Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    The Ne Obliviscaris album is fucking tight as fucking balls. Great album.
    hell yes. i came back to this thread specifically to see if "Xenoflux" had been posted yet. unless i somehow missed it, it has not. the part starting at approximately 8:10 is so amazing.

Deleted

I know Rosetta's been posted before but I've been listening to stuff like this (Isis, Neurosis etc.) a ton lately, haven't been in the mood for it for a long time.

new prong is out. one of the best metal albums of the year. def their best effort since cleansing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    I know Rosetta's been posted before but I've been listening to stuff like this (Isis, Neurosis etc.) a ton lately, haven't been in the mood for it for a long time.

<Rosetta>

Nice choice.

But this album is still my favourite of this genre:

So happy to see that Meshuggah, Gojira, Devin Townsend, and Katatonia will officially make every other release of 2012 a fucking joke.

Here's a few songs of bands currently in my player:

Last edited by Vxt; 2012-06-12 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By A Thread.

Wow. Just wow. Only problem I have with it is the fact that Devin had already released a boxed set this year containing all four releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    By A Thread.

Wow. Just wow. Only problem I have with it is the fact that Devin had already released a boxed set this year containing all four releases.
    Actually he's releasing a NEW album in September entitled "Epicloud". Just pure, heavy metal in the veins of SYL and his heavier solo stuff. Will have Anneke van Giersbergen returning to do female vocals on a couple tracks. Not much has been said yet about it, but from people other than Devy, it seems early material is incredibly heavy with the same awesome electronic soundscapes he is famous for layering in there.

By A Thread and The Flesh Alive from Gojira are instantly my 2 most prized DVD's in my entire collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Nice choice.

But this album is still my favourite of this genre:

<Pelican>
    That's funny, I also listened to this exact song yesterday as well They're not my favorite though, I think it's a bit too "light" for me.

Has anyone checked out Miss May I's new album yet? I haven't had the change to look up any of the songs at work or anything, but I've been wanting to check it out. Any thoughts?

Still can't go more than a couple days without listening to this album. So far it's my personal album of the year:

Didn't know Anathema had a new album out. Not very far into it, but I'm digging what I hear so far (I realize they aren't metal anymore, which is why I didn't bother posting anything).

Also, I didn't know Mikael Akerfeldt left Bloodbath. Sweet. Get Peter Tagtgren back on vox.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-06-12 at 05:08 PM.

That's funny, I also listened to this exact song yesterday as well They're not my favorite though, I think it's a bit too "light" for me.
    You might like Suffocate For Fuck's Sake:

Plus Amenra - Mass III is pretty legit.

Deleted
    Black Sabbath, the first and the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get some reviews of the new Ne Obliviscaris. This is probably the most refreshing release I've heard in years, yet still a LOT of people dismiss it as wanking, or that the violins are overused... What the fudge. /scratches head
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-06-12 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I really don't get some reviews of the new Ne Obliviscaris. This is probably the most refreshing release I've heard in years, yet still a LOT of people dismiss it as wanking, or that the violins are overused... What the fudge. /scratches head
    I actually get what some people are getting at, I listened to it a few days ago and while it is very good there are some places where it just seemed like they were trying to cram in as many elements and layers as possible all at the same time and it just made it way too cluttered sounding.

This review on MA basically sums up exactly how I feel about Portal of I

mmmmmmmm yeah

mmmmmmmm yeah
    <jimmies successfully rustled>
    Gooooooood stuff.

Deleted
    Fancy some good old Death?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    I have discovered Metallica Jr.

I had heard of them years ago actually when they only had 1 album, but they didn't strike me the same way at the time, but now they sound a hell of alot like Metallica
    I disagree. I'd call them British Slayer instead.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann