Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Heroic instances nerf, Blue posts

No sanctuary city in Cataclysm
    We don't have plans for a sanctuary city in the likes of Shattrath or Dalaran for Cataclysm. For the most part players will be working out of their current faction capitals to keep in the spirit of bringing life back to the old world Azeroth.
    World Event achievements like turkey lurkey will be A LOT HARDER. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by floppyjr
    World Event achievements like turkey lurkey will be A LOT HARDER. >.<

Or do what I did, ask a friend to make a level 1 rogue from the faction you still need and wait for them to come outside the gates and shoot their rogue.

Re: 01/11 Hotfixes, Heroic instances nerf, Blue posts

Ye, cuz Flamestrike casted by mobs after Prince in OK is soooooooooo hard to see.

Plz just make all instances like TotC5. One room, boss rush. Win.

i don't understand the change to the slime puddles on putracide
    still grow during a stun?
    in our attempts on him the slime on the ground during the tear gas stun continued to expand...

10+ Year Old Account

My guild doesn't even manage to kill Festergut, so I guess that there will be some more nerfs until we meet the Prof.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Except that the 'tech' which puts the strain on the Northrend server (namely: phasing), will also 'infect' (read: be implemented) on both old world continent servers.
    Thus we will still continue to all lag our arses off, but this time in good ol' Orgrimmar.
    There already is phasing in Orgimmar, or hadn't you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    The comment about Cata dungeons being designed with LFG in mind really worries me. I was hoping that we would get fun and hard heroics all over Cata (I mean TBC-class heroics) but if they are designing them for random PuGs then I guess they will be piss easy. Personally considering how small the level range is, that means all normal dungeons will be right at the end range so why not let them be easy and give passable loot and make heroics really hard (maybe not as hard as TBC ones were but near to that).
    I think what they ment with that was that you can't skip any bosses like you do now when rushing to the last one. Altought i really hope that they arent going to make 'em as easy as in WoTLK. Maybe as fast, but not that easy : P
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

I am new here.. and I normally only read up on things and hardly post anything.. but what I read now it realy made me grrrr… Normally I’m not the complaining type, and with most changes I see in the long run what pro/negs they have.. Bliz always did there best to make the game enjoyable to play.. but lately (and began in wotlk) bliz is in my eyes losing his/her way…

I play this game for around 5 years now, and I can remember when I started that I was always looking up to people that had done dungeons/raids like mc/bwl etc. etc. In those days you were looked up to if you run in full T3.. In those days you went for fun to a aly/horde city and just stand there and see all the low levels try to beat you.. Ooh the days.. When TBC came out there was a run again to get the beautiful T4/T5/T6 and also in that time everybody stared at you and investigate you on you gear, and know that you got talent/skills.. still got my T6 in the bank because I really think you had earned it/worked hard for it…

But since Wotlk came out Bliz changed his strategy, and at first I was ok.. maybe it is a good idea to let people see end-game, because it is unfair that only the few among us saw BT etc.. But reading up more and more lately and see pugs going to ICC hardmode (10 man etc.) i think that blizz lost his way.. Now seeing the nerfs on dungeons that were really not hard to do(been there with even a blue tank) i thought let me post and hope blizz gets a signal because this can’t last.. Where are the days that this games was for people who really want to invest in the game and get the most beautiful things out of it.. Why is blizz in the first week on opening new wing nerfing things already.. In my opinion the game is becoming a dull place if you keep nerfing everything till the place that almost every noob (sorry that isn’t personal) can just buy/power lvl up and run everything with there eyes closed.

Just my opinion on this.. but nerfing things also nerfs the players level/skill.. If a player doesn’t have the skill to do these kind of dungeons maybe the game is not the place for them, and also you don’t need to have the dungeon finder filter out low levels (see posts on mmo here also).

I hope blizz will come to there senses before it is to late and people drop/quit this beautiful game..

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChicken
    I hope blizz will come to there senses before it is to late and people drop/quit this beautiful game..
    Sorry to burst your bubble - they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRight
    I can't figure out how they could make the patrols in OK any easier. Like I understand everything going on here with the easiness and the quickness but can the patrols really get simpler?
    There are a few pats that get pretty close to another group, for instance, if you take the right route to the first boss, the patrol at the bottom of the stairs. Then the patrol that can cut your group off if you didn't clear the left path. The two groups of elemental patrols before the last boss. All pulls that have caused my PUGs some problems.

Remember Loken and the wipes he caused? How about right now with H HoR being anything but faceroll for most groups?

Blizzard hasn't made any of the content itself easier, encounters have gotten more difficult, its just that the players have all gotten better.

I'm not complaining about gearing up taking a hell of a lot shorter either. I'll sacrifice the vain stupidity of people going AFK in the middle of cities just so others can inspect them for the countless very skilled players I've raided with who probably wouldn't have even seen that content with the amount of playtime they have. Blizzard is a business ladies and gentlemen, and if you only let a select number of players see end-game content those players are going to eventually quit. That's a lot of $15/months Blizzard wont be seeing anymore.

Everyone who's hit 80, done the requisite badge farming and made it past all the encounters in ICC (which are no walk in the park) should fight the Lich King. That's a hell of a lot better for the game than having to be in an uber-leet guild and put in 30 hours a week to see the absolutely amazing content of the past month or so.

10+ Year Old Account

even though im only what you might call a casual player this still makes me a bit pissed of there is no need to keep nerfing the dungeons there heroic FFS not slighty harder than normals
    i enjoy running a few heroics if im bored waiting for a raid to start or on my day off if a person cant handle the heroics then they shouldnt run them they should run normals till they can get there wellfare epics (and yes i do have a few wellfare epics but there from doing heroics and raiding not being carried) and try heroics again

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Cataclysm Dungeons
    We've learned a lot from our Wrath of the Lich King dungeons. I think you can expect us to approach Cataclysm dungeons with some new ideas, especially taking into consideration the Dungeon Finder. This system has drastically changed the way dungeons are run and we want to make sure future dungeons are designed with this in consideration.
    So basically everything has to be quick and easy, because otherwise people will just leave when a specific dungeon comes up (like Oculus). As much as I like the new random LFG tool, not all new dungeons should be designed with it in mind. There's a great danger here of killing even more diversity from the game. Yes there should be fast dungeons that you can chain run, but there should also be dungeons with creative mechanics (e.g., Oculus) and epic dungeons that take hour+ to finish (e.g., BRD).

Quote Originally Posted by Olderonous
    in our attempts on him the slime on the ground during the tear gas stun continued to expand...
    That confused me too when I read it. It's actually a typo. The slime puddles won't grow during the stun anymore, which is good. We wasted more than a few attempts to that.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/23/2241...-2010--14.html
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChicken
    I am new here.. and I normally only read up on things and hardly post anything.. but what I read now it realy made me grrrr… Normally I’m not the complaining type, and with most changes I see in the long run what pro/negs they have.. Bliz always did there best to make the game enjoyable to play.. but lately (and began in wotlk) bliz is in my eyes losing his/her way…

I play this game for around 5 years now, and I can remember when I started that I was always looking up to people that had done dungeons/raids like mc/bwl etc. etc. In those days you were looked up to if you run in full T3.. In those days you went for fun to a aly/horde city and just stand there and see all the low levels try to beat you.. Ooh the days.. When TBC came out there was a run again to get the beautiful T4/T5/T6 and also in that time everybody stared at you and investigate you on you gear, and know that you got talent/skills.. still got my T6 in the bank because I really think you had earned it/worked hard for it…

But since Wotlk came out Bliz changed his strategy, and at first I was ok.. maybe it is a good idea to let people see end-game, because it is unfair that only the few among us saw BT etc.. But reading up more and more lately and see pugs going to ICC hardmode (10 man etc.) i think that blizz lost his way.. Now seeing the nerfs on dungeons that were really not hard to do(been there with even a blue tank) i thought let me post and hope blizz gets a signal because this can’t last.. Where are the days that this games was for people who really want to invest in the game and get the most beautiful things out of it.. Why is blizz in the first week on opening new wing nerfing things already.. In my opinion the game is becoming a dull place if you keep nerfing everything till the place that almost every noob (sorry that isn’t personal) can just buy/power lvl up and run everything with there eyes closed.

Just my opinion on this.. but nerfing things also nerfs the players level/skill.. If a player doesn’t have the skill to do these kind of dungeons maybe the game is not the place for them, and also you don’t need to have the dungeon finder filter out low levels (see posts on mmo here also).

Someone brought the "back in the day shit was harder" argument again. That argument gets beaten by the "you have hardmodes" and "there is no right lv difficulty" arguments. Those 5 man nerfs are more of a "this instance will be less annoying" fix. Also players dont get their skills from 5 mans, they get their skills from friends and the internet (if they research their class). Also vanilla wasn't hard it just had more people that didnt know what to do, right now we have lots of strats and guides on how to play our class well.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by Olderonous
    Apparently it was a typo in the post. It has since been amended to:
    The Growing Ooze Puddles in the Professor Putricide encounter will no longer continue to grow while players are stunned.

10+ Year Old Account

Because heroics are just so damn challenging in the first place.

I'm sort of annoyed at the whole Battered Hilt thing. I thought Blizzard had moved on from the days of highly desirable items having sub-1% drop chances. All they look at is the statistics. They don't care if some guy who doesn't even need it gets it on the first drop and then promptly sells it for free money, and they don't care if someone who runs every dungeon every day for months never sees it drop, as long as the game is giving out the correct number of items what it takes to get them is meaningless.

Nerfing and making everything equal... its like communism :-\

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slasha
    Nerfing and making everything equal... its like communism :-\
    Blizzard agrees with communism.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring

Cataclysm Dungeons
    We've learned a lot from our Wrath of the Lich King dungeons. I think you can expect us to approach Cataclysm dungeons with some new ideas, especially taking into consideration the Dungeon Finder. This system has drastically changed the way dungeons are run and we want to make sure future dungeons are designed with this in consideration.
    So basically everything has to be quick and easy, because otherwise people will just leave when a specific dungeon comes up (like Oculus). As much as I like the new random LFG tool, not all new dungeons should be designed with it in mind. There's a great danger here of killing even more diversity from the game. Yes there should be fast dungeons that you can chain run, but there should also be dungeons with creative mechanics (e.g., Oculus) and epic dungeons that take hour+ to finish (e.g., BRD).
    1h+ dungeons no, please. That's for raids.

But getting 10 min easly lolololaoe runs at cataclysm is a bad thing... players will get bored really fast. Yes, when everything is lolololol people also get bored... and even faster. Not to mention starting a new xpac alread with the mentality "queue, grab 180 emblems, buy all gear in a day, pug raid... uahh... I guess it was enough for me last year, gonna do something diferent somewhere...".

Guess that's why they will gate the Path of the Titans...

Just hope they at least change how the Dungeon Finder works where you need to 1st go to the dungeon the normal away, beat it and then earn the ability to teleport to there after that (after all, 2nd, 3rd, 4th... time is farming, not questing/lore anymore). Keeps the imersion of the game + players learn where to go when releasing and running back.

I had the hope that they would make the normal and heroic settings of 5mans to be more in line with normal/heroic from raids. But guess it won't change. 5man heroics doesn't mean hardmodes, just emblem farm unfortunately.

Btw, people asking "what about HoS?". Look back at each change/nerf, they avoid changing things that impacts directly in the Glory of the Hero achievements. So, no, they will probably never change Brann's event (since you can even do that and the last boss only for your emblems) or Anubarak's submerge (speed kill) or the insanity from OK's last boss (another speed kill).

When they actually change something that impact on a achievement (like Jedoga's changes) it's because there's nothing more left there, everyone can outgear her buffed damage from volunteers... the Elder could also be done kiting him away since the launch, so... it's even worse now with easy to get high level gear... and oculus... well... it's oculus, they gave up on the make it count because also people with some knowledge could get it alread and tons of players avoiding the place is worse than give one achievement for free.

No, before someone says that, brann's event isn't done yet with high gear since it's about not letting him get a single hit... and people can still let one mob slip and hit him even with the highest gear possible... with is sad.

Guess they new achievements to do something to players from opposing faction will be done now in BGs/"Wintergrasps" hehehe nice.