Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Heroics are for chain pulling, do your job or I will do it for you.

If they pull when im tanking i let them die. ill grab the other adds but the one they pulled i let kill them.

Oh, I forgot to add, as a bear/tree, I also skin. Everything.

Brock2525
    I don't do this. Because I'm not a shitty DPS. Let the tank do his job, IMO. He can pull and I'll pewpew once he makes all the mobs mad enough.

Please look for other threads that have the same subject before making a new one. Every freaking day we got 10 fuck gs, 20 dps pulls in heroics and over 9000 fix my dps threads.

Everything that can and is ever going to have already been said. The one side say dps are retards, the other says tank are stuck up bitches and also retards. Its not going to change anything and post nr. 5864 with if you pull it you tank it is not going to change anything either.

Im all for people having the ability to discuss what ever they want but could we please have some moderation when there have already been so many diffrent threads about it? The few decent threads are getting drowned in constant stream of repearing subject.
    Last edited by Crazhr; 2010-06-21 at 06:11 PM.

Depends if its a competent tank they can pull in a pug heroic...if they arnt i sometimes decide ill tank the instance on my shaman because by the time a mob has hit me once its dead from pure damage dealt.
    Done it before where a tank had a paddy about someone pulling saying you hit it you tank it.....fine with me really its not being a arse its just a heroic thatthe group outgears, so he sat down and moaned the whole instance til the last boss thinking he was clever...then the healer kicked him for being a arse.

so....tanks pull finger out and stop whining these days with outgearing heroics by a mile your not really needed hence why most of you tanks do it in dps gear

food for thought ....
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Carry your gf as a healer, it's the solution, if a DPS is being a selfish retard mob puller, he will die, like 10 times, until he stops or he leaves, if they say it to me, like, hey tank let's do this quick and start pulling I'm ok, but the tipical "I will pull everything I don't fucking care of you guys this is how I roll", oh man, you wiiiiilll die

I tend to just do my normal DPS rotation, if I pull something off I will just kill it. I don't purposely pull, although I am not mad if I do....

Im confused is it that hard to click PP on 4 people and spend 4 seconds while your moving at same time or is that to hard. This is just a thread of bad tanks QQ

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09 View Post
    Because they don't need a tank in order for that specific trash mob to die. I've done this before on my hunter or mage. CC on mob, starting killing the other while others are still jerking themselves at the beginning. Why wait for people to stop playing with themselves to start clearing trash?
    ^this

Tanking isn't hard, and when people stand around like retards, I start pulling. If they don't want to pull at a half decent pace, then they can leave or start moving faster. I'm well aware of how capable tanks are of pulling trash, so I pull as fast as possible. Why waste 40 minutes in a 10 minute dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

What's so wrong about a dps going and pulling another group to a tank right as the mobs he is holding dies?

I did this all the time when I leveled my rogue.... the pally tank would be holding 5 or so mobs, and once they start to die off i shoot another group with my bow, and hten come back to the tank.... 9 times out of 10 the tank always bitches, even though I'm making the whole experience easier for him - all he has to do is stand in one spot for 5+ groups worth of mobs!

Because I am a hunter, I am way overgeared, and you are slow. So yeah, I will just kill shit until you are "ready".

A tank earns the right to pull at his pace because he is willing to tank. If you want to set the pace of the pulling roll a tank instead of being a jerk.

If tanks were pointless I'd be soloing herioc HoR on a mage atm, not waiting 20 minutes to have someone take the hits for me.

When I tank on my pally, I do try to chain pull, but I do sometimes prefer to relax a bit and not pull half the instance in 3 seconds. I've only had elitists complain about how I pull, something about 'I have this much better gear than you so you pull like I want you to.'
    Last edited by Rangr; 2010-06-21 at 06:35 PM.
    DON'T PANIC -Douglas Adams

That seems to point up a significant difference between Europeans and Americans. A European says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with me?" An American says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?" -Terry Pratchett

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips View Post
    no idea vote kick ftw
    This.

I hate bad tanks that cry about threat and DPS. Do tanks not realize that we're only allowed to do as much DPS as they allow us to? That is, without pulling aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by ihsanm View Post
    Why is it that tanks fail to realize that their only purpose in a 5m Heroic is to tank the bosses?

I love tanks that seem to get an identity crisis when DPS starts pulling, or the 'let them tank, watch them die' mentality. Tank the bosses, shut your collective mouths until. Yes...you really arent necessary.
    Right... so you want to go ahead and tank the boss then too? Thought not. Have some respect for the other people you play with instead of purposely trying to piss people off just because you can't wait an extra 10 seconds or so.
    Last edited by sicness; 2010-06-21 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09 View Post
    Because they don't need a tank in order for that specific trash mob to die. I've done this before on my hunter or mage. CC on mob, starting killing the other while others are still jerking themselves at the beginning. Why wait for people to stop playing with themselves to start clearing trash?
    Exactly this. Plus I pretty much always roll with my geared healer friend who I can trust to keep me alive through pretty much anything. If the tank and the rest of the group feel like afking for 10 minutes, then we can just go on on our own.
    Speaking of afking: for the love of God, tanks stop going AFK please! It's frustrating - tanks get insta-pops, so there is no reason to queue and then say brb and go away for 5 minutes the moment you get in. Take care of your business before-hand and then queue since you are guaranteed to get insta-pop anyway.

Move faster in heroics -> Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank I'm geared and fully capable of pulling all trash for the most part between bosses in a single pull or two. That being said, if you aren't a tank, it isn't your job to pull. If you think it is, I can and will let you die.

Don't be an elitist ass. Just let the tank do his job. You pulling for him only makes his and everyone else's job in the group that much more difficult.