice an on-demand ability; Maby a sprint clone, but you have to have a judgement on the target to pursue them? Just a thought, more synergy.

4. You're making Aura Mastery a mandatory talent for any PvE or PvP paladin, which also defeats the purpose of your Hand of Pursuit idea.

5. Hand of Spellwarding? I believe we already have that spell. See- http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6940 .
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    skill>penis/vag

10+ Year Old Account

1.5 sec cast, down to instant with an AoW proc. 5 sec cd, 3 second interrupt. Keeps it's "incapacitate" effect, but can once again be broken by RV (not OP as it depends on a proc to use effectively, that's also shared with 2 other abilities. also wouldnt affect pve in any way i can think of)

i dont like it being proc - dependant... but it's better than nothing :-X

also... SoV change...

Stacks can now be applied by DS and CS to NON-PLAYER CONTROLLED TARGETS. getting rid of our horrible ramp up time (15+seconds in most situations) and leaving the seal where it's at in pvp.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Blessing of Divine Vitality
    6% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Places a Blessing on the friendly target. Every time this target is affected by a Holy spell, 3 friendly targets within 10 yards will gain 0.5% mana, 1 rage, 1 energy, or 1 RP. This effect can only occur once per source every 5 seconds.

Talent in the Holy tree to increase the amount of targets to 4/5 and range to 15/20.

Glyph to reduce the CD by 1 second.

This will encourage more Paladins to beacon the tank and raid heal the raid. Also if everyone is topped off, then randomly heal people in the raid to increase resources in the raid. This is a unique ability, kinda similar to replenishment, but not really. I wasnt sure how to word the "once per source" part,but its intended to give each paly a CD on the proc (to reduce the option of spamming it).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeare
    Blessing of Divine Vitality
    6% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast
    Places a Blessing on the friendly target. Every time this target is affected by a Holy spell, 3 friendly targets within 10 yards will gain 0.5% mana, 1 rage, 1 energy, or 1 RP. This effect can only occur once per source every 5 seconds.

Talent in the Holy tree to increase the amount of targets to 4/5 and range to 15/20.

Glyph to reduce the CD by 1 second.

This will encourage more Paladins to beacon the tank and raid heal the raid. Also if everyone is topped off, then randomly heal people in the raid to increase resources in the raid. This is a unique ability, kinda similar to replenishment, but not really. I wasnt sure how to word the "once per source" part,but its intended to give each paly a CD on the proc (to reduce the option of spamming it).
    "Every time this target is affected by a Holy spell"- You'd have to specify spells in detail since many procs, enchants being an example, are considered in the holy school. This blessing would also encourage senseless overhealing of the raid to increase dps minimally and I don't see the need or want in implementing this ability.
    skill>penis/vag

Double post, sue me :

http://www.war-tools.com/t66876.html

Some-what subtle changes to our talent trees (and probably some talents out of place :P) that I think would be beneficial without being 'OP'.
    skill>penis/vag