Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    They're a band I've been meaning to check out. I've been trying a lot of more technical death bands recently(such as the Obscura stuff I posted above), Quo Vadis, Augury, and so on. And of course:

Aw yeah, gotta love 'em. I had Stillborn One as my ringtone for like a year lol.

Too much tech-death. Must break with progressive, jazz-infused sludge.

MOAR DELICIOUS MDM

^

Sounds refreshing. Me likes.

Soilwork has some good songs as well.

These guys are a bit more "-coreish", but I love 'em.

Nothing wrong with Darkest Hour. Metalcore doesn't have to be bad.

I'm not really into guitar solos (which is weird considering I play classical guitar), but they're done incredibly well on this album.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-12-26 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Nothing wrong with Darkest Hour. Metalcore doesn't have to be bad.
    No, of course not, I just typically don't care for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. Would people care to provide some feedback on the site? Made sure to finish it during the holidays before we have that gig with Ulcerate (*boogies*) and want to make sure it's working fine before then.

http://www.digitalserotonin.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Hm. Would people care to provide some feedback on the site? Made sure to finish it during the holidays before we have that gig with Ulcerate (*boogies*) and want to make sure it's working fine before then.

http://www.digitalserotonin.net
    I like its simplicity. On the front page you have your new album cover, and when switching between the other pages the album cover stays in the background. It works with other pages but makes the "Media" page look a bit messy imo. The player needs more songs!
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-12-27 at 06:03 PM.

The scoll bar that comes up when viewing biography looks nasty because it's un-themed. Media is messy as Bluewhale said. Press has the same scroll bar. Page asks me to translate from Catalan to English (lolololololol).

Other than that, looks awesome. Really dig the minimalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Media is a bit messy cos I got complaints 'about not using the full space of the page'. So ye. Would've preferred that to be the same smaller width as the rest of the pages, but can't be helped.

Player will get another song once the CD comes back from the mastering (or rather, rework of the mastering. We returned the first one.) Am hesitant to include older songs as the quality in recording is miles better now.

Not sure how to get the scrollbar themed in Firefox and didn't see the point in fixing it for IE only. If someone can tell me how to get it black/silver for Firefox/Chrome as well, I'll go fix it instantly. (edit: far as I know, it's still impossible due to not being W3C compliant.)

Thanks for the compliments (and confirming what I agreed with before messing up the media page *shakes fist @ bandmate*).

//edit2: okay, apparently it didn't want to work.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 01:56 PM ----------

Let's go... SLOW.

Oh, fixed the media page and the facebook button. Apparently that was borked in IE. There will be another song uploaded before the end of the year, I think
    Will warn ya when I put it up.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2011-12-27 at 08:20 PM. Reason: //edit: *hm* might've actually found a fix for it that may or may not work. Will report back later.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Have at thee!

Deleted
    One more!

Got tickets to go see Vallenfyre in february, should be nice.

Since 2012 is upon us, how about some doomsday songs?

When I am freezing my ass outisde, I listen to this to keep me warm

-

-

-

-

-

-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Solid idea.

Here's my contributions, from a more power metal side of things:

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 06:30 PM ----------

Until I think of more doomsday songs I'll post some other stuff in the meantime:

Kickass German thrash:

Old school 80's US power/prog:

Thrashy tinged Swedish power metal:

German power metal that really doesn't sound like anyone else:

The above song has always been a song I really, really enjoy. Vocals are awesome, the melody and atmosphere is stellar, I LOVE the contrast between the crushing lead riff and the very soft piano dancing underneath it, and I absolutely love that scream at 4:16, one of my favorite examples of metal screaming in a power/heavy metal band.

Deleted
    Any Vital Remains song, they just sound like apocalypse:

Also, guys please stop embedding so many videos, it takes a long time to load the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Any Vital Remains song, they just sound like apocalypse:

Also, guys please stop embedding so many videos, it takes a long time to load the thread.
    Point 1:I think he was asking for songs specifically ABOUT the end of the world. Not ones that "sound like apocalypse".
    Point 2:Posting videos is kinda the point of this thread, I wouldn't really expect it to cease.