Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Are arms warriors a good starter class for arena??

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Warrior have lots of things that are really neat, but fact of the matter is: warriors don't need them and do well without them. Additionally warriors don't have *that* many hotkeys. comparable to a mutilate rogue, a LOT less than a shadowdance rogue and about half as many as a priest.
    I haven't played a mut/shadowdance or priest at a serious level, I have though tried em out a couple of hours on friends accounts, and I have a hard time to picture priests having twice as many keybindings as a warrior

The abilitys i have keybinded are:
    Charge
    MS
    Hamstring
    Overpower
    Pummel
    Execute
    Thunderclap
    Piercing howl
    Demo shout
    Battle shout
    Commanding shout
    Intercept
    intervene
    Intimidating shout
    Heroic throw
    Shattering throw
    Blood rage
    Berserker's rage
    Enraged regeneration
    Bladestorm
    Sweeping strikes
    Disarm
    Spellreflection
    Shield slam
    Sunder armor
    Shield block
    Shield wall
    Revenge
    Whirlwind
    Shield bash
    Slam(Veeery rarely used, but it's there)
    Heroic strike

Well, those are the abilitys that I frequently use in arenas(May have forgotten one or more), and I also depend a lot on the following macros:

Equip 1h+shield -> Def stance, press again -> Spellreflect
    Equip 2h & battlestance
    Equip 2h & Berserker's stance
    Intervene @healer
    Charge @focus
    Intercept @focus
    Pummle/shieldbash @focus
    Charge & Cancelaura bladestorm
    intercept & Cancleaura bladestorm

That sums up to 41 abilities/keybindings that I use in most of my arena games, I have a really hard time seeing a priest use 82 different keybindings.
    (especially when priests have only 30 abilitys to use in the arena, I'm including buffs like fortitude)

And on-topic: It's not the easiest class to begin with, and probably not the hardest one either. But practice=Success.

I believe it's pretty easy to reach a fairly OK skill-level as a warrior, but probably one of the harder classes to play flawless.

I said about.
    But I'll agree with you: MS has slightly more keybinds than mutilate, just checked it. However: quite a few of those are very rarely used... things like challenging shout (I mean come on: who doesn't have the pet on passive) etc.
    But my point still stands: a warrior can be played very well, but relies a LOT less on finesse than other classes, because they have a relatively high innate survivability and decent rng burst/cd independent burst.
    Any class is hard to play at the highest level, and you'll never hear me say something different.

Priest just has a lot of binds, because you also need self-cast for every spell. Usually you can just use the alt modifier, but it doesn't always work.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Balo
    Forgot to ask how should I gem (str or Arp), key talents in arms and glyph if I do end up doing this??
    Do not gem for ArPen if you don't reach like 45% passive ArPen (and thats without the set bonus) and you have Grim Toll/Needle Encrusted Scorpion.