Thread: [Music] Metal

Do I want to see None So Vile performed live in it's entirety if Lord Worm isn't on vocals?
    Supporting act will be Decrepit Birth, who I don't know a lot about but I've listened to their whole discography and found it okay. Has anyone seen a non-Worm Cryptopsy live?

Yeah, from that clip he seems decent. Guess I'll go, it's not that far of a drive anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Shame the album isn't really consistent. There's a couple ho-hummers on it.
    Yeah, seems about right. Listened to it, was okay, had some good moments, but also some really meh ones.

Deleted
    Wintersun's crowdfunding campaign is now live https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/w...wdfunding--3#/
    50€ for Forest Seasons, Time I 1.5 remaster, Wintersun 2.0 remaster, Forest Seasons instrumental version, Forest Seasons isolated tracks for drums, bass, rhythm guitars, solo & melody guitars, orchestrations & synths and vocals, Live at Tuska 2013, Acoustic version of Loneliness (Winter) from Forest Seasons.

Fucking backed. Or as Jari put it; check this shit out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWdR1V1bbU&t=136s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Wintersun's crowdfunding campaign is now live
    I think Wintersun is pretty good, well their first album is, but I doubt I'll ever crowdfund them.

Mmh
    Enter Shikari is pretty good

I used to be a hardcore Jari fanboy. Ensiferum s/t and Iron are basically perfect, Wintersun s/t is just short of perfect. Time I was a dud, and all the drama surrounding him has made me really turn on him hard.
    50 bucks as the only donation tier to get the album is absolutely retarded. The fact that there isn't a 10 euro option to get JUST Forest Seasons is stupid as hell. Not all of Wintersun's fans can give them 50 for the new album and all this other shit that they will probably delete anyways. The fact that it is all digital is also stupid as hell, for 50 I'd expect at the very least the new album on vinyl.
    Then you take into account that they said they are doing this T H R E E times to pay for their new studio. They said the new album is 100% recorded and ready to go, but they will not release it unless this crowdfund goal is met. How are you recording all this music without your new studio you are begging money from your fans for, Jari? The really sad part is the music in the background from Forest Seasons sounds really great, way better than Time I. But fuck Jari, fuck Wintersun, and fuck this campaign that they are running.

Edit: Apparently you can get the physical release from Nuclear Blast later, I'll be doing that for sure.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2017-03-01 at 07:01 PM.

Just found these guys, really enjoying the huge breakdowns

Digging this album:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I used to be a hardcore Jari fanboy. Ensiferum s/t and Iron are basically perfect, Wintersun s/t is just short of perfect. Time I was a dud, and all the drama surrounding him has made me really turn on him hard.
    50 bucks as the only donation tier to get the album is absolutely retarded. The fact that there isn't a 10 euro option to get JUST Forest Seasons is stupid as hell. Not all of Wintersun's fans can give them 50 for the new album and all this other shit that they will probably delete anyways. The fact that it is all digital is also stupid as hell, for 50 I'd expect at the very least the new album on vinyl.
    Then you take into account that they said they are doing this T H R E E times to pay for their new studio. They said the new album is 100% recorded and ready to go, but they will not release it unless this crowdfund goal is met. How are you recording all this music without your new studio you are begging money from your fans for, Jari? The really sad part is the music in the background from Forest Seasons sounds really great, way better than Time I. But fuck Jari, fuck Wintersun, and fuck this campaign that they are running.

Edit: Apparently you can get the physical release from Nuclear Blast later, I'll be doing that for sure.

On top of that... they're sitting on one of the biggest record labels in business. They quite likely got a nice advance to record the album to begin with. All the stuff in what, 10 years old? Then you're asking for 1.5 million to build that studio before you ever get your lazy arse in motion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    On top of that... they're sitting on one of the biggest record labels in business. They quite likely got a nice advance to record the album to begin with. All the stuff in what, 10 years old? Then you're asking for 1.5 million to build that studio before you ever get your lazy arse in motion?
    I need to get into this metal business, if it's that much money to be made combined with that amount of effort.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-03-02 at 04:29 PM.

I just don't get why Wintersun has this fanatical of a fanbase. Like I said Ensiferum's first 2 albums are fucking amazing and so is the Wintersun s/t, but Time I was borderline average. It's been 13 years since Jari has put out a great album, and anyone who pays attention to the scene at all has seen that he is a huge drama queen who has made and deleted followup albums like 5 times.

Doom metal.
    i don't know if it's just me but i can't seem to enjoy any other metal subgenre.

Last edited by Elian; 2017-03-05 at 06:30 AM.

Our Last Enemy is Death

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mind me, just posting the AOTYSF from the most underrated band in post/alternative metal/rock history.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-03-06 at 05:50 PM.

I've been seeing some positive vibes from that album, I'll have to check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I'm getting strong Fall of Efrafa vibes from this.
    You said the magic words. I'll go give this a listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    @goriq yes I thought it was a decent 7/10. Didn't know they had a new one.

The Ukrainian gods of pagan metal are back. There is no way they are gonna top Voice of Steel and I'm not sure what to feel about the more "modernized metal" approach they took, but I really hope the new album comes out as a double barreled shotgun round.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-03-07 at 06:18 PM.

The new mastodon track is so much better than Show Yourself, I'm feeling a little more optimistic about the album as a whole. Both of the other tracks sound a lot like Crack the Skye (maybe that's just because Brann is singing).

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Out of the three that they've released Show Yourself was definitely the weakest. Overall, it seems like this is going to be a fairly average album with some flashes of greatness in it, which would be a little bit disappointing but I'll take a slightly underwhelming album over an absolute disaster (remember Magma?).
    I honestly thought Magma would grow on me, it took a little while for me to really appreciate L'Enfant Sauvage. Some songs are almost good (Magma, Silvera) but they just don't go anywhere.