When is the right time to go from Stamina->Agility gems?

I've been lurking around here for a while, watching the great debates on whether a bear should be gemming for agility/defense or stamina. From what I have read I have made the following assumptions:

1) Some healers like a sponge, some don't. (In my case, my healers generally prefer to see me with more health)

2) Most people agree that you need enough health to survive a few hits, so some stamina is needed.

3) As soon as stamin and agility gemming is mentioned a horde of people begin argueing...let's all play nicely here!

So, my question is whether or not I have enough health now to begin gemming for avoidance. If I do, how much health should I have at the end of the day?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...trigg&cn=Avenn

15+ Year Old Account

Re: When is the right time to go from Stamina->Agility gems?

check your raids. do you ever drop below 15k health at all? if yes, than you can gem agility or at least shifting dreadstones without being afraid of being a 2shot for bosses.

15+ Year Old Account

At the end of the day, you want at least ~50k for 10-man ICC, ~55k for 25-man ICC. You're free to gem above that -- it doesn't hurt to have ~5k more. If you're only going for the first 4 bosses, ~5k less is sufficient.

Once you can hit that mark, with trinkets or whatever as needed, fill in avoidance/mitigation for the rest.

IMO you should gem for some more socket bonuses; Most specifically your helm, boots, and rings. Useful socket bonuses maximize your stats. If it's a yellow socket then it's not worth going for unless the bonus is +6 agility or higher (defense vs agility arguments aside). If it's just red and blue sockets then you should absolutely have that bonus.

You have well more than enough stamina stacked. Ironically, this is a good thing because you have very, very low armor... This can be corrected partially by starting to migrate back towards some agi.

IMO, convert some of the gems to shifting, especially where there's a good socket bonus. Take the helm for example - you put a +30 stam in, where by going shifting you lose 15 stamina but gain 18 agi. That's a deal you shouldn't be passing up.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    You have well more than enough stamina stacked. Ironically, this is a good thing because you have very, very low armor... This can be corrected partially by starting to migrate back towards some agi.

IMO, convert some of the gems to shifting, especially where there's a good socket bonus. Take the helm for example - you put a +30 stam in, where by going shifting you lose 15 stamina but gain 18 agi. That's a deal you shouldn't be passing up.
    What this guy said. Agility has always been better then stamina point for point. Only problem is you get 30 stamina in a gem compared to 20 for agility, thus making stam better if there's no bonus. 18 agility > 18 stam, so ofc 18 agi > 15 stam.