Thread: [Music] Metal

Seeing Magrudergrind tomorrow. Awwww yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

Can't wait for the new album.

- - - Updated - - -

Grim black metal that has a 90's feel surrounding it, if the cover wasn't an obvious giveaway. Does its job pretty great I must say.

Oof, that is a grim 90's as fuck black metal album cover. I'll check that after I listen to all of Varg's terrible dungeon synth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some tasty black metal:

Deleted
    Anyone looking for some nice croatian black metal? IMO if we did anything right it was the old black metal scene.

PS I am going to see Cannibal Corpse tommorow. I might be a black metal guy, but it was Alex Webster that made me play bass 24h a day. cant wait

Im into heavy metal, lol because my wife (whos jamaican) listened to it when we ment and really opened me up to the genre. Before that I was mostly Alternative Rock just starting to touch the metal side with Atreyu.

Now me and my wife listen to FFDP, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, Sevendust, Black Veil Brides (not really metal anymore tho), Atreyu. I still have a soft spot for my german metal Oomph, they are really good.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    Anyone looking for some nice croatian black metal? IMO if we did anything right it was the old black metal scene.

PS I am going to see Cannibal Corpse tommorow. I might be a black metal guy, but it was Alex Webster that made me play bass 24h a day. cant wait
    Pretty well done, just really dislike the drum sound. Actually kills the entire song for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Pretty well done, just really dislike the drum sound. Actually kills the entire song for me.
    I find them good, but I get you, drum sound in metal is always either a hit or miss to me

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Some tasty black metal:

Fucking love Uada. They are a pretty shameless ripoff of Mgla with some Dissection elements, but they do it well. Probably my AOTYSF.

I don't know if this question will have me laughed out of the thread or not, but I really like Dethklok, even if it's a comedy/parody band. Is there anything similar to the sound they have?
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    I don't know if this question will have me laughed out of the thread or not, but I really like Dethklok, even if it's a comedy/parody band. Is there anything similar to the sound they have?
    Dethklok is melodic death metal, so there are plenty of bands like them.

Amon Amarth

Children of Bodom

Kalmah

In Flames

10+ Year Old Account
    Listened to Almanac's Tsar album only because David Readman was on vocals. I didn't like it because I don't like bands that have cheesy choruses every songs. The other two vocalists on the album aren't good either. The guitar riffs were good though and at least it sounds somewhat like a metal band unlike shit like Blind Guardians Beyond the Red Mirror or any of their post Imaginations albums.

Also the songs that Readman wrote all reference Symphony X songs in the lyrics. Children of the Future references Reign in Madness and Iconoclast, No More Shadows references Damnation Game, Nevermore references Premonition and Reign of Madness references In My Darkest Hour. Even those song titles reference symphony X songs Children of the Future is (Children of a Faceless God), No More Shadows (Of sins and Shadows), Nevermore (Nevermore) and Reign of Madness (Reign in Madness).

10+ Year Old Account
    A reminder that the new Schammasch triple cd is probably the best black album so far this year.

Deleted
    New Death Angel sounds promising.

Saw Municipal Waste and Savagery last night amid a couple of whatever bands.

MW and Sav were tons of fun. The other bands sucked ass, to be frank. It was not a sold out show as such the crowd was kinda thin. Not too hyped but still a lot of fun thrash/punk jams.

Seeing Protomen, Math the Band and Big Syn tonight. Should be fun.

Also seeing Dying Fetus and Jungle Rot on Tuesday. Amon Amarth are on Thursday too.

This summer all my weekends have shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seeing Protomen, Math the Band and Big Syn tonight. Should be fun.
    The Protomen were a blast! Pun intended, btw.

Terrific stage show and great performance. The drummer diving from the top of a 115 foot gong to smash the floor tom, keytar solos played on their knees, robots walking on stage, etc. Tons of fun.

One of the best encores I ever seen! It was the last night of the tour. The Protomen came out for a five song encore and on the last song all the members of the opening bands came out on stage (it was their last night too) and about 25 musicians were just freeform jamming and tearing up the stage. The place was going apeshit.

Banging a huge floor tom they suspended above the front row with their hands, two guys on top of the stacks soloing and dancing like madmen, a circle of drummers all jamming on the kit, gong playing, kazoo solo. The entire audience singling every single word of the song totally in time too. It was a blast.

Met the whole band after the show. The band just walked out into the crowd and chatted with everyone giving out handshakes, hugs, selfies and dancing like fools to Pat Benatar.

Fabulous.

Jungle Rot & Dying Fetus Tuesday! Amon Amarth Thursday!

Live like an angel, die like a devil!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-05-01 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus effing Christ, there goes my face. Noise/ambient/whatever the fuck this is. It's Japanese, that's what it is.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-05-02 at 08:28 PM.

Yeah, I saw that on the front page of Sputnikmusic. Been meaning to check it out, but I am on a bit of a tech death binge since I'm not super familiar with the genre.

Red Fang- Blood Like Cream
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Yeah, I saw that on the front page of Sputnikmusic. Been meaning to check it out, but I am on a bit of a tech death binge since I'm not super familiar with the genre.
    Thrash binges are the best binges tbh. My playlist atm so far consists of only ostm:

Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-05-03 at 08:58 AM.