Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Ohoho, how i got into Metal... Oh dear lord.

I've listened to Rammstein since i was about 13-14, so about 11-12 years, give or take.

I have listened to very many different artists in regards to Metal, both german ones, english ones, Swedish ones, as for Old classical ones, like Slayer, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Iron Maiden

Then there is the newer ones, like Slipknot, Raubtier, Sabaton, Metallica, Disturbed, you know the list goes on, the consensus is that i have listened to a shit ton of different bands.

And i really love metal, because, not only does it cover the whole aspect of, you know, Heavy industrial beats, and usually very aggressive subjects or portrayed as such..

It's a massive stress reliever, i have at times, almost fallen asleep, cause i get so relaxed from Metal. Other than that, i find it really enjoyable.

Usually, for me, it shifts what gradient i am after. You know, sometimes you need some of that, really fucking heavy Metal, other times, it's just, you know.

It's just, idk, Sabaton is a example, Night Witches and Ghost Division being amongst the "Harder", whilst Stalingrad being softer, Carolous rex, etc.

But Raubtier, i find thoose very enjoyable. As well as Rammstein, but it's been a lot of Raubtier, i guess i just shift around a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-08-08 at 06:52 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Ohoho, how i got into Metal... Oh dear lord.

I've listened to Rammstein since i was about 13-14, so about 11-12 years, give or take.

I have listened to very many different artists in regards to Metal, both german ones, as for Old classical ones, like Slayer, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Iron Maiden

Then there is the newer ones, like Slipknot, Raubtier, Sabaton, Metallica, Disturbed, you know the list goes on, the consensus is that i have listened to a shit ton of different bands.

And i really love metal, because, not only does it cover the whole aspect of, you know, Heavy industrial beats, and usually very aggressive subjects or portrayed as such..

It's a massive stress reliever, i have at times, almost fallen asleep, cause i get so relaxed from Metal. Other than that, i find it really enjoyable.

Usually, for me, it shifts what gradient i am after. You know, sometimes you need some of that, really fucking heavy Metal, other times, it's just, you know.

It's just, idk, Sabaton is a example, Night Witches and Ghost Division being amongst the "Harder", whilst Stalingrad being softer, Carolous rex, etc.

But Raubtier, i find thoose very enjoyable. As well as Rammstein, but it's been a lot of Raubtier, i guess i just shift around a lot.
    Metallica isn't exactly a newer band, especially not when compared to Megadeth o.O

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Get fucking hype.

Hi folks, it's time to talk a bit about our new album - and as I don't like to talk or write about music much I can say that it is more serious and primitive than usual. Vocals are only done by Ted as I thought this would create a more solemn/introvert atmosphere. The album is called ARCTIC THUNDER because it is my fave bandname (old mega-obscure Norwegian band from the 80s that I asked the permission from to use as an album title). Meanwhile here is the cover, it is from the personal camping archives from a trip some years ago to SPÅLSBERGET in Nordmarka. IT has the usual spruce-tree skyline and also a bonfire - there will be another limited colour version with orange logo and title, because that was MY favourite colour, but the usual release looks like this in silver - as this was Ted's favourite version.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Metallica isn't exactly a newer band, especially not when compared to Megadeth o.O
    That whole post just reads like bait to piss off "metal elitists"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    That whole post just reads like bait to piss off "metal elitists"
    Dunno. I read it and went "whatever". Just means I don't need to expect anything worth discovering from that guy. Not a dig, as it's perfectly fine what people listen to, but nothing that'll match my taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Can't say that I'm really into Darkthrone, since I've only listened to two of their albums so far and I only really like two of their songs in total so far, but they've grown on me and I usually don't pass on opportunities to get into bands that I previously couldn't warm up to, so I'll definitely give their new album a listen.
    With Darkthrone, two albums really doesn't do much. They've released a bunch of stuff and been all over the place really. From pure death metal to pure power / thrash / heavy metal, grim trve black metal, punky crusty black metal and pretty much anything in between.

Saw Ghoul last night. It was a blast. I was covered in fake blood and loved every moment of their ridiculous show.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Dunno. I read it and went "whatever". Just means I don't need to expect anything worth discovering from that guy. Not a dig, as it's perfectly fine what people listen to, but nothing that'll match my taste.
    Calling Megadeth a classic band and Metallica a new band is either bait or being uninformed.

Calling Megadeth a classic band and Metallica a new band is either bait or being uninformed.
    its a trap.

also IRON MAIDEN

edit: seriously, been a maiden fan for some time now, but every time i listen to an album i find something in a song that is new. fucking amazing band
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Which of their albums would you guys suggest for me to listen to next?
    To be honest, practically all of them. Their style evolves so frequently, only really staying in a genre for a few albums (with the exception of BM, they released about 5 pure BM albums).

So ones I would rec:
    Soulside Journey
    Blaze in the Northern Sky
    Under a Funeral Moon (my personal favorite)
    Panzerfaust
    Total Death
    Circle the Wagons
    The Underground Resistance

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, practically all of them. Their style evolves so frequently, only really staying in a genre for a few albums (with the exception of BM, they released about 5 pure BM albums).

So ones I would rec:
    Soulside Journey
    Blaze in the Northern Sky
    Under a Funeral Moon (my personal favorite)
    Panzerfaust
    Total Death
    Circle the Wagons
    The Underground Resistance
    Seems to be pretty much spot on really. I'd just move Panzerfaust and TUR up about 2-3 spots.

Didn't see this posted (tbh I didn't look that hard). I'm pretty sure it'll end up in my top 10 for this year:

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp....f-blood-part-i

Deleted
    Came accross an album I really liked. Still waiting for a new album after ~7 years.

TUR was interesting since it's so different from the other Darkthrone albums I've heard so far. I might give it a few more listens.
    TUR was the first non-BM Darkthrone I listened to so I fucking hated it. Then I found myself singing the chorus of Leave no Cross Unturned so I came back to it, now I like it almost as much as their first 4 BM albums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give Panzerfaust a listen.

And Panzerchrist.

No way related to Darkthrone, just a great blackened death band that I remembered because of Panzerfaust.

Just picked this up off bandcamp. Good album, especially if you like Death Doom that sounds like it was recorded in a cave:

I'm really starting to appreciate the Black Metal Promotion youtube channel, I've listened to so fucking much BM today. Not all of it good mind you, but a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the channel, but most of it doesn't really appeal to me. Occasionally there's something I'll find interesting. Much more likely to enjoy what OdiumNostrum puts up.

Can't say that I'm really into Darkthrone, since I've only listened to two of their albums so far and I only really like two of their songs in total so far, but they've grown on me and I usually don't pass on opportunities to get into bands that I previously couldn't warm up to, so I'll definitely give their new album a listen.
    not really a fan either but this one speaks to me :P

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

anyways it's friday so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Just picked this up off bandcamp. Good album, especially if you like Death Doom that sounds like it was recorded in a cave:

Please explain to me why you would like such albums.

I just can't stand such recordings. Same reason why in most cases I dislike the earliest albums of bands that have been around for a few decades (Like Dark Tranquillity). They sound so demo-ish and, recorded in a small garage. Doesn't sound very professional.

Anyway, debut album of Enchiridion, German MDM:

Favourite tracks so far are The Martyr and Absent Minded. Great album, really loving this style. Pure, raw with a little bit of old school MDM touch.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2016-08-13 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    If by earliest you mean Skydancer, then yes, that one is a little bit lo-fi. If you mean anything DT did after that then you're probably an overly picky audiophile. Recording quality is not related to how professional a band is at all. Mixing, maybe, but if you can't afford high-quality equipment and a studio, which most bands couldn't in the 90s then your production is going to be bad.

Lo-fi music is something that has to grow on a lot of people though. I had to get used to it too. I thought that Amon Amarth's early stuff was hard to listen to back when I only just got into metal, but I got used to it.

You also lock yourself out of a lot of great music if you can't deal with a little bit of lo-fi-ness. If Skydancer is already too much for you then you're only just going to miss out on even more.
    I should've been a little bit more clear.

Let's just take Dark Tranquillity for discussion's sake. Skydancer, I can listen to it, I just don't like it that much when you compare it to a few albums coming later. Although I have to be honest, as more years are passing, all this old stuff becomes much easier to listen to nowadays. I like DT the most between the Haven and Fiction albums. Many years ago I simply quit Skydancer. Was never a big fan of At The Gates too, but I'm slowly getting into it more.

I still don't understand how Temple Nightside can be enjoyable to listen to though. It's different, as if it's recorded in this style on purpose.

I prefer atmospheric stuff like these guys: