Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Forced to go discipline because of Saurfang

According to wowwiki, its confirmed by todays patch that power word:shield no longer prevents saurfang from getting blood runes. So spec whatever you want.

dual spec by any chance? if you have been holy since lvl 10 i assume your like me and you have no interest in dps'ing? Either way it is not a requirement.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna
    Hello fellow priests,
    I'm part of a casual 10-man raiding guild and we've just downed Saurfang for the first time. I'm extremely glad to see the guild making progress, but I've got a bad feeling as well, because I was forced to go Discipline for it.
    I've been Holy as soon as level 10 and while I tried discipline and love a discipline priest in the raid, I don't particularly enjoy the spec. But now there's this boss on which we've wiped plenty of times and suddenly became a whole lot easier, just because I was trowing around shields. I've asked an officer if I should stay discipline and he said: "it's needed to down this boss'.
    So, what do you guys think, is a discipline priest really needed to defeat Saurfang?
    And do you know some arguments to convince my guild that me being holy is valuable to?
    I'd like to thank you all in advance.

Ynna

First thing first; I heared there's this new thing called Dual Talent Specialization, might wanna check that out.

Q: So, what do you guys think, is a discipline priest really needed to defeat Saurfang?
    A: Absolutely not. I've done the encounter with me as resto shaman with a paladin healer as the second.

Q: And do you know some arguments to convince my guild that me being holy is valuable to?
    A: Guardian Spirit, Circle of Healing. And there's nothing bad about a Holy Priest really..

And for all I care Body and Soul makes up to anything anywhere.
    Best damn talent ever I love priests who's running around with it

Quote Originally Posted by matca484
    According to wowwiki, its confirmed by todays patch that power word:shield no longer prevents saurfang from getting blood runes. So spec whatever you want.
    What? You're trusting a wiki ..?
    Show me a blue-post or patch notes.