Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Targath View Post
    I'm into trash metal alot. I like all of the bands in The Big Four. Also Iron Maiden and Pantera are amazing.

I got into metal probably because my father was this old school rock kinda guy and played stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, Dire Straits and stuff with his guitar so he influenced me to like rock for starters. Then my big brother started to listen to this heavier stuff. I don't even remember when it happened but I've liked metal music and rock as long as I can remember. I started playing bass when I was about 13 and I started listening to metal even more. I just adore Cliff Burton. There will never be a bass player even remotly as good as him. Last year when I visited Sonisphere-festival in Finland I got into metal even more. I didn't care about Anthrax that much before I went there but I liked their gig so I listen to it sometimes. But yeah, I'd say I've had metal throughout my whole life. May it stay that way for the rest of my life.

Long hair? -No, that's certainly not my style at all. Wouldn't fit me.
    I used to have long hair, but recently started buzzing off my hair. Long hair just isn't me anymore and it's a hassle to take care of.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Deleted
    Lamb of God
    Meshuggah
    Pantera
    DOWN
    DevilDriver

Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    I noticed people love power metal, I feel so left out cause I can't stand metal with clean singing that isn't Nevermore.
    By far the biggest deterrent from power metal for me is their penchant for vocalists who can't/choose not to control their vibrato. Holy fuck, that's annoying.

Masterplan would be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    By far the biggest deterrent from power metal for me is their penchant for vocalists who can't/choose not to control their vibrato. Holy fuck, that's annoying.

Masterplan would be an exception.
    I don't like the highs in power metal. but I love cookie monster vocals so most people would hold that against me.

Perfection

I don't like the highs in power metal. but I love cookie monster vocals so most people would hold that against me.
    I don't know if I know of any power metal bands that use harsh vocals. I love those vocals, though. Some of my favorites would have to be Mikael Åkerfeldt, Vald (Blood Red Throne), Matti Way (Abominable Putridity, Ex-Pathology), Johan Hegg of course, Simone "Som" Pluijmers (Cerebral Bore), Jamie Stewart (The Absence), and although I'm not usually a huge fan of high pitched vocals, especially in death metal, I love Kevin Quirion's vocals in Order of Ennead.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    I don't know if I know of any power metal bands that use harsh vocals. I love those vocals, though. Some of my favorites would have to be Mikael Åkerfeldt, Vald (Blood Red Throne), Matti Way (Abominable Putridity, Ex-Pathology), Johan Hegg of course, Simone "Som" Pluijmers (Cerebral Bore), Jamie Stewart (The Absence), and although I'm not usually a huge fan of high pitched vocals, especially in death metal, I love Kevin Quirion's vocals in Order of Ennead.
    Edge of Sanity sometimes uses highs in their older material and I always liked it but Dan Swano is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've really tried to get into death and black metal but it doesn't stick for me. I can do bands that mix metal genres, like Children of Bodom and prog bands such as Opeth or Orphaned Land.

I also just have issues with the satanism aspect of black metal. I know it's mostly a stage thing but for the few who take it seriously it rubs me the wrong way. More of a "bad juju" kind of thing, ya know? That being said, I love Shaggrath's guest vocals on Kamelot's The Black Halo.

With death metal, most that I've been exposed just doesn't really connect with me. I'd say it all sounds the same, which can easily be said about power metal as well, but there's too much dissonance in it for me to get any enjoyment out of it.

To each their own, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskathon View Post
    To be honest I couldn't remember this song. Fucking nice! I really like this one! Speaking about breakdowns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn6X0...eature=related
    That whole album was really fucking solid, but my personal favorite was Iskander Dhul Kharnon

My favorite Nile song.

If you wanna go across their entire discography I think few things beat Unas Slayer of the Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    If you wanna go across their entire discography I think few things beat Unas Slayer of the Gods
    I will agree. Song is so epic and heavy.

I'm not really into Manowar, but this song is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EviiD3--iU

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire album is great, but that would be a particular highlight, yes. Then again, between three friends, it's Catacombs, Black Seeds and that one as favourite Nile albums.

Far as I'm concerned, everything they released after doesn't come close.

Deleted
    I noticed people love power metal, I feel so left out cause I can't stand metal with clean singing that isn't Nevermore.
    If you have a hard time getting into Power Metal as an extreme metal metalhead, start with Persuader.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    The entire album is great, but that would be a particular highlight, yes. Then again, between three friends, it's Catacombs, Black Seeds and that one as favourite Nile albums.

I don't know for me it's Black Seeds, Shrines, From Whom The Gods Detest then Catacombs and the other two can go whatever order I don't care.

I don't know for me it's Black Seeds, Shrines, From Whom The Gods Detest then Catacombs and the other two can go whatever order I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

Really? I thought Ithyphallic was overall pretty weak in comparison, but Annihilation was fantastic.

Really? I thought Ithyphallic was overall pretty weak in comparison, but Annihilation was fantastic.
    I really think Ithyphallic is their weakest overall and my least favorite so that one would be last one my list. Lol

The title song and What Can Be Safely Written were both good imo, but the rest of album was definitely lacking. Eat of the Dead is basically the only Nile song I actively dislike.

The title song and What Can Be Safely Written were both good imo, but the rest of album was definitely lacking. Eat of the Dead is basically the only Nile song I actively dislike.
    I still think Nile should do a cd about Cthulhu since they did a song about Dagon.