Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: What's your favourite band/artist? Why?

LAMB OF GOD <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtcobainzz
    2nag, you are my hero. Someone finally mentions AiC. I think they're quite possibly the most underrated band of all time. Also, Cornell is a beast. Did you know Soundgarden reunited? I think it'll be rough on the drummer, Matt Cameron, though. Drumming for both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden will be rough on touring, and such.
    Calling AiC underrated would be correct I guess, but I don't really see why... Layne had this supertalented vocalcord which really made my days for a couple of years. He's pretty much up there with Cornell, even though there's no boundaries for how far he would've come if he didn't go into that darn depression... God damn you people for discovering drugs!

Soundgarden reuniting was something i gladly discovered a couple weeks back, and believe me it came like a gift from god and I pretty much went extatic for almost a week, until i remembered the fact that Chris' voice has pretty much been more and more decayed over the years due to heavy drinking and smoking on his side, but he _did_ do a lot of good vocals in Audioslave, so I really hope that some of his prime is still in that throat! The part that worries be about the reunite is Matt being in Pearl Jam( fu, Eddie vedder! > ), but I hope he'll be able to play for both bands or just stick with SG.... Getting back Kim's guitar and that nasty low bass would be king, too bad I won't be able to see them... :-X

Quote Originally Posted by 2nag
    Calling AiC underrated would be correct I guess, but I don't really see why... Layne had this supertalented vocalcord which really made my days for a couple of years. He's pretty much up there with Cornell, even though there's no boundaries for how far he would've come if he didn't go into that darn depression... God damn you people for discovering drugs!

Soundgarden reuniting was something i gladly discovered a couple weeks back, and believe me it came like a gift from god and I pretty much went extatic for almost a week, until i remembered the fact that Chris' voice has pretty much been more and more decayed over the years due to heavy drinking and smoking on his side, but he _did_ do a lot of good vocals in Audioslave, so I really hope that some of his prime is still in that throat! The part that worries be about the reunite is Matt being in Pearl Jam( fu, Eddie vedder! > ), but I hope he'll be able to play for both bands or just stick with SG.... Getting back Kim's guitar and that nasty low bass would be king, too bad I won't be able to see them... :-X
    Without drugs, we probably wouldn't have half of the music mentioned in this thread. :P
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Zico Chain. They are pure awesome. Not been around for that long. Not that well known (which is a crime in itself) but doesnt stop them writing some quality music and putting on an amazing show.

http://www.myspace.com/zicochain (check them out. Not everyones cup of tea obviously but meh)

A Day to Remember <- Cuz the mix of Clean Vocals and Screaming has a special place in my heart

Circa Survive and Old Saosin (avec Anthony Green) <- Cuz Anthony Green has the best falsetto i've ever heard. Got time? Listen to "The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is the Dose".

As for when playing WoW....A State of Trance Radio Show or Podcasts - cuz Armin Van Buuren is God when it comes to Trance

Quote Originally Posted by Sien
    Silversun Pickups are a better Smashing Pumpkins then Smashing Pumpkins. Just in case you're looking for new music xD.
    Cheers I discovered a new band.

I have several favorites, and it would be a shame not naming them all.

*Agalloch
    *Porcupine Tree
    *Radiohead
    ---
    *Dredg
    *Opeth
    *Tool
    *Anathema
    *Neil Young

10+ Year Old Account

The Dresden Dolls

I just love everything about them, the lyrics, the piano pounding awesomeness that is Amanda Palmer, and the energy of their live shows.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Deleted

I've loved a lot of bands. In many different genres, pop, country, rock, alternative and metal.

Though, of all those, i sit tight on metal.

And of all the bands ive loved through my time, Swedish folk/heavy metal band - Falconer takes the lead. Clearly.

I don't exactly know why, but these guys has a thing for lyrics and their ingenious symphony of originality and their supreme teamwork and coordination is just amazing.
    The way the band just reflect each other when they play is what makes them so special... also, many metal bands has a lead singer who ain't exactly the best at singing (in my opinion... thank you)... Though, Matt Barlow from Iced Earth does a good job... This guy in Falconer - Matthias Blad - Has this amazing voice, and his vocal range and octave control is just wonderful, i'd listen to him whatever genre he turns!

-just my 5 cents

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Iron Maiden, because they are Iron Maiden.
    The truest words ever spoken (typed?) on the internet.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

this should explain itself.

I hopped off the plane at LAX
    with a dream and my cardigan
    welcome to the land of fame excess, (woah)
    am I gonna fit in?

Jumped in the cab,
    Here I am for the first time
    Look to the right and I see the Hollywood sign
    This is all so crazy
    Everybody seems so famous

My tummys turnin and I'm feelin kinda home sick
    Too much pressure and I'm nervous,
    That's when the taxi man turned on the radio
    and a Jay Z song was on
    and the Jay Z song was on
    and the Jay Z song was on

So I put my hands up
    They're playing my song,
    And the butterflys fly away
    Noddin' my head like yeah
    Moving my hips like yeah,
    And I got my hands up,
    They're playin my song
    I know I'm gonna be ok
    Yeah, It's a party in the USA

Get to the club in my taxi cab
    Everybody's lookin at me now
    Like “whos that chick, thats rockin' kicks?
    She gotta be from out of town”

So hard with my girls not around me
    Its definitely not a Nashville party
    Cause' all I see are stilletos
    I guess I never got the memo

My tummys turnin and I'm feelin kinda home sick
    Too much pressure and I'm nervous
    That's when the D.J. dropped my favorite tune
    and a Britney song was on
    and the Britney song was on
    and the Britney song was on

So I put my hands up
    They're playing my song,
    And the butterflys fly away
    Noddin' my head like yeah
    Moving my hips like yeah,
    And I got my hands up,
    They're playin my song
    I know I'm gonna be ok

The Beatles, because they made better music than anyone else.
    I'm better than you

HORSE the band.

Deleted

Enigma.
    Music is mysterious and makes u feel relaxed.
    If u listen to the text ur way of thinking and seeing things really change.

Who in the hell said: God damn you people for discovering drugs! - Hideous!

I'm sorry for I am sure this is as obvious as possible but this calls for a Bill hicks moment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ

With of course: Bill hicks on Drugs and Music!

i would have to go with paradise lost, forsome reason most of their songs get stuck in my head and i just cant seem to get it out >.< and also safety dance!

Love the style of Black Eye Peas.....they have excellent songs and music synchronization...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

My favorites are Dir en grey and Turmion Kätilöt.
    Why Dir en grey? I've liked it for years and I am still in love with their music. I don't know why. It just sounds almost perfect to me.
    Why Turmion Kätilöt? It's so HC! Rawr music. I also like rammstein but Turmion Kätilöt owns em imo.

But I also like trance and disco/dance music, hiphop, pop etc.etc. Just depends on my mood and song. But when I play wow I love to listen Turmion Kätilöt because then I feel like I'm owning hard!

Justin Beiber. His voice is so innocent and pure.

Nah, just kidding. Rise against or Coldplay.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US