Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Weird, I didn't remember seeing anywhere saying that Archaeology was supposed to be a fun profession that provided in-game advantages. I guess I need to look up what a secondary profession is again.
    Where do you get this from? No one is demanding that it be made fun. They're just saying that they can understand why you would bot it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Maybe if blizzard didn't make archaeology the most boring profession in the history of the world ever.. then they wouldn't bot. Also to some people $1000 is worth less then the time it takes to level up to 85 and get geared.
    If you can't be bothered to level Archaeology, then don't. You don't NEED Archaeology to play the game.

But if you WANT Archaeology because theres a cool mount or item you can get from it, you should be able to level it yourself if you really want it that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    See in my sig? Server first Scepter, possibly one of the first in the world. It makes me feel good having that, it really does. It's called hard work, learn it.
    Implying server first scepter required solely hard work. I like you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by madyrn View Post
    I see so many complaint threads about Blizzard dealing with BOTs and when they finally do something the offender gets defended just because he botted a "boring profession".
    Oh god, this, so much. +10.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-04-02 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Maybe if blizzard didn't make archaeology the most boring profession in the history of the world ever.. then they wouldn't bot. Also to some people $1000 is worth less then the time it takes to level up to 85 and get geared.
    $1000 is like 2 or 3 classes at a community college.
    Can pay for part of your mortage...can pay for rent...more than a month's worth of groceries....

And you compare it to how long it takes someone to get to max level and get geared?

$1000 is A LOT of money.

And most professions are boring. That doesn't mean you have to bot it.

There are people that cling to their properties more than needed, like I wouldnt pay $1000 for an account which is even more geared than my own character, lets say full T11 HC and HC pieces from head to toe. But god knows that if my account was gone and I could offer $10k for it to be back I would. Simply because I spent alot of time on my account and I value it, and something I had for 5 years is more valuable than something I make in less than a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl, i'd unban him, get the 1k, and ban him gain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    If you can't be bothered to level Archaeology, then don't. You don't NEED Archaeology to play the game.

But if you WANT Archaeology because theres a cool mount or item you can get from it, you should be able to level it yourself if you really want it that bad.
    Exactly. Its the mindset of someone who is lazy: "I want to get that car but I'm too lazy to save up the money to get one. Oh, why not steal it?"

yeah....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    See in my sig? Server first Scepter, possibly one of the first in the world. It makes me feel good having that, it really does. It's called hard work, learn it.
    No, It implies you have alot of free time on your hands. Hard work isn't mindnumblingly flying around killa until you get a proc for the Scepter.

RNG imo

scrub got banned for botting go cry me a river
    *broken sig link*

I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    Thats true, what you really need is a good enough work around such as Blizzards reason for selling mounts for real money even though it's clearly against the ToS.
    Actually the TOS states that blizzard can do whatever they want with their game, without any restriction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    But this is not the case in WoW and this is not this guys case either. You can argue that botting is understandable, okay and that Blizz is to blame all day long....... Doesn't change the fact that if you're having issues getting gold in WoW without cheating, you are terribad.

For several classes (like ferals) there aren't even any usable items from Archaeology and I still managed to lvl it, boring as it was - without cheating. And guess what...... It didn't kill me, it just took me alot longer than it took others who actually had a reason to lvl it.
    Everyone's quoting me out of context. The guy said "You fail because you get the game to play for you, what's the point?" and I was giving him an OUT OF WOW example of where people also do that. And then answering the question of "Why?" With another question "While it's a cheap way to get lots of gold in Fable by just buying property and leaving your game on (and afk for whatever reason). It just raises a better question of why people would do that? 1. It's possible. 2. Why do something ultimately boring and not fun, to get a large reward, when you have the choice of just not doing it and getting the reward still?"

People will often respond with "It's fun working for that, because afterwards I have an achievement to show everyone that I put effort into it!" Which really means nothing other then tricking yourself that there's a legitimate reason to do something that feels like an assembly line job, and thanking the Devs for letting you work. O.o

So, I completely understand why people choose to bot. But ultimately, I think the real problem lies with Blizzard making things so dreadfully boring. It's an old style to make an MMO become addicting to people, and they just need to stop it. Stop tricking people into thinking they're having fun, and just make things fun god damnit. Why did they release this awful Archaeology to begin with?

I am more surprised at blizzard (perma?) baning players that use a bot to lvl the most boring and purely implemented profession ever in the history of MMO's while racists, sexists, abusers and cyber freaks are allowed to run around freely while recieving nothing more 3 hour bans and if. Ninja issue causes way more griefing to the rest of us then boting as well.

Personally as a 4 year WoW player that has never boted bought gold or even recieved any form of ban or warning even i wouldnt mind at all someone boting archaelogy. I got it to 50 or so on 1 char and gave up because it was horrioble and simply the word boring cant even remotely describe it.

But hey thats just me

I am against bots as well btw but an individual benefit bot that doesnt affect me at all isnt my concern. Arch bot seriouly? Who cares really.

Ban everyone that uses auction house adds ons as well btw since we are it. Gives us a TREMENDOUS and way stronger benefit compared to arch bots over the players who dont.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-03-30 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clethius View Post
    damn... this guys got some green lying around if his wow account is worth $1000 to him ... if his account is that stacked id probably just quit playing
    When I quit UO, I sold my account for $2200 (account / gold selling was legal there, unlike in WoW.) I got $700 from my SWG account when I bailed on that game (about 3 months after release.) The only reason the dude even bought the SWG account from me is because there was a master architect toon on it. There's a lot of rich people out there who will pay an outrageous price for just about anything that is considered rare.
    Last edited by Bitlovin; 2011-03-30 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    $1000 is like 2 or 3 classes at a community college.
    Can pay for part of your mortage...can pay for rent...more than a month's worth of groceries....

And you compare it to how long it takes someone to get to max level and get geared?
    I guess he meant to say that some people can earn 1000$ faster that 85+geared(do you know, how exactly geared he was?). Maybe there were some things that he won't get on a new character, but mean something to him, like a rare mount/title.

Most of the posts here are jealosy and envy, I guess. How did he hurt you? Resource bots disrupt economy+steal your herbs/ore, but dig sites are individual, they don't affect anyone.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was rich I would gladly pay $1,000 to get my old banned account back. A thousand bucks is nothing for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    What a noob.Have to use bots to get their gold.
    Good job reading the post, all your post are just super constructive

on topic.. Hell i would be pretty upset if my account got locked i don't think i could/would spent 1000 dollars on it tho, best of luck for the guy to get his acc back

on a side note i know a player whos account was banned in this wave of bot bans and she already has her account back and she botted gold not the stupid profession
    Hi Sephurik

His account got reinstated

if his character was worth $1000 he shouldn't have risked it botting.