Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What's up with people and Raise Ally?

I've never seen anyone get raised as an ally ever, not even when DK's where omfg uber leet at the start of Wotlk. Raise ally is just not that important, and if there is no druid in an raid or dungeon i turn around and watch some TV. (never in my life would expect an raise ally,)

Quote Originally Posted by Amstel
    I've never seen anyone get raised as an ally ever, not even when DK's where omfg uber leet at the start of Wotlk. Raise ally is just not that important, and if there is no druid in an raid or dungeon i turn around and watch some TV. (never in my life would expect an raise ally,)
    yes the damage is low

yes it may not make a difference

but it is SOMETHING

and to your guild leaders it probably looks good that your trying to help and increase the raid's damage

15+ Year Old Account

i've never seen anyone actually use it an when i die i usally say on vent brb dead gettin drink/bio so i really dont see the problem
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Most DKs don't bother using it...ever! Funnily enough I've had it used on me ONCE during a PuG VoA run. The DK accused me of not doing anything after getting ressed but I had been right beside the boss Dpsing him.

Anyway another reason is that since most DKs dont ever ress, alot of people wouldn't know how to use the ghoul and would stand around looking at the abilities. Good for you if you ress but sadly most of your class couldn't care less about the ability.

Hmm let's see, do i want to be raised as a ghoul by someone who should be dpsing the boss or would i rather be rebirthed by a druid. If i was in a raiding guild ofc, with smart players, tough choice that.

and also, killarth, contrary to your last statement you addressed to me, i am one of the people in malygos who often has a mark so idiots like you know where to go and i have completed occulus every time i have had the pleasure of the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragels
    Probably one of the most idiotic posts I have seen on MMO-Champ.

Just because you are a lazy douche bag who doesn't want to be helpful, doesn't mean you shouldn't.
    How wrong you are aswell, i can tell you don't actually read these forums much, do you just come here for the cute pictures of kittens playing with thread?

I played a healer for so long in this game because im so lazy and don't like to be helpful. Damn you DKs are so utterly stupid it's hard to comprehend you can even dress yourselves every day let alone switch a computer on and use a keyboard.
    Born under the Discipline tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise
    Hmm let's see, do i want to be raised as a ghoul by someone who should be dpsing the boss or would i rather be rebirthed by a druid. If i was in a raiding guild ofc, with smart players, tough choice that.

and also, killarth, contrary to your last statement you addressed to me, i am one of the people in malygos who often has a mark so idiots like you know where to go and i have completed occulus every time i have had the pleasure of the instance.
    Last time i got raised as a ghoul, all i could think was which (insert lovely name you call DKs) just raised me as a ghoul.

Keep your stinking DK hands to yourself and leave my corpse alone tbh.

I don't play your class i play my class, i dont want to go chew on someone or make myself explode so IF you feel the need to use the ability you had best lose all hope of it being put to good use and take it as a bonus when it is.
    Now you're changing your opinion. Did you we give the option of being rebirthed by a druid or being rezzed by a DK? No. You're just trying to tunnel yourself out of a very deep, embarassing post you made.

You just sound like one of those lazy assholes who doesnt bother to read up on raid fights, research your class, or even come to a raid with flasks.
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Yes, because you can never know when you'll receive a res of any kind.
    As all good raiding guilds we communicate on these thing called Ventrilo or Teamspeak... You might have heard about it, alt tabbing and looking at facebook will not disable either of these wonderful applications, so IF someone will get a res during a raid they will announce so on one of these features.

Another thing good raiders do is not die, and if we do we either get a combat res(if deemed necessary) or we stay dead, having a DK that is busy tanking or DPSing finding said dead person in his raid frames, be sure to be in range of said target and cast said spell on dead target will probably result in the DK losing more DPS then the ghoul would provide in the first place.

In a 5 man I would never accept it anyways as it would serve no purpouse whatsoever and most likely just slow us down more then what it would accepting it.

Main point is: A good raider knows when he/she will get a res and if he will get a res because good raiders communicate before and during boss fights.

'Cause the druid(s) couldnt possibly have blown their rebirth/died/Guild doesnt have one/Druid is gone for the night, right? Not like the spell isnt instant cast... If there's no other possible way to come back you'd still decline the ghoul rez?

In other news: I've been rezzed by a dk only once after our tank dropped and the druid rebirthed him, in H-HoR. Somehow we managed to pull the fight out of our rears with the tank screwing up and killing myself and the huner.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceforge
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Yes it fucks up Bres
    No.

Deleted

i have an ather question: do we realy need DEATHKNIGHTS in raids now days ?
    they are are just useless , we did great job before , why we need them now ? for what?

Because we're awesome.

I usually tell a dk to use raise ally on me if they can spare a sec to click it, nothing better then staying in the fight for another few secs (mins if i can live) then just lying there as a motionless corpse waiting to release/be rezzed.

I think a lot of people just don't expect it. I barely ever see DKs using raise ally and i often don't even use it on mine. Its quite an underwhelming spell.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

they just go afk or wacth the fight and didn't notice?

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&cn=Salomo

It's been said, raising someone as a ghoul would lower the DK's dps more than the ghoul can put out, so it's a waste of time.

Also,

Quote this;
    Get fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude
    i have an ather question: do we realy need DEATHKNIGHTS in raids now days ?
    they are are just useless , we did great job before , why we need them now ? for what?
    Not to wake you up or anything but a DK that knows how to play his class is always one of the top dps'rs in a raid. So unless you dont raid offc and only do heroics wich causes dk's usually to not be top deu to the fact most mobs/bosses there are death by the time a dk gets his dps up i would suggest you read a bit more on abilities dk's give in raids.
    As far ON topic >> its not hard to see when you get ressed as ghoul in heroics >> you get a new casting bar. Pay attention people. As far raiding goes >> 9 out of the 10 raids you have druids for BR and no risen ally is required since its shitty dps anyways.

Tell you what. We'll bring the rum. You bring the monkey. And a top hat. And some grease.

flame topic ftw

anyway used it once in a heroic while i was tanking, sure it will cost you a second but it gives the guy that died something to do.

if i died as a dps and the dk could raise me i would gladly accept it, dps might be low but atleast i dont have to wait till the fight is over. (sure i can go watch tv or talk to some friends on chatprograms but i logged on wow for a reason : )

Because using Raise Ally takes such an awful long time. The DK will surely be losing a ton of DPS if he's as stupid as you say. Oh lordie.
    Most good DKs use the spell when they have their runes on cooldown anyway. Plus, it's not like every DK is stupid enough to use Raise Ally when there is a Rebirth available in the raid, or a DPS available to be used for the spell.

I played a healer for so long in this game because im so lazy and don't like to be helpful. Damn you DKs are so utterly stupid it's hard to comprehend you can even dress yourselves every day let alone switch a computer on and use a keyboard.
    At least DKs don't complain as much as healers tend to do. It happens way too often in heroics when some sort of impatient healer doesn't think it's going fast enough when he can't even save me if I pull an additional pack of mobs. And of course they blame it on the tank. 42k health with self-buff and "not geared enough", my arse.

But it's good to know that there's at least one healer that didn't complain here! OH WAIT
    (And I'm not generalizing all healers as complainers... Just bad or otherwise elitist healers. Good, kind healers are always appreciated.)

Oh, and:
    Not to wake you up or anything but a DK that knows how to play his class is always one of the top dps'rs in a raid.
    This is true. Although they're sometimes few, good DKs who knows how to play their class will usually top DPS unless there's some other DPS that knows how to play his class just as well, or better. In my opinion, more DPS = more dead boss.

On-topic: People just don't expect it. Most DKs probably don't even remember that they have the spell. And the reason they don't use it if they do remember it? People just stand there. Yet another cruel circle. Or something. I dunno.

Oh, and OP, no offense... But you should check for sarcasm before you post. I know some people are annoying, but it might save you a little bit of frustration, you know.

Deleted

Make a macro whispering ppl when you use raise ally on them. As for me, last time a DK did it on me I didn't notice, because I was watching at grid, and at what was happening in the fight.

last time I got raised I couldn't be ressed afterwards. no loot for me. ofc, it was a long time ago but whenever someone raises a fallen char I do get a little angry because of that.