Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    HAHA YESSS!!
    What made you so happy ? :P

Deleted
    More manliness for everyone to enjoy. This time Bathory:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    I think I just fell in love with you. Manowar is easily my #1 Favorite Metal Band EVER. No other band that I've ever listened to has NEARLY as much "Metal-Pride" as they do. I'm not even joking.
    Can't really compare any band to Manowar/Dio far as "Metal pride" goes; not when they both have songs like these two. Not to mention very few have done what they both have for the genre and its people.

Edit: see signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    It's not my fault I'm getting banned :X

You should blame the person that keeps hold of me when I'm drunk ! Anyway... >_<

What do you guys say we talk about Thrash Now? I have a question. What's your favorite Megadeth Era? Since Megadeth is one of my top favorite bands, I have a really hard time deciding... while I think Friedman was godly with his guitar solos, Megadeth sounded that more ''raw'' to me in the first cd's.
    Sooo you want(ed) thrash?!

By far my favourite thrash album, Darkness Descends is. For soem reason I never really liked the Megadeth-type bands at all, I always wanted massive ferocity in my thrash with neckbreaking riffing and murderous vocals. The unholy trinity of Dark Angel/Kreator/Slayer is what does it for me, mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Can't really compare any band to Manowar/Dio far as "Metal pride" goes; not when they both have songs like these two. Not to mention very few have done what they both have for the genre and its people.

Edit: see signature.
    Which is probably why I hate Manowar so much. Don't get me wrong I really respect Dio for what he did for metal and I like his works too but Manowar is a completely different thing.
    That band always played incredibly generic and safe metal, so I find their 'trveism' completely hypocritical by default, and on top of that I find the band's image and their various attempts at cashgrab and selling themselves via their image to be completley disgusting.

It feels like to me they cannot be arsed to make good music so they resort to selling themselves by labelling themselves with stupid things like how they are the 'true metal' around and how they are the 'loudest band' in the world, as if they were any revolutionaries or made anything standout. But no, they never did. Just totally generic and watered down heavy metal/US power metal. If I want to listen to something from those genres I'm gonna blast out something like Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Dio or Accept or w/e who all made much better music than Manowar without the need for all that retarded ego inflation.

This further irritates me because I think terms like 'true metal' or 'poser' are so stupid it's unbelievable and I hold Manowar mainly for spreading that type of closeminded bull into so many (often very much 'mainstream' themselves) metalheads.
    Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2012-03-06 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Which is probably why I hate Manowar so much. Don't get me wrong I really respect Dio for what he did for metal and I like his works too but Manowar is a completely different thing.
    I've always felt Eric (and the others too) really does care for the genre and doesn't just stick to the "true metal" label to fill their own pockets. Never given it much thought and realistically it's quite likely you're right but I can't really help but like their music; plus I find the whole "trveism", as you put it, to be quite amusing even though it may be just for the sake of gathering more followers or some such. Regardless, I've personally seen them put their heart and soul into live performances, which is something I honestly don't think would happen if they were (just) a gigantic sellout.

@Uldreth - that song from Dark Angel is quite epic

10+ Year Old Account
    So... apparently it's old school time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So... apparently it's old school time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY4DD2Z09tk
    I guess it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    What made you so happy ? :P
    Good ol' Entombed amigo. And now Dissection.

My favorite Entombed/Nihilist song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ7qYYcZ_Vs followed by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zeXH...eature=related
    Last edited by mmoc54c9892e8d; 2012-03-06 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Old school...?

Edit: Just noticed I'm a fucking Mechagnome now!!

So... apparently it's old school time
    It's always old-school time.

Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2012-03-06 at 06:58 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Edit: Just noticed I'm a fucking Mechagnome now!!
    Haha! :P

Old school ?

Old school ?

Old school ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to break the old school party, but this song just made me say "HOLY FUCK" about 10-20seconds in.

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 09:04 PM ----------

Also:

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 09:07 PM ----------

Okay, this is so old school it made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-03-06 at 08:10 PM.

YOU WANT OLDSCHOOL?

JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN MY SONG !

Deleted
    On the Seventh Day God Created... Master

I think any band that wastes their time with "metal pride", or being "real metal" isn't a band worth my time to listen to. The same sentiments extend to metalheads with the same views, unfortunately. Not that there's anything wrong with Metal, but it's a little ridiculous and annoying when some swear that it's "classical music reinvented", or "the only REAL genres of music", etc.

Manowar is only bearable because of how fucking ridiculous their album covers are.

Speaking of Metal,

Melodeath may be some "entry level" stuff, but god damn there are some good albums. And if we're still retaining old-school:

Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-03-06 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted

Why entry level?

I started listening to metal by Thrash, and only a few years ago did I catch up with Melodic Death Metal, I actually hated it before I got into the genre o.O

And I only got to it because I already listened to Death Metal, then I thought to myself, meh I may as well give a try to this melodic stuff =P

Talking about Death Metal... some brute, raw stuff, just the way I like my Death Metal xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason people find it easier to listen to Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir or Children of Boredom. The melodies are easy to follow, making it easier to latch on and from there develop onto more extreme sounds.