Thread: Mage PvE FAQ

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    kk
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Arcanitey

yes, i know im a miner, but im not in a serious min/max raiding guild, and i top the meters in pug (if u think thats strange, plz remember that your server=/=my server).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    kk
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Arcanitey

yes, i know im a miner, but im not in a serious min/max raiding guild, and i top the meters in pug (if u think thats strange, plz remember that your server=/=my server).
    You seem to have done your homework, good sir. Only thing I can pick on is that you have your JC gems placed wrong. Replace the 23sp gems in your belt with JC gems and gem for set bonus in the robe. Then the next step would be replacing reckless ametrines with potent ametrines. Everything seems right, rawr is either buggy or poorly set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    You seem to have done your homework, good sir. Only thing I can pick on is that you have your JC gems placed wrong. Replace the 23sp gems in your belt with JC gems and gem for set bonus in the robe. Then the next step would be replacing reckless ametrines with potent ametrines. Everything seems right, rawr is either buggy or poorly set up.
    ya, ill admit to being bad with gem placements.
    thing is, i just dont feel im at the haste level for replacing all those gems, i want to hit the 800 haste (3 fireballs in the 2pt10 bonus) before i gem crit.
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.

I still play with 11% hit as arcane for the sole reason of add dps on bosses like LDW, Saurfang, PP, Dreamwalker, LichKing so that if there is no 3% hit buff on them I can still be hit capped and crit effectively. Also on the slight offchance the druid or spriest lets there buff fall for some odd reason or die and its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by deadmetal View Post
    I still play with 11% hit as arcane for the sole reason of add dps on bosses like LDW, Saurfang, PP, Dreamwalker, LichKing so that if there is no 3% hit buff on them I can still be hit capped and crit effectively. Also on the slight offchance the druid or spriest lets there buff fall for some odd reason or die and its gone.
    if i remember correctly
    all those adds(or most) are only lvl 82 and only a 6%(?) chance 2 miss

10+ Year Old Account
    if i remember correctly
    all those adds(or most) are only lvl 82 and only a 6%(?) chance 2 miss
    Correct.

ya, ill admit to being bad with gem placements.
    thing is, i just dont feel im at the haste level for replacing all those gems, i want to hit the 800 haste (3 fireballs in the 2pt10 bonus) before i gem crit.
    You shouldn't gem crit yet. You don't lack crit, at all. You lack spell power and a bit of haste.

Edit:

Swizzle, you're missing a consumable part in your guide!
    Last edited by Valanna; 2010-08-02 at 04:21 AM.

Hit the 17% spell cap thru talents and gear

Spec a cookie cutter arcane spec

Cast two spells:

Arcane Blast
    and (w/ Missile Barrage) Arcane Missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Hit the 17% spell cap thru talents and gear

Spec a cookie cutter arcane spec

Cast two spells:

Arcane Blast
    and (w/ Missile Barrage) Arcane Missiles.
    and then be like every mage i see in pugs who specs arcane and then gets eaten alive by the fire mage who knows what s/he is doing in icc amirite?
    BUT, it can go both ways (lol. depends on skill/gearing choices)
    aka the mage who went 4pt10+plaguebringer/woven death(depends on other gear)>mage who went t10shoulders/helm with frost badge chest/gloves

Very nice post

10+ Year Old Account
    Very helpful for someone new to maging. Well somewhat new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed something quite strange today with rawr. v2.3.21 rates Purified Dreadstones higher than Potent Ametrines and Runed Cardinal Rubies in blue sockets that only award +5 spell power socket bonus. At first I thought it had to have something to do with the settings, but after double checking them and running all available gear through optimizer at highest thoroughness countless of times, it still ended up with those Purified Dreadstones in the sockets only awarding +5 spell power. It generates a dps difference of about 15 in total, so it's not really an issue, but it's worth looking into, I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    the t9 bug is apparently intended according to a GM i spoke to recently, so the bonus is being applied valuing purifieds higher.
    BfA Beta Time

damn, I was hoping to get rid of this annoying gear swapping atleast at some point before cata :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    the t9 bug is apparently intended according to a GM i spoke to recently, so the bonus is being applied valuing purifieds higher.
    Thought so. Sad that we're actually "supposed" to exploit a bug for maximum dps.

[QUOTE=Teckdragon;8163321]Well it's assumed anyone who might actually raid heroic ICC is aware enough to be fire already, thus stating it somewhat pointless.[COLOR="red"]

Fire is better for your own dps but just about every 25 has 2 mages and if thats the case you keep one as arcane to get the 3% dmg buff for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Fire is better for your own dps but just about every 25 has 2 mages and if thats the case you keep one as arcane to get the 3% dmg buff for everyone.
    Yeah, 'cause no competent raid leader would bring a ret paladin to get 3% crit on target, replenishment, judgement and 3% raid wide damage instead of nerfing a mage into oblivion by forcing it to go arcane. Right?

yeah, nothing hurts more than missing a HPal, shadowmourne ret goes holy, and magey-mage #2 goes arcane for H LK.....weak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidphoenix View Post
    yeah, nothing hurts more than missing a HPal, shadowmourne ret goes holy, and magey-mage #2 goes arcane for H LK.....weak
    You're gonna have to make more sense than that, good sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    You're gonna have to make more sense than that, good sir.
    He's saying that they're doing HLK and missing a holy pally.
    Their Uber DPS Shadowmoure retardin goes holy to fill the gap.
    And their second mage goes Arcane.
    It makes him sad.

i has a translator...nice