Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did a full clear of HDTK last night in 6 minutes. All bosses. Tank with a 6700 GS and his 6500 GS healer guildie. Tank would pull boss to boss and would leave the boss at 50% health to start pulling the next whole corridor of mobs. I was in awe.

A few tanks friends of mine don't tank heroics anymore due to the bullshit. They just won't want to deal with any of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind dps pulling. It's on their own risk, as they should be aware of.
    I won't go that extra mile just to save them, and the healer sure as hell won't do it either.
    Dps usually dies as some point, and start blaiming the tank or the healer. Attempts a votekick, which usually don't work. Ends up leaving. Ending up with a repair bill and a 30 min deserter buff.
    So go ahead, be my guest.

More important question is, why do they feel the need to pull mobs that are behind us? Makes it slower, not faster.

Because in most 5 man heroics you don't need a tank...I've gone into heroics with 5 dps classes plenty of times...

Not that I'd ever just pull things just to be a jackass but sometimes that's how the group prefers to run, quickly. Which some tanks are incapable of understanding... For example I was recently in a 5 man AN heroic and the tank felt the need to mark every individual target, it was obvious the tank wasn't new to instances or raiding because they were in mostly 10 man epic gear... sometimes it's not the dps at fault.

Regardless some people are just ignorante jackasses and pull shit... in that case /kick them the hell out

<Elemental Oblivion>
    We have candy. Get in the Van.

The problem isn't with DPS pullingm or Tanks too slow or Healers not healing... It's ANY combination of the 3...

Variables are: Awesome tank, overgeared, chain pulls mana or no mana...

Mediocre tank, marks everything, drinks before every pull, asks "everyone ready?" before every pull and doesn;t pull till everyone answers.

Shitty tank... undergeared, THINKS he's god and chain pulls and doesn;t establish threat on everything. Hopefully you have an awesome healer.

Rockin' DPS.. can solo the trash if need be... assists tank and kills his target choices. If AoE pulls off.. kills stragglers and rexumes tank assist... gets healer out of web/roots/etc.

Mediocre DPS... contributes... that's about it

Shitty DPS... does 400-700 dps. Attacks whatever happens to get "clicked on"... runs away from tank when he pulls aggro. Pulls the mobs behind you because of it. Doesn't mana up between pulls cause he's inspecting the other players.

Awesome healer... is bored with an awesome tank, knows who is the bread and butter DPS and keeps them alive if we have a Shitty tank. Dispells/cures debuffs... Tops off tank and immediately drinks. Uses replenishment when necessary to keep mana up for chain pulling.

Mediocre healer... keeps pees alive... loses a few but meh.

Shitty healer... undergeared... spams one spell and complains that the tank isn't using all his defenses or is pulling too much.. always out of mana. DPS drop like flies when there is any AoE damage because every heal goes to tnak... or more often than not.. heals themselves unnecessarily while DPS die.

Then you have peeps who are bored to DEATH with Heroics and feel forced to run them... they want it over fast.... you have peeps who are on alts and haven;t gotten compeltley proficient yet... and you have peeps who are actually quite new to the experience and don;t want to rush. You have patient peeps, assholes, griefers, noobs, elitists, experts, skilled players, and everything under the sun.

LFG can be an AWESOME experience... a horrible experience.. and everything in between.

ON topic... If a DPS pulls it's either on purpose or accident.

If on purpose... it's either because they are trying to make things run smoother by ranging a mob to the group... or the tank is so damn slow they want to nudge you along.

If it bothers you that they pull.. then it's likely you are on a power trip (I run this show not you) or are challenged... if the latter... you should "embrace the opportunity" to hone your skills.... if the former... then meh.. vote kick the DPS until you get a noob one that will gush over your 30k health pool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cuz we want ppl like you to start this kind of topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a feral druid I am guilty of this sometimes because I know I can kill a pack of mobs in a few secs with or without a tank or other DPs for that matter. Swipe(Cat) is craziness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impediment View Post
    if you're complaining about dps pulling it means you're a BAD TANK.

BAD obviously for being a slow tank, because dps need to pull for you.
    Incorrect. There is no arbitrary need for a dps player to pull for the tank player in a group in any 5-man heroic.

DOUBLE BAD for having to QQ about it on forums and not actually realising it's your problem, not the dps.
    Incorrect again. If the complaints are about the actions of DPS players, then the problem the poster has is with said DPS players. Not himself, not other tanks.

If a dps needs to pull for you, it means your slow.
    Once again, there is no in-game mechanic that would force or require a DPS assigned player to independently take up tasks belonging to a Tank assigned player, while said Tank is still present and playing.

Being able to brute force content now is one thing. Taking the same habits to the next expansion will result in a lot of unhappy wipes in the first heroics, when it suddendly isn't possible to just burn everything down anymore.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2010-06-22 at 02:45 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

As a feral druid, i can just about tank most heroics in cat form, so why bother waiting for an undergeared tank to pull when u can just do it youself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koharu View Post
    As a feral druid, i can just about tank most heroics in cat form, so why bother waiting for an undergeared tank to pull when u can just do it youself?
    Because the four other people with you in said heroic didn't sign up to see you go John F*cking Madden on the mobs and possibly take away a valuable learning experience for a starting tank to fathom his role and his class.

For the record, I get DPS tards running ahead of me and pulling packs and patrols constantly, and the amount increases with the amount of threat I can put out.
    Three times just last week, some smart fellas decided to "help me out" with some pulls, even though I was already pulling 7k average DPS and controlling 45% of the damage output in the group, chain-charging from pack to pack.

Such cases are a bit frustrating.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2010-06-22 at 02:51 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some tanks in heroics go in dps stuff/stance for the trash. If everybody is aware and knows how to CC and the heal is ok, it is the fastest way to the boss. Then the tank switch to prot stuff / stance. Tank is still the first to pull but each other dps has to be smart enough to keep the focus good or deal with bad focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddrakefox View Post
    I would LOVE to hear then "Tanks ain't necessary talk once Cataclysm hits and every one is low gear once again-.- and see how much people whine then... "blarg blarg I am a dps I can do EVERYTHING with out a tank" wake up sherlock, NO YOU CANT! we are needed in order for idiots like you to gear up, if we ain't there, YOU don't get any badges or gear period
    And if the DPS aren't there, you won't kill things fast enough to prevent the healer going OOM and you dying. DPS are just as necessary as tanks and healers in dungeons. The current state, where a tank and healer can (slowly) clear a heroic is an issue of overgearing, nothing else. And 5 DPS can clear that same heroic with the same ease, and much more quickly.

Tanks aren't special.

and YES no FUCKING matter what any fuck tard dps noob says Tanks and Healers are the MOST important jobs in the game, if the aint there, idiot dps cant do shit(no dungeons no gear, no shit) and with the current dps tank do, yes a group of only tanks and healers can EASY do any dungeon WITHOUT a dps specced player, so no dps you aint really needed
    PS; have done ulduar and ToC with only healers and tanks(in the current content gear) without dps'ers just to see how freaking easy it was... let me tell you this, it WAS easy without guys, no one squishy enough to die in fire or cleaves or anything.
    I three-manned Patchwerk 10 the other week, when it was the daily and we didn't have an offtank. He one-shot all the melee with hatefuls, and it was me, a tank, and a hunter who finished him off. This is not because you didn't need decent DPS to beat the timer, back when the content was current, it's because we outgear the instance by a large margin.

If you think tanks and healers are the "most important jobs", then you've never done progression-level content before it gets nerfed, where there's a tight Enrage timer. Go ahead, try heroic Festergut without any DPS. See how easy it is to beat. Hell, do Regular, but take off the Strength of Wrynn buff first.

You're a meat shield. You aren't special. Especially today, when most plate wearers can hit their "dual spec" button and take over for you.

Because I am a rogue and I have sprint, evasion and 10 seconds trix up. I don't pull, I send everything to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    Its honestly not that they're trying to get done faster. Its that they want to announce to everyone that this dungeon and the rest of the players in the group are far beneath them and they're put out to have to go slumming in this place with you people. People like this are usually insecure because they're not that good but they want you to think they are. If the other people suck then they'll be on the top of the DPS charts and they can announce to the rest of the group that they're better than them by pretending to have recount disabled and asking someone to link the DPS. If they're not on top of the damage meter then they're forced to create a problem so they can complain about it loudly. They usually just pull extra mobs or try to pull aggro by stunning a mob away from the tank and then single targeting it. This creates an opening for them to bitch about how the tank can't hold aggro vs their mighty dps. And if anyone calls them out for fucking shit up and slowing the run down they get to say "zomg heroics are srsbsns amright nab." They feel this also alerts everyone to the fact that they're leet.

Maybe if we just identify these people right away and say "omg, you're so pro, can I be like you some day" then they can go through the rest of the instance without sabotaging it so they can complain.
    Funny enough, when I get a really good group, I will actually tell them that they are really good and that I'm trying as hard as I can even though I am way less geared than them. (Although I am still geared enough for a lolheroic and def capped) I'll say something like "Wow, you guys are really geared and doing great dps. I haven't been 80 for very long, so I'm doing what I can. I may lose aggro on one thing from time to time if you aoe hard or are focused on the thing that I am not, but I will get aggro right back when I see that it is loose." Usually at that point most people are nice and will work with me there, since I'm sure that they remember what it's like to be at that gear level. Once in a while you get douchebags though that think that you have to be ICC geared to do heroics for some reason.

As for the well geared tanks that are slow, I don't know. Maybe they are just slow people or are new at tanking. Either way, I think that people should have some respect for others. Let the healer have mana if they need it, let the tank line stuff up if they need it, and let the casters have mana if they have absolutely none.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    gotta Love MD, Just MD it to the tank and he still takes the dmg while I get the speed~!

i have an 80 rogue, pally, and dk that can tank alot of things in five man heroics in their dps gear... my dk's main spec is tank but i'll put on dps gear for the old 5 mans b/c the content is so easy now that i don't need tank gear to do it... and i only go to randoms to get my 2 frost badges and move on to something else so what's the point of me sitting around and waiting for some slow ass tank when i won't die?

Quote Originally Posted by Koharu View Post
    Yet another DPS who thinks that successfully tanking just means pulling and living. Most likely you think its going so well because the only mob hitting you is the one you pulled. The other 3 are beating on the healer.

Like I've said before... for every legitimately slow tank I've had there are at least 30 asshole DPS who slow shit WAY down by pulling another group when they should be AoEing the 12 mobs the tank has already pulled. They're not honestly trying to speed things up. They're just assholes that want to remind you that no matter how much has already been pulled they are too leet for you all and they need to pull more mobs and complain about how easy everything is while they just nuke one target and the tank and healer work their asses off.

TLDR Most dps are just assholes who are too dumb to see how much they're slowing the run down by trying to show off. I stopped tanking long ago because of this shit and I still can't make it through one heroic without getting pissed at some stupid DPS who's slowing shit down. WTB adult only servers.

WTB adult only servers.
    Oddly enough, the people that I have seen who are the worst as far as being immature goes seem to be in their mid 20's. Sometimes the kids that are about 15 have a fit, but as far as the catty and elitest attitudes go, for some reason it seems to be people that are actually adults.

Hmm, maybe we can have a 30+ server?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    Hmm, maybe we can have a 30+ server?
    Even better

Even better
    I had assumed that you were over 30, just as I am. I'll be 33 on Aug 5th.