Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: are boomkins really that bad now

This hybrid poops on locks, hunters, and mages every single raid. Freakin' rogues I can't touch tho. Well geared, itemized and played hybrids can top meters. /endrant

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

No, they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Why sell it back? The tier 10 idol is about a 33% increase in crit from the tier 9 idol, because Idol of Lunar Eclipse has a near 100% uptime, and more crit. Tier 9 idol does not.
    why waste 30 badges on it if you could just use it while you raid and return it when your done for your 30 badges, more focused on getting my 4 set so if i can get it a week faster i rather do that, then spend 30 badges when there is no need to atm.

Well that would be a good idea to get the idol except some guilds raid 3 hours per night not 2 and when people suddenly see the dps lost from switching idols they will start to wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Vaze
    Well that would be a good idea to get the idol except some guilds raid 3 hours per night not 2 and when people suddenly see the dps lost from switching idols they will start to wonder
    humm whats to stop you from taking the 20 secs to use the portal go to the start sell it and rebuy 1.5 in to raid ??

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rédempteur
    Buffed??? Stop doing drugs. Unless you think Wrath Eclipse sharing a 15-sec cd with Starfire eclipse is a buff.
    And then there was the whole +10% effect on eclipse to make it all better. I don't know about you, but it certainly didn't nerf my damage. I swapped for tier 9 instead, and kept rolling.

10+ Year Old Account

Isn't the Earth and Moon talent useful enough for raids? +13% spell damage taken on mobs benefits all the DPS casters. Improved Moonkin Form is quite nice too, but unfortunately the Moonkin Aura your party members have don't mention the +3% haste. Additionally a Moonkin will give a raid another Innervate and battle res.

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    Isn't the Earth and Moon talent useful enough for raids? +13% spell damage taken on mobs benefits all the DPS casters. Improved Moonkin Form is quite nice too, but unfortunately the Moonkin Aura your party members have don't mention the +3% haste. Additionally a Moonkin will give a raid another Innervate and battle res.

Mostly spelldmg buff is replaced with DK spelldmg buff or curse of elements.
    I like boomkin dps, I'm doing more dps than ever with eclipse buff, because I was nab enough to not use that crappy addon ^^
    Ofc all the support buffs boomkins give are epic but I think ppl take boomkins as Druids into raids, so they get their battleres, innervate, dispels and ofc GotW+thorns(thorns stacks with retri aura, as I've seen). Almost all moonkin buffs can be replaced with another classes buff.

Ps. there's one more debuff there on boomkins, IS without glyph... but that would be kind bad dps loss I think...?
    Moonguardi, 80lvl balance/resto druid
    Rolzun, 80lvl Frost dps/Blood tank DK
    Raiffol, 80lvl elemental shaman pvp
    Rolkundo, 70lvl pre-bc BM hunter
    Raifol, 70lvl Arms warrior
    Sairasta, 60lvl twink DK

i dont play boomkin but people that do saying its like rolling a dice
    roll 5 and 6 and you are luck and will do insane dps
    roll 3 or 4 and its not anything special
    roll 1 or 2 and you will be bottom of the meters

Deleted

You generally shouldn't listen to people that don't know what they are talking about

My biggest problem playing boomkin is having to raid lead at the same time. I'm talking on vent a lot, reminding certain nabs when they have debuffs. Dividing my attention that way seems to affect my dps. I love boomkin, but it requires quite a bit of timing and management to get max dps, Eclipse being the way it is atm.

Deleted

It's been said already the difference between an arcane mage and a balance druid is simple RnG... With my Arcane mage 8k is an average with my moonkin 8k is not an average :P

They are a unique class to play. The dps isn't just handed to you like some of the classes. The one thing I really dislike is the constant group of noob booms you run into that insist on doing typhoon every time it is off CD whether or not it may pull the next group. Ok enough venting about that. About 6k is the normal with the two booms we have running with us. I swapped mine over to resto to fill a lost raiding healer. Before I swapped 5k was the best I could pull with mediocre gear.

moonkins are doing just fine now, 1st time i was happy with my dps and overall dmg.

tonight in ICC25 ( pug ) i was 2nd on dmg list ( after dk ) and had 7K overall dps, 2 bad we didnt killed 4th boss and then see new wing

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ne&n=Dragoness <=== link to my armory

and now with 2 T10 my crits with SF can go as high as 21K with 85% crit that is nice.

i only have one question with my talent build, should i take 1 point i have in Moonglow and put it in Owlkin Frenzy?
    Anyway any help with talent build will help

Thanks

Boomkins are fine atm ppl just dont see them enough to make a good judgement.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Boomies are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82

i only have one question with my talent build, should i take 1 point i have in Moonglow and put it in Owlkin Frenzy?
    Anyway any help with talent build will help

Thanks
    It should be pretty obvious, but you can't take the point out of moonglow and put it in owlkin frenzy. It's a filler point used to advance to the next tier of talents, you can either put it in moonglow or genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    i endorse this post, same thing happens to me... like on my guild's first attempt on festergut 25, no eclipse procs for the first 2mins of the fight... wth is that...
    Is that really possible ?I mean, your crit is decent ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    It should be pretty obvious, but you can't take the point out of moonglow and put it in owlkin frenzy. It's a filler point used to advance to the next tier of talents, you can either put it in moonglow or genesis.
    OMg yes it is 10th point in balance tree...

But should i put something in Owlkin Frenzy since u get a lot of splash dmg in ICC

Boomkins aren't bad, they just suffer from RNG and any sort of interrupt to their casting, more so than any other class/spec.

Right now my DPS is a 40/40/10 percent splits between SF/Wrath/MF and then IS, Trees and Starfall making up the last 10%. That means that 80% of the damage is effected by Eclipse, if I get shitty procs or have any sort of movement, my Eclipse up time will be significantly shorter. I can go from an easy 8-9k DPS down to 5k just because of RNG and movement factors. Nothing I can do about it.

No other spec has such a huge reliance on 3 talent points or a random proc for their damage output. The only real comparisons are Savage roar (Which is user controlled) and Hot streak.

The other problem is that we barely scale in 25man raids. We are EXCELLENT for 10mans because we bring the majority of the buffs that effect our damage. From other buffs we can 5% crit, 5% haste and 3% damage. That's it outside standard buffs (Kings, AI and replenishment).

Beyond that is our stats scaling. We have 2 nukes with such vastly different casting speeds and buffs (Read; Eclipse), we soft cap out at Haste and Crit significantly earlier than any other spec. Haste soft cap is at 401, I reached that half way through Ulduar. Crit soft cap is around 37% in raids on your paper doll. I'm sitting at 34% crit and 570 haste with 4 pieces of ICC gear, 2 pieces tier. It's a bit ridiculous that before I even get to Hardmode loot, I'll be soft capping out on these stats.