Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Post your rogue UI!

Revamped it and mocked up some potential changes, hence the photo-shopping around the buttons:

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zwdkef.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Izzeren
    Is that a UI you put together yourself or once that is already made up? I have been looking for a new UI and I really like the looks of yours. I am the type of person that needs lots of bars because I keep alot of crap on mine. Yeah I could clean them up if I wanted to but I am constantly doing different things. Your UI seems to fit what I have been looking for.
    i got a SS of it in combat, without the character screen up and with combat stuff, ill upload it when i get home.
    the build itself comes from Raisa's UI (warlock from QT's Only Guild) with some stuff changed. its downloadable straight from the qt's only guild page but if you want to know my changes, i deleted all his addons that i deemed useless (cursory, and some other extraneous stuff), replaced some stuff (bigwigs for DBM, prat for chatter, postal for bulkmail etcetcetc) also, a big part of his UI was forte exorscist which i found useless for rogues because it tracked... basically nothing i cared about, so the two big bartender bars on top were replaced, and the rogue power bars replaced the thing in the middle. as i said, ill upload a in combat picture later so you can see everything moving instead of it sitting there.

this is an older SS, had some form of damage bug during this encounter as you can see from the numbers on my character showing red. i never figured out the cause of the bug but it cut my damage directly in half

whats the Unit frames (specificly debuff on target, it comes with UF?) you use??
    Thing, Im interested in is, how to make debuffs on target BY ME to be large like on my SS, using xperl?? (I want to change xperl, it's ugly and boring...)

btw, here's mine:

Quote Originally Posted by xDavidTChang
    broken weaps?? lol
    was a bug, look at my fubar no Dura lost i was full repaired and no red boxes around them, just something random that happened a total of 2 times on that same fight

Quote Originally Posted by xDavidTChang
    i got a SS of it in combat, without the character screen up and with combat stuff, ill upload it when i get home.
    the build itself comes from Raisa's UI (warlock from QT's Only Guild) with some stuff changed. its downloadable straight from the qt's only guild page but if you want to know my changes, i deleted all his addons that i deemed useless (cursory, and some other extraneous stuff), replaced some stuff (bigwigs for DBM, prat for chatter, postal for bulkmail etcetcetc) also, a big part of his UI was forte exorscist which i found useless for rogues because it tracked... basically nothing i cared about, so the two big bartender bars on top were replaced, and the rogue power bars replaced the thing in the middle. as i said, ill upload a in combat picture later so you can see everything moving instead of it sitting there.

now that im looking at it, idk why errorfilter is off, and why i've never moved my CP's up so its not clogging the middle, and my dbm timers left so their not on top of my buffs -.-
    but yup, thats basically what it looks like in combat, that shiny thing in the middle is a SnD track made through Power Aura's, its kind of hard to see sometimes because i set it to random color.

woops, editted forgot that area above my own UF is my quartz (pretty useless on a rogue but i do other stuffs too) and the space above it is for target's casting frame

Quote Originally Posted by Crottychop
    what buff addon are you using?
    Satrina Buff Frames

MY UI are in my videos.

youtube.com/maxwilso
    Charak - Blade's Edge - Raider - Season 4 Gladiator (Retired Rogue PvPer)
    Subscribe to my current youtube channel for current raid videos.
    www.youtube.com/maxwilso

If ya mouse over friendly/hostile target, it appear info bar about him in right down corner - I'm looking for addon that can change this, can you help me please?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qvasito
    If ya mouse over friendly/hostile target, it appear info bar about him in right down corner - I'm looking for addon that can change this, can you help me please?
    Tooltip on mouse does that.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Took this shot a while ago during some Firefighter attempts. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on what is what.

BBCode won't accept the resize option... so no preview for you.
    Keep Calm and Chive On!

Very basic UI, I usually hide recount too because i think it's distracting.
    I'm still looking for a lightweight enemy cast bar mod because imho the one included in IceHUD is not much visible.
    There's surely a lot of potential space to free on the screen by reorganizing/reskinning the standard ui components and someday I may look into that. Some addons you recommend for doing that?
    Combat:

Mutilate:

This mon proudly contributed to the legendary "Photoshopping GhostCrawler" thread.

Here's my UI. You'll get the general concept/flow from these shots. Raid is located on the LEFT side of the screen at a 60% Opacity via PITBULL and similar bar layout as the 'target of target' only much smaller with basic information needed for a raiding Rogue.

Target Castbar shot - own personal Castbar appears directly above 'player' unit.

Combat Shot - neat feature is a personalized version of an old addon to track buffs/debuffs. It's setup for 'all classes' and can track 'all debuffs' and 'buffs' by simply entering in the name, assigning it too the debuff/buff bar and giving it a personal color for easy identification!

Quote Originally Posted by elvez
    Very basic UI, I usually hide recount too because i think it's distracting.
    I'm still looking for a lightweight enemy cast bar mod because imho the one included in IceHUD is not much visible.
    There's surely a lot of potential space to free on the screen by reorganizing/reskinning the standard ui components and someday I may look into that. Some addons you recommend for doing that?

A WHAAT?? You are doing it wrong. Recount should never be hidden when you a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D Luffy

A WHAAT?? You are doing it wrong. Recount should never be hidden when you a rogue.
    Why is it so important? If that matters I've hidden my combat text too, except for the damage I'm taking. A dead rogue does 0 dps, only after the boss is dead recount has a meaning.

This mon proudly contributed to the legendary "Photoshopping GhostCrawler" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by elvez
    Why is it so important? If that matters I've hidden my combat text too, except for the damage I'm taking. A dead rogue does 0 dps, only after the boss is dead recount has a meaning.
    If you think recount is distractive, by all means hide it. I tend to gauge my performance by glancing at recount mid-fight, but to each their own.

I wouldn't hide the combat text though for the simple reason that there are boss fights out there, Kologarn comes to mind, where the hit box behaves somewhat erratically and you might end up, through no fault of your own, not hitting with auto-attacks. Most players will position themselves correctly nowadays, but back at the start of 3.1 I found this happening to me on more than one occasion. You'll probably notice this sort of thing after a few seconds, but I've found having a non-invasive scrolling combat text is great to notice it exactly when it's happening, and not a couple of seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface
    If you think recount is distractive, by all means hide it. I tend to gauge my performance by glancing at recount mid-fight, but to each their own.

I wouldn't hide the combat text though for the simple reason that there are boss fights out there, Kologarn comes to mind, where the hit box behaves somewhat erratically and you might end up, through no fault of your own, not hitting with auto-attacks. Most players will position themselves correctly nowadays, but back at the start of 3.1 I found this happening to me on more than one occasion. You'll probably notice this sort of thing after a few seconds, but I've found having a non-invasive scrolling combat text is great to notice it exactly when it's happening, and not a couple of seconds later.
    Yeah another situation where combat text might be useful is when doing Lady Deathwhisper's adds, so you can tell if you're erroneously hitting a physical-immune add (though our damage now is pretty much evenly split between physicals and poisons). But anyway, if you know how the encounter works, you shouldn't be doing such errors. It's like hitting the wrong Val'kyr in TOC.
    As far a as autoattacking goes, both the in-game sounds and the (filtered) error text usually do the job. And btw i've macro-ed my SS and mutilate with /startattack so it's basically impossible to not notice your main combo point generating ability is not landing.
    Not to mention damage text causes a significant performance drop on my machine, especially during heavy AOE phases.

Here's my UI.

My current, spell timers show up above ToT