Thread: [Music] Metal

Page 10 of 463 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Fendel

Megadeth (oh yes)

Random note, I saw them in concert with Job for a Cowboy, Children of Boden, and In Flames.

Fun times

A band I recently got into, knew them for ages.. But I couldn't really like the vocalist then..
    Now I enjoy it all, Noble is their best album..

This is for all y'all symphonic, neo-classical, shred metal lovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LfpQajdcUs

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    A band I recently got into, knew them for ages.. But I couldn't really like the vocalist then..
    Now I enjoy it all, Noble is their best album..

This is for all y'all symphonic, neo-classical, shred metal lovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LfpQajdcUs
    Ahaha, Versailles <3 So surprised to see them on here. I've liked them since they first popped up a few years ago. Very good music.
    Though, most of what I listen to now is death and/or prog. metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    Ahaha, Versailles <3 So surprised to see them on here. I've liked them since they first popped up a few years ago. Very good music.
    Though, most of what I listen to now is death and/or prog. metal.
    Yes, it's surprising to find someone who actually likes good music.
    I'm usually the only one.

You're lucky there are mods on the prowl for me, because if this was any other forum, I'd probably rip you apart piece by piece for calling those bands "metal". They're not even worthy of being called metalcore either.

Metalcore is stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utT0lLC6d5Q
    Those bands you linked are pop rock bands attempting to be hardcore and metal.
    I hate those types of Metal bands, they are such god. Makes me wanna kick a baby.

I mean the guy is deepthroating the mic and just either pig squealing or growling like he is dying and the drummer sounds like he is playing the drums with a hammer and dosent know how to play. And the guitarist sound like they are playing with scissors.

But then again, I listen to melo-metal and melo-death.

Give those a try, they will melt your face and fill you with power.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Kataxu
    Let me quote your previous post:

See what you did there? You just proved most of my argument. Amon Amarth's MUSICAL STYLE (GENRE!) is Melodic Death Metal. Melodic Death Metal with Viking lyrics. I already explained what Viking Metal is... Scandinavian Folk Metal. Amon Amarth is not Folk Metal. If you would get it out of your skull that lyrics make genres, then you'd see the logic.

Amon Amarth = Melodic Death Metal
    Viking Metal = Nydvind, Turisas, Yggdrasil, Folkearth, Anerhoth, Nord, etc. A lot have their own artistic license and add stuff like synth and orchestra (like Turisas) but the general idea remains the same. Scandinavian-influenced folk metal.

If you can't see how ridiculous your argument is after my last post about lyrics and genres, then we are done. You are seriously poisoning the genre-pool by you beliefs that the lyrics make the genre, and will cause confusion for more and more and more people, extending the pool unnecessarily, further adding to the confusion and making people think metal is a joke more than they already do after hearing stuff like "Pirate Metal" and "Viking Metal". Hell, once somebody called Lugubrum "Farmer Metal". You'd probably be one of the people to do that, too.
    I agree. If you are going to label genres, at least know what the fuck the genre is first.

Amon Amarth, even though they do sing heavily into Viking/Norse mythology, does not make them Viking Metal with they style of music they use. Say for example a new melodic death/metal band pops up and sings abour Irish history and what not and uses alot of the folk seemed stuff. Well then in that case by your reasiong, they are Irish Folk Metal. Well what about the actual genre of Irish folk music, which in no way sounds anything like metal, what about them? What are they now? You now have to relabel them as well. Or you could just say that the metal band is a melodic metal with Irish folk influences, instead of calling something it isnt.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    I hate those types of Metal bands, they are such god. Makes me wanna kick a baby.

I mean the guy is deepthroating the mic and just either pig squealing or growling like he is dying and the drummer sounds like he is playing the drums with a hammer and dosent know how to play. And the guitarist sound like they are playing with scissors.

But then again, I listen to melo-metal and melo-death.

Give those a try, they will melt your face and fill you with power.
    That's not metal, it's metalcore.. There's a difference.
    And those guys are better at their instruments than most musicians you listen to.

Also, Rhapsody released a song from their upcoming album for all you Power Metal fans out there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx6s_WUS6IU

No, I won't call them Rhapsody of Fire.

Avatar - Their latest album is a kind of a melodic/death metal mix and it's totally amazing. I also really like the energy of their drummer and the singers voice Check them out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCvpFbu9n14

Falconer - The mix of the kind of medieval/ viking metal is something that i really like

Sabaton - I honestly can't tell why i like these guys, their lyrics are stupid and their songs all sound alike... still i listen to them a lot :/

But my taste for music is kinda wierd... one day i listen to stuff like this ^, and the next day i'm sitting there with songs like "I don't wanna miss a thing" and "How to save a life" :s

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests

I like all types of metal so it will take time to name all good bands, but right now I feel like listening to Soilwork (Swedish Melodic Death Metal) or In Flames (Swedish Melodic Death Metal too)

Edit: Forgot to mention Hypocrisy
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

Soilwork is shitty metalcore.

10+ Year Old Account

Soilwork is shitty metalcore.
    Yah and theres nothing you can do about it, qq moar
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

I can't believe some of these bands haven't been mentioned yet, but I guess I'll list some of my favorites.

Khanate
    Sunn 0)))
    Mayhem
    Meshuggah
    Nile
    Pig Destroyer
    Burnt by the Sun
    Knut

Other than that I'm really into electronic music, but that's a different topic .

"The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster."

Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane
    Yah and theres nothing you can do about it, qq moar
    Don't call it melodeath, then. Dumbass.

That said, I bet you also listen to In Flames' metalcore period.. In which case, you should stop posting here.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't call it melodeath, then. Dumbass.

That said, I bet you also listen to In Flames' metalcore period.. In which case, you should stop posting here.
    1. Soilwork = Melodeath
    2. In Flames = Melodeath
    3. amg a random guy from a random place is telling me to stop post in this thread?!!!?1?
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

Deleted

Mastodon + Opeth + Gojira = Win

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I love System of a Down. First heard them in Guitar Hero (ya, you can laugh), but I really love them, I have all their albums, and listen to them frequently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0e86M61_08

You just got slapped in the face with the best middle eastern folk metal band. Better enjoy it and get their albums.

15+ Year Old Account

It's been a long time since I was really into Metal but I still like;

Dethklok (Whether it's considered a metal band or not is up for debate but meh.),
    Bathory,
    In Flames,
    Children of Bodom,
    My Dying Bride.
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation

Assorted others, nothing special.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    I agree. If you are going to label genres, at least know what the fuck the genre is first.

Amon Amarth, even though they do sing heavily into Viking/Norse mythology, does not make them Viking Metal with they style of music they use. Say for example a new melodic death/metal band pops up and sings abour Irish history and what not and uses alot of the folk seemed stuff. Well then in that case by your reasiong, they are Irish Folk Metal. Well what about the actual genre of Irish folk music, which in no way sounds anything like metal, what about them? What are they now? You now have to relabel them as well. Or you could just say that the metal band is a melodic metal with Irish folk influences, instead of calling something it isnt.
    I know what you mean. I've always personally called Amon Amarth Viking-themed Melodic Death Metal.

Also people checked out the new Kalmah album yet ? I was seriously counting down the days untill I could get my hands on the album and I conclude that this is imo their best song of their 2010 album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEVkkZCEoho

<3 crazy long solo!